Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

Butterbeer in the books was alcoholic, but Universal has fought to communicate that Butterbeer is for everyone and they have been successful at it since everyone buys it. With introducing an alcoholic version, they would be opening up to potential missed sales by people thinking "AlL BuTTErbeEr iS ALchOhOlic NoW". Not to mention beer is in the name.

The Blue Green Milk thing is stupid as Disney just needs to admit it has a terrible drink rather than pouring booze into it. The drink needs to be re-designed and re-flavored.

I was gonna go on a tangent about it not being alcoholic in the books, but apparently I was wrong. It just is such a small amount that it doesn't affect humans as much.

"It may have a very slight alcohol content, which could get house-elves in a drunk-like state,[4] though an humans than smaller creatures such as house-elves, but humans can still fall "under the influence" of it."

I was gonna go on a tangent about it not being alcoholic in the books, but apparently I was wrong. It just is such a small amount that it doesn't affect humans as much.

"It may have a very slight alcohol content, which could get house-elves in a drunk-like state,[4] though an humans than smaller creatures such as house-elves, but humans can still fall "under the influence" of it."
It has slight alcoholic content in it, but in real life it has the word 'beer' in it....And not everyone has read Harry Potter

I still believe (regardless of its alcohol content or elves tolerance level) it would be a mistake for Universal to offer an alcoholic version

Unfortunately they discontinued the paper cups. :(
Don’t tell them I told you this. Tell them you can’t have a cone because of an allergy or gluten sensitivity. They’ll give you a cup.

If they try to offer you the plastic souvenir glass, tell them you’re just going to throw it away and you care too much about the environment.

They have the paper cups. They’re just trying to get more money out of us.

Although, they stopped printing the graphics on them. Just plain white.

Of course, if you don’t want the hassle, just go to the Hopping Pot. They only serve the ice cream in paper cups.

Don’t tell them I told you this. Tell them you can’t have a cone because of an allergy or gluten sensitivity. They’ll give you a cup.

If they try to offer you the plastic souvenir glass, tell them you’re just going to throw it away and you care too much about the environment.

Of course, if you don’t want the hassle, just go to the Hopping Pot. They only serve the ice cream in paper cups.

I didn't even realize Hopping Pot sold BB ice cream.

It's like learning In N Out had a secret menu. Thanks @Alicia!

Anyone heard anything about whether or not Harry Potter A Celebration will be returning or not?
Highly doubt it.

The reason it didn't work is because the top talent didn't want to show up so they ended up with the same cast every year. And for some reason, they didn't want to make Fantastic Beasts a larger focus of the event and maybe use some of those cast members.

In the end, the celebration didn't affect attendance much at all. Now, they're able to hold Rock the Universe around that time period, as well as hold the new Running Universal event. Both of those are much more beneficial to Universal as RtU allows Universal to now start HHN earlier, which DOES directly impact attendance and Running Universal will likely get people staying onsite in a slow time (that's why Disney positions their races when they do).

Last edited:
Been out of the loop for a while on FJ but does anyone know if there are plans to address the locker situation? Still a total mess.
The fact that they rerouted the entrance is the best they can do unless they build a bigger locker space somewhere else, possibly where the lines enter now. At least if you dont have bags you dont have yo deal with the congestion of pushing though that bottleneck.

Not sure but I think @Alicia mentioned plans for lockers in the extended queue at the start of the line thereby freeing up the inside space
Yea. Not sure if plans were scrapped or postponed. For now they’re only let guests use lockers at castle entrance. And they’ve moved the ride entrance straight to the greenhouse. Helps with crowd control.