Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but to be fair IOA was meant to be the opposite of USF. And IOA's biggest current complaint is lack of things to do in the rain, and they have four dark rides. This might have five which is not much better.
Maybe it's just me. But 5 sounds like a lot. Like a good number. I wish more theme parks had at least 5 dark rides.

How many does Animal Kingdom have? 2? And one of them is fairly new.

Hollywood Studios? 1? 2 if you count Tower of Terror I guess. (Until Mickey and Rise of course, but even then still only 3 or 4.)

Epcot has I think 5 if you count Test Track, and 3 of them are boat rides, one of which is through a greenhouse.

Even Magic Kingdom, which has the most rides ever, still only has 7 completely indoor dark rides.

I think 5 is great.

Could be worse. Could be SeaWorld with only 1, or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay with 0 lol.

(Wrote this fast, my apologies if I missed any.)

Maybe it's just me. But 5 sounds like a lot. Like a good number. I wish more theme parks had at least 5 dark rides.

How many does Animal Kingdom have? 2? And one of them is fairly new.

Hollywood Studios? 1? 2 if you count Tower of Terror I guess. (Until Mickey and Rise of course, but even then still only 3 or 4.)

Epcot has I think 5 if you count Test Track, and 3 of them are boat rides, one of which is through a greenhouse.

Even Magic Kingdom, which has the most rides ever, still only has 7 completely indoor dark rides.

I think 5 is great.

Could be worse. Could be SeaWorld with only 1, or Busch Gardens Tampa Bay with 0 lol.

(Wrote this fast, my apologies if I missed any.)

I'm counting simulators and coasters (just indoor rides in general), so Hollywood Studios has 5 and Seaworld has 2.

I'm counting simulators and coasters (just indoor rides in general), so Hollywood Studios has 5 and Seaworld has 2.
Oh, well that's a horse of a different color lol.

Just like IOA, or Animal Kingdom, the two newest theme parks built in Orlando, I think EU will open with a smaller amount of attractions, but more will be added on.

DAK opened without Everest or Kali for example. We didn't even consider it a full day park until Pandora opened, but imagine going before Asia did lol.

It's normal. I just have to wonder if they'll put a rush on Nintendo phase 2, or another expansion, as soon as it opens. Or wait a few years.

Oh, well that's a horse of a different color lol.

Just like IOA, or Animal Kingdom, the two newest theme parks built in Orlando, I think EU will open with a smaller amount of attractions, but more will be added on.

DAK opened without Everest or Kali for example. We didn't even consider it a full day park until Pandora opened, but imagine going before Asia did lol.

It's normal. I just have to wonder if they'll put a rush on Nintendo phase 2, or another expansion, as soon as it opens. Or wait a few years.

Probably wait. I wouldn't be surprised if KFP came first either.

Reactions: Alicia
I bet y'all a bajillion dollars if we get a preview center it'll be in USF. That way they can put it in the park map, and pretend it's an attraction, just like they did for the IOA preview center...

Speaking of... anyone else walk through the HHN Tribute Store this year and get serious IOA Preview Center vibes? Now that they tore out the expanded Mummy queue, that space is pretty much right back to how it was back then. Be a perfect place for a preview center, don't you think? Hmmm.

I bet y'all a bajillion dollars if we get a preview center it'll be in USF. That way they can put it in the park map, and pretend it's an attraction, just like they did for the IOA preview center...

Speaking of... anyone else walk through the HHN Tribute Store this year and get serious IOA Preview Center vibes? Now that they tore out the expanded Mummy queue, that space is pretty much right back to how it was back then. Be a perfect place for a preview center, don't you think? Hmmm.
That was my first thought was USF as well, but where? Maybe the Irish shop?

That was my first thought was USF as well, but where? Maybe the Irish shop?
Huh? What? I just said where lol.

That space is HUUUGEEE. Pretty much the same as it was for the IOA preview center was. And in the same spot. You just have to move the entrance from near Mummy (since they put the lockers there) to left of the Macy's facade.

Reactions: Nico and My95cobras
Also, Frankenstein’s walkthrough is indoors (or id assume it is frankly) as is the potentially rumored Super Smash Bros Shows. So that adds to the list a bit more as well.

Huh? What? I just said where lol.

That space is HUUUGEEE. Pretty much the same as it was for the IOA preview center was. And in the same spot. You just have to move the entrance from near Mummy (since they put the lockers there) to left of the Macy's facade.
:bonk:

I totally glazed over that part of your post and thought you were just talking about the Tribute Store in general. That would definitely be the perfect spot with it having what, 3-4 rooms? They could do some grand stuff in there if they wanted.

:bonk:

I totally glazed over that part of your post and thought you were just talking about the Tribute Store in general. That would definitely be the perfect spot with it having what, 3-4 rooms? They could do some grand stuff in there if they wanted.
Yea, it's set up as 3 rooms at the moment, but could easily be split into smaller sections, which would match the old IOA preview center pretty well. Might even have space for some Epic merch at the exit.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but does Universal really NEED a preview center in today's social media age?

Yea, it's set up as 3 rooms at the moment, but could easily be split into smaller sections, which would match the old IOA preview center pretty well. Might even have space for some Epic merch at the exit.

Would they really want to give up their largest dedicated HHN store?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool, but does Universal really NEED a preview center in today's social media age?
Yes. I WANT A MODEL! I love models. We even had a model for New Fantasyland a few years ago in One Man's Dream. Preview Center's make guests excited to come back. It makes you feel like you got to learn something special before the public, and see it in person...

Now, if only they could have a talking owl to help explain the new park.

There's people who show up to Hollywood Studios and look for Potter. Educating the guests that are already there is a smart business move imo as many are completely clueless at the parks.

Sometimes social media even confuses guests further as i've seen guests looking at the USH App (looking at the map) instead of the UOR one while walking around the parks. They were confused why they couldn't find the tram tour........

Reactions: badlactose
I also want a model lol. The leaked Nintendo Models changed my life lol, I’m a nerd, give me my full land models with all the details. I want more than a tweet about this!! You can do both as well.

Reactions: therock and Doug A.
I want a model vs what’s the best plan for advertising the new park.
Last thing i'll say on this: It's a Brand new park. The marketing should be EVERYWHERE. Just because guests are already coming to the resort doesn't mean they will come back and it also doesn't mean they know a new park is happening. Like I said, something like this wouldn't happen until will get all or most details so likely 2021-22ish, but Educate your guests that you already have trapped! If it were to go into CityWalk, it opens up to more casuals too that may just be there for dinner and a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.