Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Batman

I got thinking about the casting and who I think would’ve really fit the role and I came around to Keanu Reeves. Now I’m only left with that thought of how awesome that could’ve been...

I wouldn't mind Serkis for the Penguin, honestly.
I think he'd be *fine* for Penguin. I just think he's better as more unhinged characters, and Mad Hatter is one of the most broken rogues apart from Joker.

I'm really not sure which direction I want them to go with Penguin TBH. The age range the rumors say they're casting him for make it hard to tell if they're going a clean route like Gothem or gritty route like Batman Returns.

The chaos-monger in me wants Jonah Hill.

Part of me strangely, could see Serkis pull off the dual personally that lies with Harvey Dent/Two Face extremely well TBH, but I'd be more than happy if it was Hatter.

I think he'd be *fine* for Penguin. I just think he's better as more unhinged characters, and Mad Hatter is one of the most broken rogues apart from Joker.

I'm really not sure which direction I want them to go with Penguin TBH. The age range the rumors say they're casting him for make it hard to tell if they're going a clean route like Gothem or gritty route like Batman Returns.

The chaos-monger in me wants Jonah Hill.

Jonah Hill is reportedly playing The Riddler

...Or Penguin!...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ioner-gordon-jeffrey-wright-jonah-hill-cast-2

CHAOS!

This movie's news is so hit and miss for me. One second i love what I'm hearing the next I'm torn. Hoping the final product blows me away, I'm a huge Batman fan and I trust Reeves' with my heart but I wish he could cater to at least some of the DCEU's Batman mythos that had been established. Sounds like it will be a complete reboot which makes me wonder how they'll work this into the current continuity.

This movie's news is so hit and miss for me. One second i love what I'm hearing the next I'm torn. Hoping the final product blows me away, I'm a huge Batman fan and I trust Reeves' with my heart but I wish he could cater to at least some of the DCEU's Batman mythos that had been established. Sounds like it will be a complete reboot which makes me wonder how they'll work this into the current continuity.
Two words: Flashpoint Batman

But that's not exactly how Flashpoint worked, it only made minor mistakes, if any (the biggest being the discovery that Dr Manhattan forged the DCU and HBO's Watchmen is rumored to reference that). If that meant Jefferey Dean Morgan came back sign me up, because Flashpoint has so much potential (and despite backlash would make perfect sense for a solo Flash debut). Batman can be made young into the current continuity, but it wouldn't explain the significant changes the rest of the Batfamily recieves.

I'm willing to bet Flashpoint will be the deus ex machina used, but Im hoping its explanation isn't dumb.

When it comes to Jonah's casting, I really hope he chooses Riddler. Especially with his performance in Moneyball; it could offer a chance to have a very analytical and observing Riddler, on-top of whoever they get for Oswald.

Personally, I could see if it is a reboot; to cherry pick what exactly is and isn't canon going forward (such as Commissioner Gordon [which, a fascinating choice], Batman's past actions with the League, and how Alfred will be handled (whether they continue with Jeremy or go with someone completely new)).

Admittedly, I get the feeling that Birds of Prey and The Suicide Squad might help us boil down just a bit of what to expect.

Cathy Yan has said Batman has been missing for some time in Birds of Prey which is why Gotham has been overtaken. Leto's Joker was also leaked to serve as a plot point in Harley's independence. The lamest thing I can see them use as an excuse is the Lazurus pit. But radical changes make me think this will be some sort of reboot.

I want John Malkovich as Alfred.

Andy Serkis as Hatter.

Jonah Hill as Penguin.

Raimi Malik as Riddler.

(Those two could swap, TBH)

I’m still good with the Vanessa Hudgens as Selina Kyle talk.

Brittany Snow as Ivy!

Val Kilmer as Calendar Man!!

Terry Crews as Clayface!!!

Christoph Waltz as Mr. Freeze!!!!

EDIT - Or Letitia Wright as Ivy!!!!!

Uzo Aduba as Dr. Freeze!!!!

Last edited:
all i want, the only thing i want, is Rihanna as poison ivy, this is all i want from this movie, please hollywood, please :hail:

200w.gif