Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They're undercutting just about everyone in government subsidized pricing, thus causing mills every whereto close.

They were selling it cheaper than scrap prices. Undercut isn't the word. Increased labor cost now that there has been some movement there may have more to do with itm big structural steel isn't imported much. Lots of the steel for big stadiums and sushi ome from Nucor in Bytheville Arkansas. One of the most advanced mills in the world is in Osceloa AR.

That ride does look cool. However, this type of post is likely a better fit for the wish list/speculation thread.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

The Mack Arthur ride system has so much potential. We loved it for what it was geared for but it can be so much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mad Dog
The road where the entrance will be is not pictured here. It will connect between the Kirkman expansion, in orange, to Destination Parkway, over by the green wetlands.

Yes, the park entrance will be on the right of the giant purple blob, sorta, if that's what you mean.

Yes, pretty much what I meant lol but I understand what you’re saying as well.

jScJwE1.jpg

This is basically what the internal roads system will look like initially. There'll be an east-west "Universal Way" that connects to the Kirkman Extension and Destination Parkway. The giant gray blob on the right will be the surface parking lot. And the area to the west of that will be the theme park.

Yep I can see, very clear picture now. Thanks guys!

If I am guessing, perhaps it's the back of house buildings?
It could be. They canceled some of the modular building permits that were going to be built in that area. So these could be to replace them.

The project name is just "E-TTF" and I have no idea what that means. Usually the project name is more descriptive than that on the fasttrack site. Anyone know what TTF means?

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
It could be. They canceled some of the modular building permits that were going to be built in that area. So these could be to replace them.

The project name is just "E-TTF" and I have no idea what that means. Usually the project name is more descriptive than that on the fasttrack site. Anyone know what TTF means?

I would guess it's not something noteworthy - probably infrastructure related.

I'm really intrigued by your insinuation in the other thread that there are lots of permit applications that the county is refusing to publicize. That sounds really suspect to me because building permits seem like they should be considered public records under Florida law.

I'm really intrigued by your insinuation in the other thread that there are lots of permit applications that the county is refusing to publicize. That sounds really suspect to me because building permits seem like they should be considered public records under Florida law.
Harry Potter law.

It's probably very boring stuff that is being kept tight lipped so that it isn't splattered on the front page of the Orlando Sentinel or WESH 2...Also, Disney is probably watching the project like a vulture waiting to devour any exposed information. Or as the kids call it, twerking.

It's probably very boring stuff that is being kept tight lipped so that it isn't splattered on the front page of the Orlando Sentinel or WESH 2...Also, Disney is probably watching the project like a vulture waiting to devour any exposed information. Or as the kids call it, twerking.
Disney will only use (borrow) the info....if it can be used to build a mall experience to sell merch. ;):lol:

I'm sure Disney knows just about everything there is to know about this project, just like Universal knows just about everything there is to know about upcoming Disney projects. They share many of the same contractors and despite confidentiality agreements there is always some leaking. That and many houses in Orlando with blended Disney/Universal families with one spouse working for one and the other working for the other. Nothing is a secret, just trying to figure out what WILL happen versus what might happen is the challenge.

The Orange County fast track site appears to show a community meeting planned for Monday, 10/28, about Universal's proposed land use plan amendment, although I haven't found any public notices yet.

A new construction bond was filed today for a whopping $82 million. The bond specifically says it's for Projects 960, 961, and 962.

8BcWZxT.png

If anyone remembers this post from the old Universal Orlando expansion thread, I briefly discussed how the project numbers worked for the Beijing project. There's a number for the overall resort project as a whole (887) and then separate numbers for each individual land/zone/section (712 I believe was Jurassic World).

Well on top of all that, each individual facility within each land also gets its own sequential project/building number. So within JW for example, you'd also have project numbers in the 200-206 range for each building.

My guess is that these new numbers in the 960 range might represent the individual facilities within one of the lands. So far, for Epic Universe we have the following numbers:

Project 304 - Epic Universe
Project 903 - ?
Project 905 - Fantastic Beasts/WWoHP
Project 931 - Back of House Infrastructure
Project 960 - ?
Project 961 - ?
Project 962 - ?

They could also just as easily be for more infrastructure build-out as well, considering it's still so early on in the project - but either way it's fun to start seeing these pieces come together!

I'm assuming TTF stands for "Temporary Trailer Facility/Facilities" - it was filed with all the other P931 permits for the BoH buildings so I'd imagine they'll build a trailer complex to support the construction of those buildings.

Last edited:
A new construction bond was filed today for a whopping $82 million. The bond specifically says it's for Projects 960, 961, and 962.

8BcWZxT.png

If anyone remembers this post from the old Universal Orlando expansion thread, I briefly discussed how the project numbers worked for the Beijing project. There's a number for the overall resort project as a whole (887) and then separate numbers for each individual land/zone/section (712 I believe was Jurassic World).

Well on top of all that, each individual facility within each land also gets its own sequential project/building number. So within JW for example, you'd also have project numbers in the 200-206 range for each building.

My guess is that these new numbers in the 960 range might represent the individual facilities within one of the lands. So far, for Epic Universe we have the following numbers:

Project 903 - ?
Project 960 - ?
Project 961 - ?
Project 962 - ?

They could also just as easily be for more infrastructure build-out as well, considering it's still so early on in the project - but either way it's fun to start seeing these pieces come together!

I'm assuming TTF stands for "Temporary Trailer Facility/Facilities" - it was filed with all the other P931 permits for the BoH buildings so I'd imagine they'll build a trailer complex to support the construction of those buildings.
903 is How to Train Your Dragon.

8BcWZxT.png

Project 903 - ?
Project 960 - ?
Project 961 - ?
Project 962 - ?

How about Monsters and SNW? What are their numbers? If i we're to guess, I'd say 902 and 904.

Reactions: Alicia