Peacock (Streaming Service) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Peacock (Streaming Service)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hulu and Netflix's data disagree with you which is why I dsagree with your statement about general audiences. Additionally, you are forgetting the one leg up Comcast has which will be Spanish Language content as the only major distributor with a spanish language production company (Telemundo) which already beats NBC, ABC, Fox, and CBS in total viewers depending on the shows.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.hulu.com/press/hulu-update/hulus-2018-end-of-yearbook

Law and Order:SVU (NBCUniversal) Today Show (NBCUniversal) and Brookyln 99 (NBCUniversal) were some of the most watched shows. In fact SVU has been on the most watched shows for Hulu for the past 3 years.

And if you are arguing movies, using Hulu data....the most popular were I Tonya, Transformers, and Baywatch....

And the most popular show on the service period is South Park not owned by Warner nor Disney.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Going to Netflix, unfortunately for movies not owned by them, they don't release data however, other companies got tv data
Netflix’s most popular shows — which are also the shows Netflix could lose - Vox
The most-binged shows and watched movies on Netflix in 2018 | Metro US

Looking at the television list look at the top three: The Office (NBC) Friends (WB) and Parks and Rec both (NBCUniversal).
Look at Netflix's most watched original fims: They are YA romances.

You do know the most popular kid show is Boss Baby right? That's from Netflix's executives.

Netflix renews ‘Mighty Little Bheem,’ reveals growth strategy - Los Angeles Times

And kids in multiple age groups really like the Dreamwork shows
Kidscreen » Archive » Infographic: What are kids’ favorite shows on Netflix?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dreamworks Animation has never quite reached the cultural influence as Disney Animation and Warner Bros. Animation throughout history. Yes, some of the DWA movies/TV shows are popular, but those aren't quite as influential in comparison to the groups I mentioned, nor as well known to the general public. Also, NBC's only leg up so far is the Good Place and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. The rest of the NBC shows are not as appealing and mainly music/dance/singing shows. USA Network is always on the weak spot as well, and its well-known show is Mr. Robot, which is going away after it aired its fourth and final season. The network constantly has reruns of Law and Order and its spinoff, which doesn't interest the general audience as much if you're not into police procedural/crime drama type of stuff and prefer something actiony/thriller like Breaking Bad or American Horror Story. Pointing out that some shows are popular for a specific company doesn't mean that the service will sell well since it needs to include a bunch of appealing content to draw people in, like what Disney and WB are doing.

While I can agree Fox had some of the best adult/family animation. The only one going on Disney+ is the Simpsons, despite Bob's Burger being vastly superior in every way. Additionally DC Universe streaming site which was already focused on DC characters underperformed.

Well, no surprise, the Simpsons is one of the most highest-profile TV show of all time and is a highly influential TV show that later paved the way to other adult-animated shows decades later. Bob's Burgers despite being juts as good offers society nothing new to the table and isn't as influential in comparison to the Simpsons. Off course, Disney is going to choose the Simpsons as one of the launching pads for its service. It's no brainer.

While Warner Bros does has some great children gems, most of the beloved shows that defined a generation have ended (Adventure Time, Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Steven Universe, etc) and I'm sorry but they already overdue it with Teen Titans Go which was the most watched family cartoon on Hulu.

While it's true today's cartoons are not as great as they used to be, Disney and WB still have a rich history of animation that leaves a lot to be desired by people who crave for nostalgia. Universal's not so much. WB still has Adult-Swim that airs shows like Robot Chicken, Rick and Morty, Squidbillies, and the like. Disney is now in possession of every Fox adult-animated show ranging from Simpsons to Futurama to Family Guy to Bob's Burger. Odd though, Universal doesn't have a single successful adult-animated series despite being a well-known studio with well-known movies and having the best theme parks in the world. People still have the appetite for adult-animated shows and Universal might want to tap into the market after Netflix heavily invests into it as well.

Reactions: quinnmac000
Ok, so how is Apple TV Plus being second rank here? They have near zero content or any proven content and yet it's above HBO Max. That's insane to me. Tho it is cheaper, still crazy to pay for something with little known content. Maybe because it's just the readers of Cord Cutting News?

Peacock is probably the one that cares about this stuff the least because most of its early users will probably get it free.

Only if you have cable subscription and have no problem going through ads. I guess they did it that way knowing they didn't have much valuable or appealing content just yet. I know some people who would rather pay to watch movies/TV shows without ad-like commercials.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Only if you have cable subscription and have no problem going through ads. I guess they did it that way knowing they didn't have much valuable or appealing content just yet. I know some people who would rather pay to watch movies/TV shows without ad-like commercials.

Not just cable anymore...they are giving it to broadband internet subscribers for free too...which for Comcast now covers 50 million people plus the other cable subscribers they are giving it for free.

Not just cable anymore...they are giving it to broadband internet subscribers for free too...which for Comcast now covers 50 million people plus the other cable subscribers they are giving it for free.
For free with ads. You could give me Netflix or Hulu for free with ads and i'd be uninterested. I want uninterrupted viewing when i'm watching something.

For free with ads. You could give me Netflix or Hulu for free with ads and i'd be uninterested. I want uninterrupted viewing when i'm watching something.

I think as much as people hate ads its the placement of ads thats the issue which NBC execs already addressed multiple times. I think there will only be ads before the show starts and after it ends before a new episode begins. But hey its your money and your time. For me, free with ads means more money to spend on something else.

Reactions: Nick
I think as much as people hate ads its the placement of ads thats the issue which NBC execs already addressed multiple times. I think there will only be ads before the show starts and after it ends before a new episode begins. But hey its your money and your time. For me, free with ads means more money to spend on something else.
I guess if it's something like before and after then it's not bad. It's when the ads are in the middle of a show that it bothers me. Although either way it really doesn't matter to me since Spectrum has Central Florida on lock. I can't get Comcast even if I wanted it (although I already cut the cord so that's really irrelevant).

As long the ads are at the beginning of the movie and at the end, then I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm also perfectly fine for ads on TV show, as long it's similiar to a commercial.

I really hope Peacock would use the opportunity to make documentaries/video clips about Universal theme parks and how they got started and stuff. I don't think the attractions at Universal are as well publicized as Disney's, so NBCU should use the Peacock service to get people into their theme parks.

This i'm starting to agree with you about. After HBO Max got Ghilbi rights from Gkids which Universal is partners with, I'm so confused on their strategy.

Well come to think of it, Viacom has stated they won't get into the streaming fray, but they will merge with CBS, which owns CBS All Access. Will CBS All Access bid for the rights too, which will become part of ViacomCBS soon? Maybe NBCU too, which doesn't have as much valuable content as of now?

Reactions: RevFreako
Well come to think of it, Viacom has stated they won't get into the streaming fray, but they will merge with CBS, which owns CBS All Access. Will CBS All Access bid for the rights too, which will become part of ViacomCBS soon? Maybe NBCU too, which doesn't have as much valuable content as of now?

I think NBCUniversal has quite a bit valuable content especially in television comedy as well as film dramas. The issue here comes down to previous discussions by certain executives to cancel shows on networks like USA and Syfy early which has no come to bit them in the butt. By cancelling shows back in the 2000s like Battlestar Galatica, Eureka, and more, Comcast essentially killed off those audiences from wanting to rewatch or binge watch a series especially one that never concluded and ended on a cliff hanger.

However, if the Dick Wolf deal goes through for those over 81 seasons of Law and Order with all the spin offs, it will really add to the site not because people love those shows but because there are so many episodes people can keep it on in the background and still not worry about it being over.

However Comcast doesn't seem too worried.

NBCUniversal Chief Steve Burke: Peacock Can Reach “Cruising Altitude” More Quickly Than Subscription Streaming Rivals – Deadline

Reactions: RevFreako
I think NBCUniversal has quite a bit valuable content especially in television comedy as well as film dramas. The issue here comes down to previous discussions by certain executives to cancel shows on networks like USA and Syfy early which has no come to bit them in the butt. By cancelling shows back in the 2000s like Battlestar Galatica, Eureka, and more, Comcast essentially killed off those audiences from wanting to rewatch or binge watch a series especially one that never concluded and ended on a cliff hanger.

However, if the Dick Wolf deal goes through for those over 81 seasons of Law and Order with all the spin offs, it will really add to the site not because people love those shows but because there are so many episodes people can keep it on in the background and still not worry about it being over.

However Comcast doesn't seem too worried.

NBCUniversal Chief Steve Burke: Peacock Can Reach “Cruising Altitude” More Quickly Than Subscription Streaming Rivals – Deadline

Yeah, that's the problem right there. USA Network was certainly the best in the 2000s, but that time has come and gone. USA isn't like FX, which keeps putting out good shows like American Horror Story, It's Always Sunny in Philadephia, and recently-developed Cake. Apart from Mr. Robot, they haven't gotten any good shows for this decade, probably not until into the 2020s either. Why hasn't USA gotten into adult-animation to take advantage, like Bob's Burger and the like? Also, NBC should have been more like FOX, where there's a variety of horror, drama, and comedy, and the like.

Interesting idea, but its assuming that people will indeed use the service. I just haven't heard many people talking about "Peacock" so I wonder if this just was never meant to be. Part of me is surprised they just didn't strike some major deal with Netflix to exclusively stream their content there. Eventually they'll be too many streaming services.

A free service means more people will use it because its free. Netflix will do price rises, Disney will do a massive price increase in 3 years get ready for it, and HBO Max is at 15 dollars a month. That all adds up so if people can watch something free and super cheap people will do it. The one year of Hulu for 99 cents a month deal last year kinda proved that.