E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not just this...but we have that abandoned theater sitting in Toon Lagoon, another one in Lost continent, and basically a third in the trash heap known as Fear Factor Live. How about we fix these glaring issues and use up their spaces before we start trying to destroy ET...

All are worthy of replacement but IOA probably doesn’t need anything new. USF does and as great as Ministry of Magic could be replacing FFL, I fear it could be overkill with Potter with FB coming to the new park.

That’s not to say I want ET replaces because I don’t. Shrek for SLOP sounds good, especially if they go with the original plans. It will tick a lot of boxes and put a lot of smiles on peoples faces.

All are worthy of replacement but IOA probably doesn’t need anything new. USF does and as great as Ministry of Magic could be replacing FFL, I fear it could be overkill with Potter with FB coming to the new park.

That’s not to say I want ET replaces because I don’t. Shrek for SLOP sounds good, especially if they go with the original plans. It will tick a lot of boxes and put a lot of smiles on peoples faces.
I'd wager the original two SLOP plans are dead gone. A shame though. That was a really promising attraction that did things that a busbar ride system can't. Example: Animal AA driven RV's interacting, and weaving in and out of traffic, with the guest RV's.

I'd wager the original two SLOP plans are dead gone. A shame though. That was a really promising attraction that did things that a busbar ride system can't. Example: Animal AA driven RV's interacting, and weaving in and out of traffic, with the guest RV's.
Omg wut Lol this sounds incredible!!

I mean, those plans were Pets related. We should have expected them to disappear ;)

Reactions: truejonas
Supposedly the ride system is no longer supported by the manufacturer. So that would basically mean that a major refurb to another IP wouldn't be pursued. If ET goes, so goes the entire building inside, so you're talking about an expensive new attraction taking a few years to build, not just refurb costs. Doubt that would happen, especially with ET being one of the few non screen attractions in USF.

Fair question, couldn't they gut the building completely similar to Fallon; and then just do something with a new ride system on-top? Or is it a Kong situation to where they physically have pieces of track on the frigging ceiling?

why

It really did look like something special. It does show the potential that Universal has and what can be done with multi level design. With Nintendo doing similar things, this is going to be the next evolutionary step in theme park design.

First of all, the plans were for a much larger building that was to go into the same plot Mario (Nintendo) will now occupy. Hollywood was always to be the first SLOP. The plans were for Hollywood. This building is considerably smaller,way too small for the original two SLOP concepts, which were almost identical, but had some modifications. Secondly, and this is just my best guess, is the trackless ride plans were very ambitious....and perhaps more budget wise then they wanted to spend. Once they decided to put Nintendo in that space, everything had to change.

Damn. The plans sound great, maybe they'll use those for another IP someday.
Yeah. Some of the stuff looked like it would be a blast....and fun as all hell. Four minutes of helter skelter fast paced all out fun through nine practical sets....imteracting with AA driven RV's in a couple of the scenes....and AA's everywhere.