Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

I finally got to ride this for the first time during HHN. Everything I've heard about it has been awful, so I went in fully expecting to just hate the ever loving snit out of it. First off: The positives. The warehouse queue is very cool, lengthy and realistic. I loved the Party Bus theme for our vehicles (So funny! A party bus with no drinks). The alley scene with the cars is pretty nice, the beginning tunnel scene is effective and cool (Couldn't tell if we were really moving or if it was just an effect ala Earthquake/Disaster) and I like how the 360 scene has a screen in front of our bus (it really helps to cement the illusion that we are traveling from Point A to Point B). All that said, the 360 scene is way too short (it felt like 1:00-1:30), the graphics are bad, there is no climax/resolution, and we start at what appears to be night during the first few scenes before transitioning quickly to daytime during the 360 scene (plus apparently, the 360 scene takes place in LA while the queue is in San Francisco). So yeah, it's not a good ride but I wouldn't exactly say it's terrible. There are definitely aspects of it I appreciated so I wouldn't say it's a complete wash. I'd say I feel lukewarm to it overall. It's just ok (fun to laugh at, definitely). I would likely ride it again.

2 STARS

plus apparently, the 360 scene takes place in LA while the queue is in San Francisco

It's like this weird hybrid of LA and SF where they have the SF skyline with Salesforce Tower and the Transamerica Pyramid but then everything else looks like LA :shrug: it's the bare minimum of effort they had to put in to say it's in SF

Is single rider open on this? Walking through the queue is neat but I hate having to wait in those pre-show rooms. It's neat seeing it once but after that it's just taking up too much time. It's kinda neat having it, but for this ride, I'd rather just get on and off as fast as possible if I ever choose to ride it.

Is single rider open on this? Walking through the queue is neat but I hate having to wait in those pre-show rooms. It's neat seeing it once but after that it's just taking up too much time. It's kinda neat having it, but for this ride, I'd rather just get on and off as fast as possible if I ever choose to ride it.
It depends on the day. Sometimes yes sometimes no.

This is a really easy fix. Why can't Universal just simply redo the movie and implement it as a refresh? They could market the crap out of it and they could actually try this time. Clearer graphics, better plot, keep the existing ride mechanics. There is just a noticeable lack of effort on the screen side which is noticeable by literally everyone who rides this. GP who haven't had a chance to experience the current version wouldn't know that the ride used to be bad or critics would report on how amazing the overhaul would be.

This is a really easy fix. Why can't Universal just simply redo the movie and implement it as a refresh? They could market the crap out of it and they could actually try this time. Clearer graphics, better plot, keep the existing ride mechanics. There is just a noticeable lack of effort on the screen side which is noticeable by literally everyone who rides this. GP who haven't had a chance to experience the current version wouldn't know that the ride used to be bad or critics would report on how amazing the overhaul would be.
It's DOA, honestly I don't expect anything significant to happen until after EU opens...Minor tweaks will be done here and there, but nothing major....It's better we just ignore it

Which sucks because it's a prime piece of land

It's DOA, honestly I don't expect anything significant to happen until after EU opens...Minor tweaks will be done here and there, but nothing major....It's better we just ignore it

Which sucks because it's a prime piece of land
Yes. Not only a prime piece of land, it's a 'BIG' prime piece of land. What a waste of a few acres.

The largest issue is that NOBODY who gets in line for this ride expects to end up on a party bus. The general premise of the ride is broken and its flabbergasting how that ever got approved.

It would be as if Universal opened the Mario Kart ride and the ride system was you as a goomba walking around the track.

It’s brand damaging. All at a time when Disney are opening rides like flight of passage, and apparently RotR and Mickeys are going to be incredibly innovative too. It makes Universal look tired. I can’t beleive I’ve said that given the direction things looked like they were heading 5 year back.

It’s brand damaging. All at a time when Disney are opening rides like flight of passage, and apparently RotR and Mickeys are going to be incredibly innovative too. It makes Universal look tired. I can’t beleive I’ve said that given the direction things looked like they were heading 5 year back.
ironic.jpg

What they should really do is just retheme it to Earthquake and act like it never happened.

I heard they know of the problem and are working on it.

FoP is incredibly innovative? I mean it’s a fine ride...

You’re talking like they didn’t just open Hagrid.