Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Daytime cast members cannot visit the park on requested days off so I'd assume the same applies for HHN.
From a few friends who did it in past years, they were able to go on days they requested off, but they were pool so maybe that changes things. I imagine the ability of daytime workers to get into the park for free vs horror nights workers that don't probably makes a difference too.

What’s everybody’s thoughts on the food? I ate at the Starcourt Mall tent both nights last weekend and wanna try the GB themed stuff. Anyone have favs? I liked the Demogorgon totchos and the Demodog but curious about other stuff.

Oh, also, since no one seems to have reported it on here but it's apparent from those on the ground at the event: Opening Scaremony is no more. If you want it back, I'd recommend lobbying @horrornights / @UniStudios and leaving complaints at guest relations.
I dont care

It literally doesn't make sense with the parks opening earlier now.

I feel the entire thing needs to really be executed differently next year. All Mazes open when ever the event is open, Bill and Ted Back and SLOP and Despicable me open at the very least to help crowds

lol Bill and Ted is never coming back. Despicable Me being open would be a waste since literally no one at the event would bother going... SLoP on the other hand...

lol Bill and Ted is never coming back. Despicable Me being open would be a waste since literally no one at the event would bother going... SLoP on the other hand...
Simpson has a 40 Plus min line.....people for some reason go on rides...I dont know why but people do.

At least try opening other rides and see if any work...as for Bill and Ted the new films out and bet those shows are more packed than the crap we have now

At least try opening other rides and see if any work...as for Bill and Ted the new films out and bet those shows are more packed than the crap we have now

You don't understand, Uni doesnt have the licensing for Bill and Ted anymore. Also, Hollywood's cliente is the reason they don't have it anymore because people got offended. Uni will not want to risk that again.

You don't understand, Uni doesnt have the licensing for Bill and Ted anymore. Also, Hollywood's cliente is the reason they don't have it anymore because people got offended. Uni will not want to risk that again.
I knew the second part (though honeslty who cares not like anyone would boycott HHN for a show, its too big) didn't know they didn't have the rights.

But not like I don't they could do a similar show with different characters, just anything over what they have now.

What’s everybody’s thoughts on the food? I ate at the Starcourt Mall tent both nights last weekend and wanna try the GB themed stuff. Anyone have favs? I liked the Demogorgon totchos and the Demodog but curious about other stuff.
This year I've only tried the totchos and the egg sandwich, though last year I had the loaded mac and cheese and I assume it's the same this year. I think the totchos are probably the best in terms of what you get for the price, since its definitely enough food for 2 people, and it tastes pretty good, the egg sandwich was fine and I'd say I recommend it, though for what you get I think its really overpriced. I'm not sure if the mac and cheese is the same this year, but last year I thought taste wise it was pretty good, but it was barely a serving of mac and cheese, seemed more like a side than a main dish, especially for how much it costs. Really I wish they'd bring back the pulled pork grilled cheese they had back in 2016, since I think it was probably my favorite HHN food item I've had alongside the totchos.

I had the chicken tenders from Starcourt. They were okay.

SLoP may be open next year. Despicable Me was open in 2014's event.

Simpson has a 40 Plus min line.....people for some reason go on rides...I dont know why but people do.

Uhh, it's because the Springfield area is massively popular as The Simpsons has influence pop culture, whereas Bill and Ted does not. It's just a fact.

Don't think I saw this posted anywhere. October 30th, a Wednesday, has been added. 1AM close.

Don't think I saw this posted anywhere. October 30th, a Wednesday, has been added. 1AM close.
Was hoping my Thur/Sunday pass would work for this added day but I doubt it.

Ok looks like it is good to go
  • Valid Visit Nights:
    • Sep: 26, 29
    • Oct: 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 24, 27, 30
    • Nov: 3

Last edited:
So how have thursdays been this year? I'm going with a group but it has to be cut short (615-ish to 1230). Would that be enough to hit pretty much everything? Maybe leaving out Pandora?

So how have thursdays been this year? I'm going with a group but it has to be cut short (615-ish to 1230). Would that be enough to hit pretty much everything? Maybe leaving out Pandora?
if you arent starting till 6:15 you'll probably have to cut ST since it gets pretty long pretty fast. Thursdays have been decent, but there haven't really been any truly slow days this year.

if you arent starting till 6:15 you'll probably have to cut ST since it gets pretty long pretty fast. Thursdays have been decent, but there haven't really been any truly slow days this year.
This. HHN is just too popular these days. We probably won’t see “slow” nights until November, and even then, who knows? Would not be even a little bit surprised to see 60+ wait times for the more popular houses on those nights.

I'm actually surprised how consistently busy this year is... hopefully that means good things for next year

Bringing that up, it's especially busy for tonight; as lines to get through security are all the way to Antojitos (!!!)

From Jonathan,

Don't hold your breath

Personally, I'm...having some shed of hope, even if it'll probably be demolished once someone makes a leak.

__

A personal thought: I really hope the success of 80's Throwback Nights prove to Universal just the potential that the event could give, especially with the added amount of entertainment and fun opportunites for guests (even as an outsider for the next 2 weeks).

Last edited:
It means more cash in the higher ups pockets, and the same budget we’ve had for years.

Exactly.. which is why I still don't think Murdy deserves ALL the blame for how HHN turns out.. even if he left and was replaced by Jon Cooke or one of the HHN Orlando guys, they and their ideas would still be at the mercy of USH executives and their penny-pinching ways..