Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 299 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One of my biggest regrets was thinking that I had the original recordings when I killed that podcast feed....

giphy.gif

I loved those episodes. I almost crashed on the turnpike heading down from a weekend trip from laughing so hard when the trackers thought we went through a watch on transformers. Priceless.

Back on topic. So with the food items changing names and the no droid policy out. How long before they relax on the lightsaber rules. I say after the holidays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brian G.
I once read how royalties for theme park music are constructed and it is quite a lot of money. I guess Disney thought they could just save a few bucks leaving the music out.

Regarding the names, I don't believe it's a language thing due to foreigners. I mean I never learned most of the food items that are sold in a theme park. I had a food-shock (food related culture shock) when for the first time I ordered a menu at Panera Bread. In 0.2 seconds I got the whole list of sorts of bread, vegetables and sauces I could get. I hoped if I repeated "menu number 2" it would be over but no sir we had to go trough every single item. Now I love it but I don't think the changes are due to non-English speaking guests. In the end it doesn't mater because they aren't in the movies or anything.

Outside of the initial "LOL oh man this place can't catch a break/Disney totally misunderstood what people want" of the menu name changes it does make sense. It's easier to translate and point out menu names for EVERYONE when the name is what it is. I imagine ordering was slower for English speaking guests and way more confusing for foreign tourists.

My biggest impression from the land was a poor CM standing at the entrance to that restaurant handing out the menus and trying to make small talk as we were trying to read the menu. It was drizzling that day and we had an umbrella with us and she started asking us why we had it since the planet had three suns. I just felt sorry for her that she was trying so hard, like most of the rest of the land. Trying but missing the big picture...

Couldn’t they have both like this?

Themed name (what the food actually is)

About the music it’s actually pretty funny. John Williams did make a score for the land but it’s nowhere to be found in the land lol.

I just felt stupid having to use those names, and felt pity for the CMs forced to use them. When I ordered I just used the translation "I'll have the chicken thing"
Omg this is me 100%:lol::lol::lol: and not just here. I HATE obnoxious names for food, even saying baconator at Wendy's irks me I use the number everytime lol. Idk why.....i guess it just makes me feel like a fat pos.

Couldn’t they have both like this?

Themed name (what the food actually is)

About the music it’s actually pretty funny. John Williams did make a score for the land but it’s nowhere to be found in the land lol.
It’s playing in the tunnels when you walk in any entrance at Disneyland. I thought it would be at DHS too.

Reactions: k_peek_2000
There’s actually quite a bit of music in the land. I think the problem is more that there’s not a lot of immediately recognizable music that isn’t locked behind a paywall of some sort. As it stands, the only three places where you can hear something from the movies without forking over some extra cash are by flying the Falcon, seeing the First Order show by the Tie Fighter, or going to the bathroom right as the Cantina song comes on.

Rise should help with this, as it should at the very least feature the primary themes for Kylo Ren and the Resistance (and I’d imagine Rey or Leia’s theme at some point in the preshow).

Reactions: Mad Dog
There’s actually quite a bit of music in the land. I think the problem is more that there’s not a lot of immediately recognizable music that isn’t locked behind a paywall of some sort. As it stands, the only three places where you can hear something from the movies without forking over some extra cash are by flying the Falcon, seeing the First Order show by the Tie Fighter, or going to the bathroom right as the Cantina song comes on.

Soooooo there’s not a lot a music then? Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SeventyOne
Music in Galaxy’s Edge (before Rise opens):
  • Tunnel into land
  • Bathrooms
  • One dining room at Docking Bay 7
  • Oga’s Cantina
  • Savi’s Workshop (For money)
  • Smuggler’s Run (Ride only)
  • And during Kylo street show
Is that it? Anything I missed? I’ve spent the last three hours in the land and that’s all I caught.

Reactions: therock
  • Tunnel into land
  • Bathrooms
  • Oga’s Cantina
Is that it? Anything I missed? I’ve spent the last three hours in the land and that’s all I caught.
DB7’s patio shares the dining room’s music loop. Being out there at night, when the weather is nice, is absolutely enchanting.

Reactions: therock and Alicia
Soooooo there’s no a lot a music then? Lol
It’s not as much as the typical theme park land where there’s always a music track being pumped through the speakers, but it’s more than Pandora has.

• Tunnel into land
  • Bathrooms
  • Oga’s Cantina
I wanna say I heard music outside Savi’s the last time I was there, but it honestly could have just been the Docking Bay patio track carrying on the wind. There’s also a couple radios scattered around the land, but I don’t know if they’re always playing music or if it’s sometimes random chatter.

It’s not as much as the typical theme park land where there’s always a music track being pumped through the speakers, but it’s more than Pandora has.

I wanna say I heard music outside Savi’s the last time I was there, but it honestly could have just been the Docking Bay patio track carrying on the wind. There’s also a couple radios scattered around the land, but I don’t know if they’re always playing music or if it’s sometimes random chatter.
I didn’t hear music in front of Savi. And I’ve only heard chatter on random radios so far.

To me Pandora feels like it has more music, because I can go from the Pongu courtyard to the gift shop to the restaurant and hear three different tracks, without any gaps. And that’s the section of the land I actually spend time in.

I was in the marketplace area of GE tonight without many guests around and I like the soundscape a lot more now that I can hear it. Lots of fun, interesting things going. A lot more interesting than the random ships landing/taking off from the other end of the land.

I know it’ll never happen, but it would feel a lot more Star Wars to me if near the First Order shop with the Tie Fighter it was always playing Imperial March and other dark side songs on loop, and near the Resistance Base it was playing Rebel themes. Everything between those two points, you keep the realistic sound. You keep the market and the Docking bays as is, like a bustling village—but the parts where the story has invaded their little town, you bring in the music.

Outside of the initial "LOL oh man this place can't catch a break/Disney totally misunderstood what people want" of the menu name changes it does make sense. It's easier to translate and point out menu names for EVERYONE when the name is what it is. I imagine ordering was slower for English speaking guests and way more confusing for foreign tourists.
I also believe this is an act of speeding up the process in regards to ordering. Having to over explain things to the GP is something that Disney & Universal like to avoid when they can

I’m sure the cast members got super tired of explaining the food menu to everyday tourists. I could also see it causing a few people to get “nervous” and not order at all. People don’t like to be embarrassed, or to ask questions.

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog