Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Also, I don't know what my game plan should be. If i'm not doing Stay and Scream should I go to ghostbusters first or go to the back, do the houses there, and do ghostbusters last? Ive been to HHN before but its been on a Sunday so it wasn't as busy. Just want to know other peoples opinions:)

Always hard to say, but being the first non-Halloween Monday ever, I doubt it's on many people's radar, no one planned on traveling here for it. With TMs blocked, kids in school the next day, should be fairly reasonable. Certainly the best night between now and November.

Plus not many people planned for it with trips. Also the zones might be (more) empty as they pull to fill houses.

Also, I don't know what my game plan should be. If i'm not doing Stay and Scream should I go to ghostbusters first or go to the back, do the houses there, and do ghostbusters last? Ive been to HHN before but its been on a Sunday so it wasn't as busy. Just want to know other peoples opinions:)
I don’t have the numbers, but in my experience, it goes like this: Stranger Things and Ghostbusters, maybe Us, will get hella big crowds right at opening. Stay and Scream + everybody wants to go to those big-name houses, right? Hitting the back of the park (especially the originals; if you want to get houses done first, try Nightingales then Depths, because I know even Monsters can be like half an hour right at opening) will get you those shorter waits.

Essentially, the difference is that big-brand houses will have moderate/long waits all night, while the originals basically just go up. Start with them if you want to knock them out early. Nightingales is kind of hard to do during the afternoon because it’s already a low-light house and the outside atmosphere makes your eyes unadjusted to the dark, but I’d say that if you just want to complete all the houses, do it first. Its line in particular can get reeeeeally bad.

Alternatively, I don’t know how much time it would actually save, but going to houses during the Marathon of Mayhem shows kind of suggests lower crowds. You have a window of like five minutes before (9:55 for example) to fifteen after, ten to be safe (10:10) of people being held up in Central Park. DON’T do Corpses immediately after an AoV show, yadda yadda, etc.

Just thought I'd chime in to say that I agree with most of the opinions about Zombieland. It's a bad scare zone. It feels cheap and unfinished to me. I hate the color palette (or lack thereof) of the drop tower.

Also I thought the Stranger Things house felt very cheap for some reason.

If you are waiting at the gates go to the right and do killer klowns as long as it says 10 mins or less. Then go towards ET and do monsters and then wait for graveyard games to open at 6.30. Move on back to MiB and hit up those 3 in whatever order you see fit. You should be able to be through 6 houses by 7.30-8ish. Then enjoy the zones and shows and just pick off the last 4 as the night goes on. The lines oscillate so you can usually find them at under an hour at some point, especially yeti. Stranger things is the only wildcard and you will just have to wait for it if it is something you really want to do.

Do you think it will be busy this Saturday(tomorrow)? Im sort of worried because I don't have an EP. Im planning to get to the gates around 4:15 but i'm still scared its going to be packed. Also, tomorrow is the most expensive night so I don't know if thats a good or bad thing.:afraid:

It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow due to the Tropical Storm in the Gulf of Mexico. You might catch a break on the crowds with that, but it will definitely make for a miserable experience waiting in an uncovered Stay and Scream.

Always hard to say, but being the first non-Halloween Monday ever, I doubt it's on many people's radar, no one planned on traveling here for it. With TMs blocked, kids in school the next day, should be fairly reasonable. Certainly the best night between now and November.

I don’t think it’ll make much of a difference crowd wise - but TMs are no longer blocked out that day

I don’t think it’ll make much of a difference crowd wise - but TMs are no longer blocked out that day

I guess management felt the same way about crowds then. I'd expect an uptick in TMs just because they've shut out for a week and a half by that point. But still probably the least busy night between now and November, barring rain.

How busy do you guys think it will be on Monday? Debating going solo.
not too busy, later in the night by midnight it might be a ghost town, people could start to leave by 11, the early day might have lines but later on will be easy

ghostbusters us yeti and strangers things will have lower lines after midnight, if you cant do everything, you can skip Us or house of 1000 corpses unless you are a super fan, maybe depths of fear, everything else is a must.

Just thought I'd chime in to say that I agree with most of the opinions about Zombieland. It's a bad scare zone. It feels cheap and unfinished to me. I hate the color palette (or lack thereof) of the drop tower.
Also I thought the Stranger Things house felt very cheap for some reason.
to be honest, the zone is embarrassing,