Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

But...the bottom line...is that just about everyone who rides the attraction....absolutely LOVES' the ride. That's the main thing.

if/when they get to ride it.

no question it’s a fantastic attraction. Just has a lot of problems. Hopefully will be resolved soon

Orlando Informer has a meetup for Dec 13 and Dec 14 where they bought out both parks. I wonder how Hagrid's will operate on those days? Their website is advertising that it will be open on both nights. Maybe a good chance to ride with no lines if its open, but also worried if they are closing it so early would it not be open at all for these events?

What time does the park usually close as we go into the winter months? We have a vacation planned for the first week in December and I wondered if we'll be able to get a night ride in?

What time does the park usually close as we go into the winter months? We have a vacation planned for the first week in December and I wondered if we'll be able to get a night ride in?
Most nights at 7;00 PM. It gets dark around 5:30 Pm. We went last year during that first week in December and were able to get night rides in plus the Hogwart's and Cinemagic show. Cinemagic doesn't start until park close time, so a 7:00 PM close is really a 7:30 PM close. Make sure you ride the Seuss trolley in the dark. It's way way better with everything lit up. Also Kong and JPRA are great in the dark.

How much does it cost to buy out both parks?
Both? Close to, if not over, six figures. To buy out one whole park (with all attractions up) is around $50,000 I think.

That’s all speculation, I’ll add. It depends on how many attractions they’re running.

EDIT- and I’ve been informed that I was wildly incorrect. It’s seven figures each, plus food/beverage.

Last edited:
50k sounds extremely cheap for one park given ticket prices these days. If it is so cheap universal should be doing their own up charge nights.

50k sounds extremely cheap for one park given ticket prices these days. If it is so cheap universal should be doing their own up charge nights.
*gestures wildly at HHN and RTU*

Buy-outs will charge extra for food and beverage set-ups, additional shows/set-up. It’s like a wedding venue where the building is a flat rate and everything else costs an arm and a leg.

If I'm not mistaken though, their buyout usually doesn't close the parks early. Basically they get extended hours, though the OI members can arrive earlier than the closing time.