E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
.....now that I think about it, that sounds like Mario Kart.
Mario Kart will be much much more high tech I believe......Back when it looked like the original SLOP was still in play, I posted the specifics of the ride and some scene descriptions on a couple of threads, I believe the first Hollywood SLOP thread and maybe the Shrek thread. That was about two years ago. But I'm too lazy to go back on those threads and look for those posts. I'm operating from my memory at this point in time. Theoretical capacity was supposed to be 1900 to 2,000 an hour with a apx. 4 minute ride. They were booking with those RV's .

Reactions: tankart150
Haven't ridden it yet, but I doubt anything can be worse than Simpsons. Most disappointing, garbage ride I've ever been on by a wide margin.

tenor.gif

Mario Kart will be much much more high tech I believe......Back when it looked like the original SLOP was still in play, I posted the specifics of the ride and some scene descriptions on a couple of threads, I believe the first Hollywood SLOP thread and maybe the Shrek thread. That was about two years ago. But I'm too lazy to go back on those threads and look for those posts. I'm operating from my memory at this point in time. Theoretical capacity was supposed to be 1900 to 2,000 an hour with a apx. 4 minute ride. They were booking with those RV's .

If I'm not mistaken, it was on the Future of Shrek 4-D thread, as it was shortly after Alicia accidentally leaking the layout images on a video.

I really don't know. :shrug:

Personally speaking; I honestly would wonder if it could be possible. Especially as like Twister, remove whats inside and you do have a shell of a large building.

It's a smilar mentality I'm...having with another attraction: MIB, as both ET and the Men are both pretty large for what they could both contain.

If ET goes sooner due to the ride system no longer being physically possible to do major changes, I'm...not as angry about it.

Two questions, as I got to ride this again last week for the first time in 5 years:
- When did they bring back the interplanetary passports to have ours names recorded? That was missing on multiple trips in the past, figured it was a goner.
- We watched the Botanicus animatronic (queue avatar pic) in the queue, and could have sworn he also said our names. Were we dreaming? It was early, so the ride was not crowded, we were the only ones in actually standing there, and the workers could tell we are into it. Was it a trigger they could hit, or a figment of our imagination?

Yeah. Some of the stuff looked like it would be a blast....and fun as all hell. Four minutes of helter skelter fast paced all out fun through nine practical sets....imteracting with AA driven RV's in a couple of the scenes....and AA's everywhere.

Ya - it was basically Antarctica... but not crappy.

Reactions: tankart150
Was there 3 weeks ago waited in line 45 minutes and none of my family enjoyed the ride. I remember liking the ride a lot 20 years ago as well as my family...so much so that I made sure this was the first ride my wife and son rode at universal. Also my son loves the movie ET. This time there were multiple audio warnings to keep arms and legs inside the ride vehicle during the ride that totally take you out of the ride mentally and ruin it. Also didn't hear ET say my wife or childs name. We didn't ride it again and don't plan to when we go back in 5-6 years so obviously fine if they get rid of it now.

This morning during NBC's broadcast of the Macy's Parade (which pales in comparison to Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's) ,Comcast aired an Infinity commercial that featured ET. ET revisited his earthly friend who was now grown with his own family. The commercial was one of the best Holiday commercials ever, as good as the best Coca cola Polar Bear Holiday spots. It really tugged at the emotions. Pure Synergy for Comcast/Universal :toast:....I don't think ET at USF will be going anywhere for a good while. :)

This morning during NBC's broadcast of the Macy's Parade (which pales in comparison to Universal's Holiday Parade featuring Macy's) ,Comcast aired an Infinity commercial that featured ET. ET revisited his earthly friend who was now grown with his own family. The commercial was one of the best Holiday commercials ever, as good as the best Coca cola Polar Bear Holiday spots. It really tugged at the emotions. Pure Synergy for Comcast/Universal :toast:....I don't think ET at USF will be going anywhere for a good while. :)
Link? Or is it the same one that’s posted?