Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

A new construction bond was filed today for a whopping $82 million. The bond specifically says it's for Projects 960, 961, and 962.

8BcWZxT.png

If anyone remembers this post from the old Universal Orlando expansion thread, I briefly discussed how the project numbers worked for the Beijing project. There's a number for the overall resort project as a whole (887) and then separate numbers for each individual land/zone/section (712 I believe was Jurassic World).

Well on top of all that, each individual facility within each land also gets its own sequential project/building number. So within JW for example, you'd also have project numbers in the 200-206 range for each building.

My guess is that these new numbers in the 960 range might represent the individual facilities within one of the lands. So far, for Epic Universe we have the following numbers:

Project 304 - Epic Universe
Project 903 - ?
Project 905 - Fantastic Beasts/WWoHP
Project 931 - Back of House Infrastructure
Project 960 - ?
Project 961 - ?
Project 962 - ?

They could also just as easily be for more infrastructure build-out as well, considering it's still so early on in the project - but either way it's fun to start seeing these pieces come together!

I'm assuming TTF stands for "Temporary Trailer Facility/Facilities" - it was filed with all the other P931 permits for the BoH buildings so I'd imagine they'll build a trailer complex to support the construction of those buildings.
The listed contractor appears to specialize in road building and earth moving projects, so I'd say it's pretty unlikely that this is for anything within one of the lands. Also, I'm not sure I'd call $82 million "whopping".

Q3 Comcast earnings call. Hopefully we’ll get a transcript of it later today.
Thats awesome!!! Maybe he just let it slip lol. It makes sense though with 4 lands, typically takes a year and a half to 2 to build them, id presume construction ramps up soon, 2023 makes perfect sense. Less than 5 years after they announce too, which is faster than Disney gets to announcing, then opening a single attraction let alone an entire theme park. Impressive!

And of course UOR management gave a “No comment” when asked about the date haha
Did the same thing after they said they were "looking into adding a 4th gate in Orlando" back in summer 2018.

At least we can be happy they tell their investors the truth, even though they know it is being recorded and will be released later that day... even if they'll then go and pretend they didn't say it for the next 14 months until an official announcement lol.