Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A public announcement by a chief executive is a 'public announcement' whether it was planned or not. Why quibble over the background. He said it, and it was reported. Bottom line, that's all that really matters. Reporters are to report the news. This was legitimate news.
I never said it shouldn't be reported at all, (obviously). I just think context is important here.

Reactions: RFRees
And when reached out by all news outlets, Universal refused to comment on it.
LOL UOR refuses to comment on anything that hasn't been open for 5 years.
If CNBC doesn't report on it, take it as speculation and plans for the future rather than an announcement/confirmed. CNBC didn't touch that part of the earning call.
CEOs don't speculate.

If CNBC doesn't report on it, take it as speculation and plans for the future rather than an announcement/confirmed. CNBC didn't touch that part of the earning call.

this take is :trash:

Also, I’d like to point this is the same guy who’s announced plans for Kong and Pets on earnings calls before. There is precedent. He knows what he’s doing.

And if it was an announcement and solidified CNBC would've been the first to report...you know the news agency actually owned by Comcast. And CEOs do speculate on future plans. Bob Iger does it all the time.

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it did it fall?

Seriously the CEO said new park 2023. It’s an announcement of a year. I’m just astounded anyone thinks otherwise. Some next level spin.

Wasn't Bourne suppose to open in 2019....how many Universal projects have not opened when said to be open. Also the same CEO stated Beijing would open in 2020 which now isn't opening in 2020. But go ahead with CEOs know everything talk.
DreamWorks, China big part of Universal theme park future - Orlando Sentinel

This is a weird hill to die on. I don't understand why a change in dates changes what an announcement is or isn't....

So when Universal officially puts out a Press Release saying F&F: Supercharged was to open in 2016, and ended up getting pushed to 2017; by your logic, that means that wasn't an announcement anymore.

This is a weird hill to die on. I don't understand why a change in dates changes what an announcement is or isn't....

So when Universal officially puts out a Press Release saying F&F: Supercharged was to open in 2016, and ended up getting pushed to 2017; by your logic, that means that wasn't an announcement anymore.

Not a hill I'm trying to die on but something I literally deal with everyday as a project manager. You work on a project. Boss man slips up at a meeting and said this project will be done this day etc despite your personal knowledge that deadline likely won't be reached. Now everyone has expectations that it will happen that time despite it not being officially pushed out by the people actually doing said project creating more headaches in managing expectations because maybe it wasn't stated well to boss.

Secondly, it was Jungle who stated a CEO would know things and wouldn't speculate/pull stuff out of the air but dude has gotten dates wrong before in official settings and this was an unofficial statement.

My goal is to reduce expectations that it will actually open by 2023 because I don't think it will happen just like Beijing didn't open by 2020, Just like Bourne didn't open in 2019, just like all the attractions opened late. Too many factors in play especially with the lack of resources due to the high demand in Florida. Which is also part of the reason UOR doesn't commit on most thing typically as well. To prevent this stuff where people think things are going to open at this time and then it not now you are stuck with angry people.

Secondly, it was Jungle who stated a CEO would know things and wouldn't speculate/pull stuff out of the air but dude has gotten dates wrong before in official settings and this was an unofficial statement.

My goal is to reduce expectations that it will actually open by 2023 because I don't think it will happen just like Beijing didn't open by 2020, Just like Bourne didn't open in 2019, just like all the attractions opened late. Too many factors in play especially with the lack of resources due to the high demand in Florida.

"It not hitting the announced date" and "The CEO announcing a date doesn't count as an announcement" are two wildly different things. As of *right now* 2023 is the announced date. If it doesn't hit it, that's a completely different situation.

The reason I brought it up wasn't whether the 2023 date is accurate or not, I think we all believe this is the date they are shooting for (whether they make it or not).

However, is this an "announcement" or a "leak"? Some might think there's little difference here but it's important, it's whether Universal actually acknowledges this to be true or not. As of now it's a no (they refuse to comment). So to me this was a slip up, something they may not have fully planned for, and we may not get an official announcement until later.

And yes, a CEO can accidentally leak. They are too busy to know some of the finer intricacies. I have seen them mess up on ride and restaurant names all the time (see Tom Williams talking about Hagrids Forbidden Forest Adventure). I've seen basic typos from them. They are not perfect people.

Not a hill I'm trying to die on but something I literally deal with everyday as a project manager. You work on a project. Boss man slips up at a meeting and said this project will be done this day etc despite your personal knowledge that deadline likely won't be reached. Now everyone has expectations that it will happen that time despite it not being officially pushed out by the people actually doing said project creating more headaches in managing expectations because maybe it wasn't stated well to boss.

My goal is to reduce expectations that it will actually open by 2023 because I don't think it will happen just like Beijing didn't open by 2020, Just like Bourne didn't open in 2019, just like all the attractions opened late. Too many factors in play especially with the lack of resources due to the high demand in Florida.

But the discussion was whether this was an announcement or not, which is absolutely one of the most trivial things I've seen on here in quite a while. My point about F&F was that it was "officially pushed out" and that date got changed, too. We all know plans can change, and yesterday's 2023 reveal doesn't mean it's locked in.