Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 100 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something that was lost in translation when I posted a while back... ride op also said that a "device to catch the car and push it back over" is being installed to stop the valleying problems. That sounds like what they do on many wooden coasters where a short length of chain lift is installed at the top of hills to prevent rollback. Wooden coasters are subjected to more variations due to the nature of the construction, but if Rockit is having the same problems it makes sense that a similar solution would work here. Of course, it could be a much cooler design than that. The person was not specific.

That's exciting news. I wonder when they'll add that and if the moving walkway will open shortly after. There's been no reason to have the moving walkway going when there's been a risk of valleying.

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1987.jpg

I hope HRRR is running smoothly WITH the magical moving carpet loading station by next summer. They're going to need it too, because Harry Potter is going to bring in a ton of people.

Last edited:
People aren't going to come all the way across the ocean and not visit both parks. As a matter of fact, Disney's BIG 2010 plan plan is to add nothing and simply ride on Potter's robe tails until 2011. All the Orlando parks will see an influx of tourists because of Potter. Well, maybe not The Holy Land.

New banner looks great! It also appears that this banner is in sections (not sure if the last one was, I think it was one piece?), also appears a lot thicker and way more secured on all sides than the previous one.

I love the tower design, but I would have done it a WHOLE lot nicer. I'd have added LED's in certain spots. The very tip would have had a large rung with needle figures. The chain lift segment would have had long vertical mirrors to reflect the cars' LED's. The apex segment, along with the rung, would have held a larger mirror and a strobe effect. Maybe a small fog effect.
Behind the loop would have been a small yet wide facade showing the Hollywood sign, and the car would cause LED's on the sign to go ballistic every time it passes
All the brake-runs would have had mirrors likewise to the ones on the lift.
The large New York facade would have been redone so that there wouldn't be some large red track all up in the library's grill when it wasn't even invited to the BBQ [*lick* Tsss.]
The treble clef's floor would have been a large DJ mixing board. People would have a chance to go through a New York facade and stand on the board and watch the cars go by. A very nice idea for a small Rock the Universe rap group stage, while the other is in use in the boneyard.
The crowd surfing segment is very well done, but there should be a 'crashing through' effect through the banner with a fog effect.
The small curves right before the small laid-down 'loop' would have been covered with a tunnel themed like the station, and with fog and mirrors all around inside with strobe effects. The actual helix segment would have had multi-colored beams of light that shone at the track different colors at standby moments in slow gradients, and then shone in a strobe-like manner when the cars passed by. The actual entrance sign would have been much larger, and the boneyard would have been completely themed all-around; not just the back of Neutron. The actual concert stage would have been themed exactly like the station building, and palm trees would reign the grounds in the seating area so that shade would be prominent.

You know... just a simple upgrade. Lol.

Last edited:
I love the tower design, but I would have done it a WHOLE lot nicer. I'd have added LED's in certain spots. The very tip would have had a large rung with needle figures. The chain lift segment would have had long vertical mirrors to reflect the cars' LED's. The apex segment, along with the rung, would have held a larger mirror and a strobe effect. Maybe a small fog effect.
Behind the loop would have been a small yet wide facade showing the Hollywood sign, and the car would cause LED's on the sign to go ballistic every time it passes
All the brake-runs would have had mirrors likewise to the ones on the lift.
The large New York facade would have been redone so that there wouldn't be some large red track all up in the library's grill when it wasn't even invited to the BBQ [*lick* Tsss.]
The treble clef's floor would have been a large DJ mixing board. People would have a chance to go through a New York facade and stand on the board and watch the cars go by. A very nice idea for a small Rock the Universe rap group stage, while the other is in use in the boneyard.
The crowd surfing segment is very well done, but there should be a 'crashing through' effect through the banner with a fog effect.
The small curves right before the small laid-down 'loop' would have been covered with a tunnel themed like the station, and with fog and mirrors all around inside with strobe effects. The actual helix segment would have had multi-colored beams of light that shone at the track different colors at standby moments in slow gradients, and then shone in a strobe-like manner when the cars passed by. The actual entrance sign would have been much larger, and the boneyard would have been completely themed all-around; not just the back of Neutron. The actual concert stage would have been themed exactly like the station building, and palm trees would reign the grounds in the seating area so that shade would be prominent.

You know... just a simple upgrade. Lol.

Some parts of this fabrication are a good idea, but some aren't. Not trying to nitpick your post, but for instance an abundance of Universal Orlando guests are sensitive to strobe lights, so if they were strobes, they'd have to be a slightly less powerful than typical strobes. I for one, would've loved the Hollywood sign outside the attraction, but it seems like there isn't much space. The stadium was themed around the Hollywood Bowl as well so, that would be why there's no shade, or seating. It gives a major concert feeling, and not like the roll out stages they used to own.

Last edited:
Ah, yes, that's true. Universal is very sensitive to having strobes. It would be suitable to have less powerful strobes. Just something to disorient a bit, hehe. [But have you seen BMG? That's like a 5 minute strobe orgy. 0-0]
The Hollywood sign wouldn't take up even 25 feet back. Just something to add to the effect and to actually give the "Hollywood" part of the name a meaning, lol.
And I didn't know that it was centered around that idea.. Thanks for telling me! I can kind of see it now, but the station really clashes with the stage, in my opinion...

Last edited:
I wonder why they don't do the the little cut flaps in the banner so that it is less susceptible to wind damage. I have never seen a large building sized banner that didn't have such flaps.