Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sonic The Hedgehog (2019)

Incredible that they're actually listening to feedback and changing design, but the movie is supposed to come out the first week of November and going over-budget wouldn't seem to be a wise move for a movie with negative buzz. Of course if they can turn that buzz into positive buzz with new character design, then great, but I don't have a ton of faith.

It won’t be too extreme of a change. They can’t change the mouth too much or risk having to reanimate all of the character’s lines. They can’t change the shape of the character because Sonic presumably interacts with the humans and they don’t want to reshoot all of those scenes.

I’m thinking they’ll toy with the eyes and that’s basically it.

So apparently they’re going back to the drawing board for the Sonic CGI after the fam out cry. I believe it was announced by Shea.
I brought it up a few posts back, as Jeff Fowler (director) confirmed it on his twitter..

thinking of it more, and there is a big part of me that is..angry, due to that it will require likely a lot of crunch time for redoing the CGI (as I do think they are redoing it, as opposed to doing just the facial elements).

I wouldn't be shocked if Schwartz also has to come in and redo his lines, to just be sure.

The cgi may be an “easy” fix, but the merch might be a little more complicated.

Alright, it's nice they're putting in the time on Sonic's redesign. But his design wasn't the only thing that needed fixing, but I think all they're doing is his design. He might look better, but the film still ain't looking good.

Just watched the trailer for this. Didn't know Tim Tracker was trying his hand in playing video game movie villains. :dance:

So to fill in on a TLDR, there were leaks of the redesign; and now we have an official look at the new design..thanks to a pop-up stand for movie theaters.

The next trailer should be coming out sooner than later, as-well.

Credit where credit is due, they actually improved the heck out of the look so I applaud that.

However Sonic's look wasn't the only issue from the 1st trailer, so aside from the new look of Sonic and Jim Carey...it's still not good.

So to fill in on a TLDR, there were leaks of the redesign; and now we have an official look at the new design..thanks to a pop-up stand for movie theaters.

The next trailer should be coming out sooner than later, as-well.

That looks awesome! :D I hope Jim Carrey as Robotnik makes a PINGAS joke in the film.

Design is indeed better, but im betting this ends up as one of the worst from 2020. Animation still doesn't look great and its incredibly out of place with the humans. Ugh

Tyson Hesse was brought on to lead the redesign:

The film has..somewhat of a different atmosphere to me from the trailer. It could still be trash, but I like the feeling the trailer gets (although, this happened with TF and we know where that went). Excited, but that comes with some hesitance.