Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I really enjoyed this year, but one thing I've noticed this year and last is that the park feels a bit imbalanced. Basically, due to the high concentration of houses in the back of the park (also these are usually the houses with lowest waits), I end up spending most of my night in that region, which has no scarezones. I had to actually say "let's go walk through this zone!" to go to a scarezone instead of just naturally walking through them, most of the time. I know springfield has chainsaws, which are nice, but it's not the same feel as a full zone. Basically what I'm asking is, would it be logistically possible to have a full scarezone in the MIB region or somewhere else in the back of the park?

EDIT: also, other than an additional scarezone in the back of the park, I think something that would boost this event in the future, as more people attend and lines get longer, is entertainement in the queues. On monday the 21st, the nightingales switching out were trying to scare people in line, which was really cool to see! I wonder if they can do something like that as a permanent thing. Either scares or mini-shows or something...just a thought!

Last edited:
This year, overall, just wasn't as good as last year. I honestly feel like even 27 was better. At least it felt like Halloween. This year felt too party-ish to me. Not enough Halloween. Overall weak year for the street experience in my opinion, but the houses were excellent as always, so still a fun year. 25 still has my vote for best to date since I've been going.

Last edited:
It used to be that way where Halloween was dead. Past few years have shown otherwise.

With how young the audience skews for the event now, this is the party.

Yeah, those days are definitely gone. Halloween was usually hit or miss, with the following dates completely dead. Last few years at least had an excuse (with UCF Night and make-up dates) but it seems this is the new norm.

Last night hit capacity, FWIW.

Yeah, those days are definitely gone. Halloween was usually hit or miss, with the following dates completely dead. Last few years at least had an excuse (with UCF Night and make-up dates) but it seems this is the new norm.

Last night hit capacity, FWIW.

I was under the impression part of Preview Night going TMs was TMs getting a +1 to use one select night thru the event. And I remember hearing in 2018 there were so few available nights that most that were used were used at the end. May or may not still be policy. Plus a lot of TMs have probably been feeling pent-up demand after being shut out much of October.

I was under the impression part of Preview Night going TMs was TMs getting a +1 to use one select night thru the event. And I remember hearing in 2018 there were so few available nights that most that were used were used at the end. May or may not still be policy. Plus a lot of TMs have probably been feeling pent-up demand after being shut out much of October.

I think that policy changed this year. I think last night was due to a Groupon offer.

Was sold voided tickets and am currently sitting outside of the entrance rethinking life.. Have fun on the last night you guys.