Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Yep, had a feeling Monsters was screwed after that cast breaking character discussion on the thread. And I'm guessing HOTC got more lines to justify it over GG or YETI.

Honestly, part of me wonders if it's the cast; as I recall a lot of people loving the choices they had made for the case of the Firefly trio, and how those actors got into the spirit of the character.

The SZ is an interesting choice though.

I want bring this back. Ghostbusters wasn’t well-received.

I think it really worked in a very different way that most houses. You really needed to be able to go through it at a slow pace in order for it to really click IMO. I was able to do that once when I got behind a couple that were taking their time no matter what ops told them. And it really improved the experience of the house IMO. But if you walked through it at a normal HHN pace, it didn’t click.

Honestly I feel like both are deserved. Ho1C was easily my favorite IP house this year and one of my absolute favorites this year, if not my favorite. And as for Anarch-Cade, I liked that one honestly, but this year has some of the worst scare zones in years honestly. So picking from the lot, it or Hellbilly made sense.

Ho1C was our least anticipated IP house because we had never seen the movie. But it was also the house that got us the most....even my husband who never gets scared. Very well done and I can see how it won house of the year. Scare zone though....we never spent any time in Anarch-cade. Cool to look at but not much else.

i dont get street of the year at all, not at all....the zone wasnt always fully staffed and the energy was not as Strong as hellbilly,
pretty weird

Last edited:
Just want to say I had a blast this year. I want to thank every ops and scare actor that came out night after night giving it their all to make this event work. Overall the houses were weaker than in past years and the zones were as a whole not great but at the end of the day I have a great time with friends. It was also nice meeting you @itsabee. Monsters Forever!

So HO1C winning HoTY is essentially a maze in the Jaws Queue 2.0 winning HotY. Pretty surprised but that cast always delivered and the movie/maze is intense, gritty, but also really pretty.

Did the Jaws Queue ever have a house win HotY or nah?

I feel like the reason why Anarch-Cade was because so many people had gone to the zone to take so many pictures next to the arcade machines every night, Hellbilly Deluxe and Vanity Ball both should be up to being scarezones of the year, all in all, each zone did have their moments, but I'm definitely behind Hellbilly because it was so high volume and energetic in the zone, if it was in a bigger area it would have been massively popular this year and won for sure.

As for House, definitely deserved being a House of The Year, the actors in that house never broke character got me good every time even when I knew it was going to happen just the thought always got the best of me and ever since it had been on my wishlist for so long the fact that the house happened, it didn't disappoint even if it lacked a few things, it still redeemed itself in being a good house. :)

Wasn't expecting HOTC to win, but then again I wasn't expecting to like it to begin with. Watched the movie before I went for the first time and really didn't like it. However, the house actually really surprised me with how much I enjoyed it and actually made me glad I watched the movie before I went.

Anarch-Cade was the clear favorite to win, but my favorite was actually Zombieland. It was understated, but I got a few good jumps in that zone because some of the scare actors really blended in with the crowd and I wasn't expecting them.

Last edited: