Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You probably know but might as well tell everyone: I've been told AoV was invited back next year.... as an in-park stage show. Not in FFL. Things can change but take that for what it's worth.
I hope this happens, but man, I see the big AoV LOVE on Twitter, Facebook, and Insta...and from Aiello. And I can’t help but worry that management and lawyers look at all the AoV stanning and say, “why bother?” to the Bill and Ted proposal.

removing AoV from FFL to a temporary stage would be seen as a demotion. No way around it.

You probably know but might as well tell everyone: I've been told AoV was invited back next year.... as an in-park stage show. Not in FFL. Things can change but take that for what it's worth.

Would you take that to mean FFL is going bye bye or that something else would go there? AOV seems to be a huge hit so I find this kind of surprising unless the stadium won't be there next year.

Hadn't heard it went that far already, very telling.

I know logistics would turn into a nightmare, but I almost think roaming 10-minute shows popping up all over the park might really play to AOV's strengths. They do best when they crowd is right on top of them and they can feed off that energy, their enthusiasm becomes infectious.

I mean it could be viewed as a demotion if they wanted to, but AoV is definitely at their best in the streets. If they could be set up near Fast and Furious or something, it could really help balance out the park. It's a shame that theater was torn down for such a bad attraction.

Another few predictions and some thoughts for good measure.

-I can see about two sequel houses coming into the original house lineup. No more than 3. Scarecrow is the most likely, but I can see H.R. Bloodengutz/Slaughter Sinema coming back in some way.
-I do not believe Terra or Body Collectors or anything like that will be back as a full house. Maybe a street or cameo in the Anniversary house or show. It just seems like such a long stretch to pull back from. If they had kept up with it in the past 5 years, I could maybe see it, but otherwise I'm gonna say no.
-I do not see IPs being cut back in numbers significantly either. They will stay the 5-5 split. If IP's do ever get cut back it won't be this event.
-I don't think Bill and Ted are impossible but they definitely aren't shoe-ins. The only way AoV doesn't take FFL is if B&T are back and honestly if they are gonna return this is the year to do it. I'm rooting for them but not betting on them. I'm gonna predict that the B&T reprise, if it happens, will have an obvious running joke about how they did a farewell tour just to come back 3 years later and it will stray away from the original series' pop culture parody roots.

Also I called 10 brand-new houses so I'm already off to a decent start. :lol:

-I do not believe Terra or Body Collectors or anything like that will be back as a full house. Maybe a street or cameo in the Anniversary house or show. It just seems like such a long stretch to pull back from. If they had kept up with it in the past 5 years, I could maybe see it, but otherwise I'm gonna say no.

The whole story of Terra Cuentes is that it happens every 15 years. Not saying that makes it a definite appearance, but it wouldn't make sense every 5 years.

Wasn't last official word that WB's event was only "on hiatus" in 2019, they still hoped to bring it back in 2020? Until it's declared dead, I think WB IPs are off the table. Freddy and Jason off the table, as well then.

That was what the press release said, but is WB really going to say, "We lost our shirts, so never again"?

I started looking back for the last time there were only 2-3 IPs and got to HH22 and gave up.

29-6
28-5
27-5
26-6
25-5
24-5
23-5
22-5

I don't mean to be a contrarian but I feel like there are a lot of ideas and theories in this thread that are way off base. :D This is the speculation thread though so carry on . I see the house roster being very similar to this year and the last 5+ years.
You should have kept going... 21 only had one IP. And 20 had zero.

It seems many are speculating on a Terra Cruentus house this year. I do remember watching some HHN history vids on Youtube claiming that when the Terra Queen sacrificed herself on the final night of HHN 15, she is bound to reappear 15 years later. Can anyone attest to the legitimacy of this claim? Only time will tell.
Canonically, the forging of the Gorewood blade and the sacrifice of the Queen occurs every fifteen years. The story is an easy, fascinating house that fans would freak out over.

Last edited:
This could be news possibly? This year I took my first ever Unmasking the Horror Tour. We did Us, Yeti, and Ghostbusters and really enjoyed it. Near the end of the tour as we were leaving, I asked the guide how long it takes to plan a year and he said to quote “Some years are longer than others, for instance so far we’ve already designed 3 of the 11 houses for next year” He kept talking after that and others didn’t seem to notice, but I took a big mental note. So take that as you may

Canonically, the forging of the Gorewood blade and the sacrifice of the Queen occurs every fifteen years. The story is an easy, fascinating house that fans would freak out over.
As a self-proclaimed scholar of all things HHN 15, I can confirm this. The best part about this origin is that it's insanely accessible for new fans to learn about. It's nothing too terribly complicated, and it's a blast from the past that hardcore fans have been wanting.

Here's something that I have yet to see, though. The Terra Queen has a different form with every reincarnation and sacrifice, so the design team could theoretically design her and Terra Cruentus however they like. The lore is flexible enough to allow this. This has the potential to extend to the Storyteller as well. She is, in fact, the "creator" of Terra Cruentus as well as a powerful being with supernatural abilities.

A redesigned Storyteller is definitely a long shot, but is something I would be excited to see. Think less creepy grandma and more Asami from Audition, for example. A redesign could also help further establish her own lore (perhaps a new plot about her exacting revenge on the event for mocking and disregarding her?) as well as introducing her to a new crowd. I mean, a lot of the mazes this year relied heavily on folklore and stories...

Anyways, you lot need to hold me up on my initial promise of not talking about the icons because this is what happens :grin:

It actually may not be as hard as you think. Security is already on top of IDing kids since CityWalk does have a curfew. They are only allowed in if they have a ticket. If they were to establish an age limit, just make the soft check a harder one. They have the police presence in addition to the security as well. I'd wager that if there was a clear rule about kids without parents, most parents would follow the rule and not allow the kid to go; and to the parents who decide their kid can probably sneak by.... they'll have security on top of them.

I dont know.
If a parent paid for their kid's hhn ticket at publix and then security doesnt let them in, i think that parent would be furious, specially if there are no refunds.
That could turn ugly for universal. Imagine the hundreds of parents that get tickets for their kids and then lose the money AND have a crying 13 year old freaking out about not being able to get in.

If they were going to limit kids and limit their entrance, i can see backlash online as well. Kids might be annoying but the backlash might be worse for uni.

I do want to point out something regarding Zombieland since I've seen a few suggest it could come back. Ignoring how well the 2nd movie can translate in a house (based on others, I haven't seen the film):

1. The zone was not the first choice to do in NY.
2. The movie is not doing anything spectacular at the B.O.
3. The zone was not received well; inside and out of fan circles (compared to TrT and Klowns, which were highly rated and highly loved.)

I saw zombieland 2, and it was not as memorable as the first one, the story is kind of like a rehash of the first, and i cant see people getting excited for a house based on it
Maybe if they make a house pulling the best parts of both movies together.

Zombieland 2 kinda follows the same beats as the first one. And the ending is not as interesting as the ending for the first one.

I dont know.
If a parent paid for their kid's hhn ticket at publix and then security doesnt let them in, i think that parent would be furious, specially if there are no refunds.
That could turn ugly for universal. Imagine the hundreds of parents that get tickets for their kids and then lose the money AND have a crying 13 year old freaking out about not being able to get in.

If they were going to limit kids and limit their entrance, i can see backlash online as well. Kids might be annoying but the backlash might be worse for uni.

That's on the parent at that point. If the rule is changed, and they still bought the ticket ignoring the warning, that is not Universal's problem. I can promise you the headache of the outraged parent will be less than the trouble some of these jerks cause.

I have been asking for Brian Brushwood to come back since I found out he'd done HHN before.

The problem with all magicians I've seen is that they have a limited repertoire. To Bushwood's credit, he did TWO shows, three times a night each, rather than five or six of the same show like most other acts.

There's no repeatability to comedy magic (and every act I've seen at HHN was a variation on Penn & Teller's schtick). It's the same jokes, same tricks. Repeatability is huge to the "regulars" who routinely pack out B&T/FFL, and magicians provide none. On the flip side, the one-night-only guests don't want to waste valuable house time on a magic show from a guy they've never heard of.

A David Blaine-type wandering the streets without a set schedule might be cool, but that's not going to eat up crowds.

I'm gonna predict that the B&T reprise, if it happens, will have an obvious running joke about how they did a farewell tour just to come back 3 years later and it will stray away from the original series' pop culture parody roots.

Agreed, it will likely be "Bill & Ted Meet the Universal Monsters" or maybe historical figures in a rehash of the movie. No ersatz Disney or WB characters, Legal just doesn't want that hassle. I doubt they even rely on real world parody--not trying to be political when I say, based on the past 3 years, any kind of election-related humor come Fall 2020 is likely to be divisive and risk setting its audience to blows. (Remember the security in Hall of Presidents?)

That's on the parent at that point. If the rule is changed, and they still bought the ticket ignoring the warning, that is not Universal's problem. I can promise you the headache of the outraged parent will be less than the trouble some of these jerks cause.

if the change happens, it has to be highly advertised that it changed, like on every ad

Status
Not open for further replies.