Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least they're keeping the carved murals on either side of the main arch. Part of me would have expected them to just plaster over those as part of the new blandness.

Why does that arch even exist?
It used to separate the backlot areas, with the production soundstages, from the front lot, with the fleshed out movie sets, back in the day when this park made sense... sort of.

The walking and tram production tours and the animation tour were the only attractions through this gate when the park first started.

It used to separate the backlot areas, with the production soundstages, from the front lot, with the fleshed out movie sets, back in the day when this park made sense... sort of.

The walking and tram production tours and the animation tour were the only attractions through this gate when the park first started.
I think the park still makes sense.

I'm still shocked the park kept "Studios" in the name with the changes they've made.
It’s a name that sounds good and ultimately does describe the park well better than any of those crappy alternative names they had for it. Think of “Studios” not in the working studio manner, but in terms of describing Disney’s different Studios.

Muppets = Muppet Studios
Star Wars & Indiana Jones = Lucas Film
Toy Story Land = Pixar Studios
BatB, VotLM, Frozen, MMRR, etc = Walt Disney Animated Studios

I’m very pleased that they kept the name.

So with Rise opening in a few days and the opening date now set for MMRR, the "overhaul" will now be complete at DHS. Now the question is if they are going to continue investment into the park (which it still sorely needs) or just let it sit for awhile. Both DAK and DHS need major additions despite the shiny new toys both parks have received over the past few years.

This investment to the park was a great start, but for DHS specifically, areas like Echo Lake and Animation Courtyard still need major help, Fantasmic needs an update at the very least (although it has been on the chopping block for park expansion in the not too distant past), RNRC needs a retheme, etc. DHS is a park that will potentially have a collection of many of the best rides not only in WDW, but in Orlando (ToT, Rise, MMRR), however much like DCA, the park is still in desperate need of further additions.