The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Will this show surpass Terminator?

Yes or No?
Too soon to tell for sure, but I definitely hope so.

For as stale as many critics think this IP is, I still enjoy the Bourne movies a lot, and there's definitely a lot of opportunity and promise here. @Alicia spoke on her podcast of the original Mini Cooper from the movie and a full-size helicopter prop possibly being used; if so, I think that'd be the biggest theme park power move of all time.

I think there's every chance Stuntacular may end up being more technically impressive than T2 was.

However, I have much more affection for the first two TERMINATOR movies than I do for any of the BOURNE installments (despite liking the first three quite a bit), and that still counts for a lot for me.

Reactions: Darko and Alicia
I think there's every chance Stuntacular may end up being more technically impressive than T2 was.

However, I have much more affection for the first two TERMINATOR movies than I do for any of the BOURNE installments (despite liking the first three quite a bit), and that still counts for a lot for me.
There is equity in the Terminator franchise for us classic Universal fans...

I will accept Bourne as a worthy succesor though if it delivers on its promise of bluring reality and screen based action.

Reactions: truejonas and Darko
One of the things Universal really was a pioneer of in their theme parks was a stunt show. Right now they have no stunt show at all in the Florida parks. Honestly the IP won't matter to most guests, they just want a stunt show that's really impressive. The fact that it's indoors and air conditioned is an even bigger plus.

Terminator 2 3-D definitely set a high bar. I did get to see it when all effects weren't working, but it always impressed and wow-ed. Remains the best Terminator sequel post T2. Hopefully Bourne blows me away. We'll see.

Reactions: Darko
So Dark Fate flopped opening week with out 29 mil. So can put the bed the Terminator IP being relevant.

People are so fatigued by Terminator movies. It is a shame that so many bad movies came out before this one because Dark Fate is excellent!! It is a nice trilogy of the original two. Hoping word of mouth increases tickets sales!

Reactions: RFRees