Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they desecrated silent hill and castlevania with pachinko machines lol :lol:
But if theres money to be made for konami i think they would say yes right away, and uni can use the netflix connection to promote it and to take ideas from.
There is also the controversy about their treatment of employees but that may not have any affect on it. I don't wanna derail the topic anymore so that's all I will say.

Some Micheal Roddy fellow or something

Also, can I be totally honest and say I hope they completely rip up the playbook and do nothing regarding an anniversary this year.

I don't want to see Jack
Please tell me you are not joking about J. Michael Roddy returning.

Regarding the number of IPs, I don't think they will be the majority of houses. Zombieland and Candyman seem like easy tie-ins (already worked with Sony on the former, latter is in-house+Peele), and I think Hill House and/or A Quiet Place will be the main IP hook (maybe Ghostbusters 2020 too?). Outside of those, I don't see them going for a classic IP (unless they somehow can get Scream). I really want to see Beetlejuice happen after Ghostbusters though. Universal is at the point where they need breathing room before they have to dig back in the IP catalog.

I'm also not anticipating a cohesive theme despite being an anniversary year. Maybe Jack returns as the icon?

Instead of stranger things or haunting of hill house I would love to see a house based on the upcoming Witcher series. Doesn’t even have to be based on the series it could be off the books or games! Plenty to work with!

Instead of stranger things or haunting of hill house I would love to see a house based on the upcoming Witcher series. Doesn’t even have to be based on the series it could be off the books or games! Plenty to work with!

But this is not horror at all though, not even a little bit

Which reminds me, are they bringing game of thrones like they were supposed to?

Unpopular opinion, but I personally can’t see Hill House being a good property for HHN. For me, it was a better people-analysis kind of show, and while the dynamics were great in that regard, I didn’t find most of it to be great house content. A Quiet Place was also phenomenal, but impossible to pull off in a way that fits the whole gimmick of the film. Can you imagine designing an entire house that’s meant to be silent? Sure, some scenes have sounds like the music scene in the basement or the roaring of the monsters, but that sound would leak over into the rest of the house and just create a weird vibe.

To make it speculation-related, no, I definitely don’t see Hill House or A Quiet Place making it.

Alright, here. we. go!

With HHN releasing the info of them doing reimagined haunts from years past, that'll make speculation better for me. When it comes to speculating new IP's, I'm not gonna' really delve into that since until we get any solid info on what IP's could be coming, it could be almost anything. (An that is what usually dives into throwing anything at the wall.)

Now with the reimagined haunts angle, that's more fun to speculate!

Scarecrow - Well this was going to be the obvious first choice due to the reception of S:TR in 27, though it looks like HHN is clearly getting the obvious out of the way. Considering I was just a year shy of experiencing this (An very foolishly said it looked repetitive based off a house POV, something which I'll never do again after experiencing 28 and 29 first hand.), I'm looking forward to it!

H.R. Bloodengutz/Slaughter Sinema - If there's any house other than Scarecrow which would have a huge clamoring to return, it's H.R. Bloodengutz. It's certainly a theme that can be redone again and again, case in point Slaughter Sinema is certainly in the same kind of vein with the schlocky B-Movies. Because of that, you could very well combine the two, with H.R. hosting a movie marathon of sorts.

The In Between - It's been a little while since HHN has done a 3D house (and the last one was quite possibly one of the worst), so I can see that not only returning, but from what's often considered the BEST 3D house they've ever done!

Another yearbook mash-up house? - Monsters & Mayhem certainly showed the formula on how to do this type of house right, I can see them doing a new version with it being the 30th.

But this is not horror at all though, not even a little bit

Which reminds me, are they bringing game of thrones like they were supposed to?
He’s literally a monster hunter with some terrifying looking monster and settings it makes more sense then something like game of thrones and we saw how that almost became a house

Status
Not open for further replies.