Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if anyone has any idea what the "vehicle" will be if the Monster's ride is a Kuka arm... I'm imagining it won't be a flying bench ha ha.

A time machine.

Frankenstein's Grandaughter (or whoever) has built a time machine to go back and capture/prevent/kill the original Monster. In true Universal fashion something goes wrong and we end up in Egypt/English Forest/Black Lagoon etc etc, encountering each monster one by one.

Or not. I just had this idea the other day and thought it sounded cool.

A time machine.

Frankenstein's Grandaughter (or whoever) has built a time machine to go back and capture/prevent/kill the original Monster. In true Universal fashion something goes wrong and we end up in Egypt/English Forest/Black Lagoon etc etc, encountering each monster one by one.

Or not. I just had this idea the other day and thought it sounded cool.

I like it. Would allow for some variety inside the ride itself in terms of backdrops, etc. :thumbsup:

I think Universal Classic Monsters can work amazingly within the theme parks if they realize that the horror within the films mirror moral/ethical dilemmas we face daily. Frankenstein showcases the trouble of playing God and how man's search for discovery and be the biggest downfall, Dracula mirrored the fact that people were supposedly dead from illness and were buried alive yet sometimes managed to get out of their tomb and back to the surface, Invisible Man showed how power corrupts, Wolf Man showcased the struggles man can have with change, the mummy shows the danger of messing with things we don't know about well. The reason why the films are classics are not just because of the monsters but the very nuanced performances by the actors, just rewatch the first appearance of each monster and it drives the connection.

I also think recently and actually fear Murdy's treatment for the attraction. I think he understands the concepts as he showcased it in the first scene of the HHN house in Hollywood last year, however at the same time. HHN house is very different than honoring and creating an attraction made to honor these films.

Remember Frankenstein monster wasn't a monster at first, it was his lack of understanding that made him a monster. Like with Maria, who played with him, and showed him the flowers that float. That caused him to throw Maria in the Water because he believed she would float like a flower.

I get the modern setting for the monsters and I think if the creatives in charge of creating this world can find ways to honor the truth regarding the stories and more, we can end up with a family friendly terrifyingly great land and attraction. However I think they will have some trouble unless the manage to get some next level AAs or performers who are so incredible at performing subtle notions.

I think however they should've made the main character for the land the daughter of the Invisible Man. One, like Dr Frankenstein, he was a scientist. Whereas Victor was just focused on playing God, the Invisible Man's motivation were more corrupt...he would more so use science to arise the monsters to terrorize and control the populace whereas Dr Frankenstein's daughter motivations to introduce us to the other monsters is questionable. Part of the reason why Victor made a mate was due to the manipulation of Dr. Pretorius as well as to protect his wife Elizabeth. Part of the reason Victor manages to lives is because the Monster decided not to punish him before killing the bride for rejecting him and Dr Pretorius for being a bad man. With that family history it does not make sense for his daughter to do anything.

As for bringing back the monsters, you have the Invisible man's formula, the tombs still exist for The Mummy, Van Helsing's notebooks are still relevant, you have Dr Frankensteins notes on reviving the human body, and so much more. So its quite easy for them to have ways to bring monsters back.

Lastly, if we do get the Creature Attraction, I can see it be Kong/Jungle Cruise like

eCAwOb2.png

While everything you said is probably true, it all boils down to one thing. People go to amusement/theme parks to have fun!! They want to escape reality, forget about their troubles and enjoy themselves for a day or two or however long. They will not care about the motivation of a monster and/or scientist. They will care about being scared and getting a good adrenaline rush. They also won't care about which monster may have been killed in previous movies, especially movies that 90% of the younger generation has never seen.

I am not hating on your very good post, as I have said it is probably true. I just don't think the average guest, when they are experiencing the rides first hand, will think of anything like that, just the fun they are having.

While everything you said is probably true, it all boils down to one thing. People go to amusement/theme parks to have fun!! They want to escape reality, forget about their troubles and enjoy themselves for a day or two or however long. They will not care about the motivation of a monster and/or scientist. They will care about being scared and getting a good adrenaline rush. They also won't care about which monster may have been killed in previous movies, especially movies that 90% of the younger generation has never seen.

I am not hating on your very good post, as I have said it is probably true. I just don't think the average guest, when they are experiencing the rides first hand, will think of anything like that, just the fun they are having.
I once saw a talk with UC and they said they design for 3 groups of demographic; the super fan (guest who love the ip and know everything about it), guests who know about it and like it but don't go very deep and the guest who doesn't know about the ip.
I think you are right that "subtle" won't have priority in this ip but I expect that Universal will try it's best to honor the fans in the way they present the characters and (back) stories.

I once saw a talk with UC and they said they design for 3 groups of demographic; the super fan (guest who love the ip and know everything about it), guests who know about it and like it but don't go very deep and the guest who doesn't know about the ip.
I think you are right that "subtle" won't have priority in this ip but I expect that Universal will try it's best to honor the fans in the way they present the characters and (back) stories.

Agreed!!

When I think of the possible HTTYD coaster, I oddly expect it to be a lot like Taron from Phantasialand. Not necessarily in terms of thrills, as I know thats been compared to the new JP coaster, but with how highly themed it is to whatever "village" or town it seems to be a part of. Weaving in and out of buildings, passing the queue very closely, looks like it goes into some sort of public space as well. I imagine a lot of those type of actions on this coaster. Not sure this made sense written out, but in my head I can totally picture it.

Reactions: Mad Dog
When I think of the possible HTTYD coaster, I oddly expect it to be a lot like Taron from Phantasialand. Not necessarily in terms of thrills, as I know thats been compared to the new JP coaster, but with how highly themed it is to whatever "village" or town it seems to be a part of. Weaving in and out of buildings, passing the queue very closely, looks like it goes into some sort of public space as well. I imagine a lot of those type of actions on this coaster. Not sure this made sense written out, but in my head I can totally picture it.

No that's perfect!! Sweeping in and out like that low to the ground is a very exhilarating experience. I hope we get something like that.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
I just have one possible issue with the Super Nintendo Land itself. It seems all of the other lands in EU would lend itself well to nighttime, but SNW not so much. Would it be well lit at nighttime? Will it still have the same luster and appeal as it would in the daytime? I would assume the Mario cart ride will be lit up very nice, but what about the rest of the land. If this has already been addressed I do apologize.

Reactions: jrn14 and Magic-Man
Screen_Shot_2017_06_08_at_8.53.11_AM__2_.0.png
I just have one possible issue with the Super Nintendo Land itself. It seems all of the other lands in EU would lend itself well to nighttime, but SNW not so much. Would it be well lit at nighttime? Will it still have the same luster and appeal as it would in the daytime? I would assume the Mario cart ride will be lit up very nice, but what about the rest of the land. If this has already been addressed I do apologize.
One thing I can refer you to is the lamp presence in the land

I can't speak for the main section of SNW but if Animal Kingdom has taught me anything, it's that lands that focus on more naturalistic elements have a tendency to look spectacular at night. I have a feeling that the DK mini-land will look great when the sun's down.

SNW will probably be the brightest lit land. They will wash all the buildings with fairly bright light to make the colors pop. I am hoping that UCM and Paris has "gas lamps" (flickering LED) and Berk uses actual flame torches as accents.

Are we thinking that HTTYD will be another multilevel land? If you look at New Berk in the film its obviously got some elevation to it, as does most of Berk anyways. Since its closest to us from our perspective in the concept art but I think that is impossible to tell really, but I could also see the rock work building (I believe queue for the coaster) being on a second level.

Are we thinking that HTTYD will be another multilevel land? If you look at New Berk in the film its obviously got some elevation to it, as does most of Berk anyways. Since its closest to us from our perspective in the concept art but I think that is impossible to tell really, but I could also see the rock work building (I believe queue for the coaster) being on a second level.
I do remember Alicia saying the concept art had MUCH LESS rockwork than reality

Reactions: Magic-Man
I don't know if it's rockwork, or other scenic items like fake trees, building facades, etc, but that concept art has been super stripped of most of the theming that would make each land unique.
Which we can all clearly see regarding what we’re seeing and have seen with SNW. God I cannot wait to see the finished product on the other 3 lands.

I think the concept art pretty clearly shows HTTYD being a single level land with the exception of the water/boat ride being situated on a lower level and the coaster weaving above and below various elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.