Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, there are so many past scarezones I'd love to see them do original mazes on.. All Hallow's Evil would make a great original.. Urban Inferno would make another great one.. You could do something creative with Exterminatorz or Toyz or even the return of Hollywood Harry..

I whole-heartedly agree. While there are still several properties I would like to see tackled at HHN, there's not a lot left. Might as well pace themselves.
This is the biggest thing for me. The well is getting dry, no question. I just still think that original mazes are not Hollywood’s or Murdy’s forte. I appear to be in the minority with this opinion lol, but I will stand by it. There are more originals coming, I think that’s obvious. But like I said in a different post, I just hope that they’re actual originals. Don’t reheat a scare zone just because it was popular (Holidayz); don’t take a bunch of familiar and recognizable content and try to pass it off as new (Pandora). Do something legitimately unique and creative.

I would of course prefer that they just stick to what they do best and bring existing IPs to life in ways that build and expand upon them. But you gotta be realistic at the same time. You can’t just pick IPs and go wild. So we’ll see.

Last edited:
Let’s see.

Original mazes
Are You Afraid of the Dark
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Black Christmas
Stranger Things (best of)
Lost Boys (film or CW series)
Fright Night

Eight scenes where nothing happens, then a finale where you wonder how you got there?
YOU wouldn't want an entire house dedicated to Toni Collette screaming at you? That's personally my dream house.

Jokes aside, as much as I adore Hereditary, I feel like it's too much of a slow burn to relegate itself to a whole house. Do what a lot of other people have suggested and put it in a Horrors of A24 setup with stuff like Witch, Climax, Lighthouse, etc

1. IT (96)
2. Killer Klowns (77)
3. Halloween (75)
4. Scream (50)
5. The Thing (33)
6. Chucky (29)
7. Conjuring/TCM (27)
8. Monsters/NOES (26)
9. Friday the 13th (25)
10. Beetlejuice (24)

1. It (12)
2. NOES (7)
3. Halloween (7)
4. Conjuring (5)
5. Klowns (5)
6. Friday the 13th (5)
7. Beetlejuice (4)
8. Creepshow (4)
9. Hellraiser (4)
10. Chucky (4)

1. IT (96)
2. Killer Klowns (77)
3. Halloween (75)
4. Scream (50)
5. The Thing (33)
6. Chucky (29)
7. Conjuring/TCM (27)
8. Monsters/NOES (26)
9. Friday the 13th (25)
10. Beetlejuice (24)

1. It (12)
2. NOES (7)
3. Halloween (7)
4. Conjuring (5)
5. Klowns (5)
6. Friday the 13th (5)
7. Beetlejuice (4)
8. Creepshow (4)
9. Hellraiser (4)
10. Chucky (4)

Lovely seeing The Thing on there. Production values were very good last year between stuff like Ghostbusters and even Stranger Things (all those creature effects), so maybe they got a budget injection or got better at managing everything? Regardless, a Thing house seems more possible than it was last year.

Chucky completely slipped my mind. They have a Syfy show coming out this year, so thats something to look forward to.

Beetlejuice on there really surprised me. I think that's more likely than people think, especially considering the fact that Ghostbusters was so maligned + wasn't requested much.

Also, Killer Klowns as the second most requested simultaneously baffles and delights me.

So 3 upcoming movies it seems. Here´s my bets from most likely to least.
  • Candyman
  • Ghostbusters 2020
  • Halloween Kills
  • The Conjuring 3
  • Grudge
  • A Quiet Place 2
  • Jigsaw: Organ Donor
He could also be implying they're originals. Saying the movies "don't exists" means "they aren't movies."

Everything you've listed is a movie that DOES exists--they just haven't been released yet.

• Candyman
  • Ghostbusters 2020
  • Halloween Kills
  • The Conjuring 3
  • Grudge
  • A Quiet Place 2

I'm pretty sure he means they're original.

If so, All Hallows is a must.

So I know alot of you probably don't want to see Stranger Things at the event, and I don't even know if Netflix wants to work with Hollywood again after last year, but I'd like to see them take another shot at it. I think season 3 has the most potential to work in a maze environment and if Netflix could put pressure on them to not phone it in, I think you could get a pretty good house out of it. You never know, third time might be the charm.

I'm also reading them as the next Monsters Spinoff possibly.

Considering they want to do them in pairs the next one they would have to do they would have to make up. Which in sense would be a film that doesn't exist.
I’m thinking this, too.

I could also see it being original concepts that kinda operate like an IP, like the maze is based on a movie or show within the universe of the original concept. Something meta like “Hollywood Harry: The Movie,” or something like that. And maybe we will see three originals next year, and they’re all kinda connected in that particular way. Kind of a complicated premise but he did refer to them as “movies” so idk.

1. IT (96)
2. Killer Klowns (77)
3. Halloween (75)
4. Scream (50)
5. The Thing (33)
6. Chucky (29)
7. Conjuring/TCM (27)
8. Monsters/NOES (26)
9. Friday the 13th (25)
10. Beetlejuice (24)

1. It (12)
2. NOES (7)
3. Halloween (7)
4. Conjuring (5)
5. Klowns (5)
6. Friday the 13th (5)
7. Beetlejuice (4)
8. Creepshow (4)
9. Hellraiser (4)
10. Chucky (4)

Suprised Klowns is top 3. Maze really was THAT good. Nice to see The Thing up in top 5 at least.

Wow originals are really rising up if thats the case. And I actually don't mind.

Despite GB getting low ratings, I still think Beetlejuice could be a possibility. Nobody was really asking for a GB house before this year. BJ is requested and does fit the “horror” background a bit more than GB.

I think we can toss the Thing into the speculation pot, especially if ST doesn’t happen next year. They’ve shown they’re willing to invest in some creature effects a little bit.

Again, I’d be surprised if ST came back. Netflix didn’t even like it so....

Did we not get The Thing several years ago around 2010 or something? Not that I am against it coming next year, just checking my memory.

• Candyman
  • Ghostbusters 2020
  • Halloween Kills
  • The Conjuring 3
  • Grudge
  • A Quiet Place 2

I read that statement more to Originals. That includes the likes of Universal Monsters going forward, if they continue the fashion of crossing over the Monster's..

Status
Not open for further replies.