The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. That would have been better than what we got. Shame about the budget.

This is an incredibly reductive and incorrect way to look at this event.
My bad, It was just a thought. Which is why i asked for some insight as i don't know financially what goes on behind the scenes.

I know Universal reuses a lot of masks and props. It makes no sense not to. Also, The Big puppets and Depths reiterations slipped my mind.

Thanks @Legacy for providing some insight and clarification.

Reactions: Darko
Consider me blown away if they actually bring back Legendary Truth. Thought current HHN was pretty much abandoning everything, all that great lore they developed over all that time. Curious how much talk there is with meshing Legendary Truth with the story of Terra Cruentas.

Still having a hard time, either way, believing they would do anything like that. Again, maybe they will surprise me.

I wouldn’t go THAT far. They wouldn’t have brought DE or Nightingales back if they were planning on completely abandoning lore.

Reactions: truejonas
I would love to see them into the lore involving the Icons the same way they had done for Bloody Mary, everything build up for 2008's event was just awesome and just mixing that build up with the icons and most notably The Terra Queen and Terra Cruentas would make it really cool and would be awesome if they had tied it with some of the originals to give them more backstory like they had done back at 2008, unless they would go the 23 route and actually complete the Evil Takes Root post, I don't think they explained what happened with that, it was good and then it just seemed like they just dropped the idea when the event began and never return to it.

I would love to see them into the lore involving the Icons the same way they had done for Bloody Mary, everything build up for 2008's event was just awesome and just mixing that build up with the icons and most notably The Terra Queen and Terra Cruentas would make it really cool and would be awesome if they had tied it with some of the originals to give them more backstory like they had done back at 2008, unless they would go the 23 route and actually complete the Evil Takes Root post, I don't think they explained what happened with that, it was good and then it just seemed like they just dropped the idea when the event began and never return to it.

Heard marketing insisted that all the scare zones would be Walking Dead.

To be honest, I don’t have any predictions in any direction about icons, although I do want to see my boys Director and Usher again.

But.

This might not mean anything, but during the Christmas protests, the team members had no issues with one guy starting a, “bring back Jack, Jack the Clown” chant and having a group of maybe ten of us following him. The camera guy did continue rolling. I dunno. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Heard marketing insisted that all the scare zones would be Walking Dead.
Damn, they missed on so much potential for the other houses and the original for just using TWD for the whole thing, I don't hate The Walking Dead but it had definitely overstayed it's welcome that year, it should have just continue it's run as a house than being used for the entire event, a lot of missed opportunities for stuff to come that year.

Reactions: truejonas and Darko
Completely new to this whole speculation thing and don't know anything about studio contracts etc. but what are the odds of a Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark house? The recent film did decently at the box office (I thought??) and they are classic horror books, even for kids. Just curious, sorry if this is a dumb question :)

Completely new to this whole speculation thing and don't know anything about studio contracts etc. but what are the odds of a Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark house? The recent film did decently at the box office (I thought??) and they are classic horror books, even for kids. Just curious, sorry if this is a dumb question :)
It's not a dumb question, it's just a quirky one. It would require negotiating rights with HarperCollins (if they strictly go with the book), or Lionsgate AND HarperCollins if they go with the film. Book rights are a little odd, and it's not something Universal has attempted before (the "books" they've used are public domain).

Not a dumb question. Maybe if this gets a sequel which it was def set up for it could come, but despite doing decent at the box office I feel as though it's already kind of faded from spotlight. I feel like by next year without a sequel it probably won't be considered relevant enough

Though there was plenty there visually for a house and I would LOVE to see it come for more fan meltdowns about the event going soft :popcorn:

Going in blind, but having read the books and having seen the film, I seriously doubt that Alvin Schwartz’s estate would allow a gritty enough interpretation for HHN. They’re technically branded as kids’ books, so I don’t think you can go TOO hard with it. Same with Goosebumps. I think the content from both can be dark enough to work at HHN, but just the idea of pairing a childrens’ franchise with as messed-up an event as HHN might give off the wrong idea of their brand.

Edit: I don’t know how much say the estate might have in what happens with the books, actually. I hope that, whatever happens, even if it’s not legally required, the HHN team respects the wishes of the creator of the source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.