Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Is there a particularly good time to try to get on this ride? Is it best to try to rope drop this (though I don't have any early admission since I'm not on site) or just try sometime later in the day before they close it early?

Is there a particularly good time to try to get on this ride? Is it best to try to rope drop this (though I don't have any early admission since I'm not on site) or just try sometime later in the day before they close it early?

IOA doesn't have early admission anyway.

Just get there around 11/12. They almost always way overblow the wait.

If you want to spend most of your wait before the park opens then arrive at least an hour before park open and immediately ride. The second best time would be 1-2pm.

On Tuesday they were making last call about 3:45 with a posted 120 minute wait.

Currently in line with an extended delay :(

This thread has been so helpful to me, so here’s my contribution from today’s visit:

Ride was down until 1pm. Got in line at 1:10pm with posted 90-min wait. Only took 70 mins from entering queue to getting off ride.

When we entered, we got all the way to the end of the waiting room with the eggs on the shelves. Then the line stopped for several minutes at a time—eventually, we learned that Universal staff had given “return” vouchers to guests who waited in line from park open until about 11:00am (even though staff told guests not to wait in that line), and our regular line would stop for long periods of time while those returning guests redeemed their “return” vouchers.

Earlier in the day, app said the ride was “delayed.” Then from noon to around 2pm, the app didn’t post a wait time and said the ride was closing at 3:00pm. Staff confirmed they were unlikely to close that early given the delayed opening.

When we got off at 2:20pm, posted wait time was 240 mins. By around 3:30pm, wait time dropped to 150 mins. The line did not appear to be closed at that time.

Hope this is helpful!

I hope they have it consistently opening with the park by late January. I would much prefer to be able to rope drop it rather than spend 60 - 120 minutes in line in the middle of the day.

I hope they have it consistently opening with the park by late January. I would much prefer to be able to rope drop it rather than spend 60 - 120 minutes in line in the middle of the day.

Agreed. While the obvious response would be this thing work somewhat reliable from park open to close; its apparent that’s not happening.

So if they can just get this thing open for park open, I’d call if a small win. I was thinking if they didn’t have it all up and running relatively consistent by HHN, it was bad show. Now here we are hoping it can by its 1 year anniversary? :)

Agreed. While the obvious response would be this thing work somewhat reliable from park open to close; its apparent that’s not happening.

So if they can just get this thing open for park open, I’d call if a small win. I was thinking if they didn’t have it all up and running relatively consistent by HHN, it was bad show. Now here we are hoping it can by its 1 year anniversary? :)

TTD had extended down time this summer and doesn’t always open with the park.. It’s 16 years old. Welcome to Intamin. Difference is Universal will fix it once the heat is off.

Touring Plans Forum users have been accumulating wait time, opening, and uptime data for the attraction since opening. Fascinating read and gives an idea of where the ride is at right now.

Tracking Hagrid’s Motorbike Adventure opening times - Universal Orlando Resort - TouringPlans Discussion Forums

This is interesting. Im visiting for a single day on the first Friday in December. Im hoping for a quietish day before any holiday crowds arrive but im still expecting a minimum of a 60 minute queue no matter what time of day I decide to get in line. Judging by what you guys have said, I think just after lunchtime will be the best time, providing the weather looks OK.

Sadly at the end of my trip now but I did manage 2 rides on Hagrids -

My advice would be to avoid even bothering with it in the morning, it always seems to be immediately 180 minutes.

Keep tabs on the app, if it drops to 90 minutes I’d just do it as I’ve rarely seen it below that (although I did once which is luckily when I was right next to it.)

As others have echoed - lunchtime seems to be the best time to try to ride.

The wait time seems to be about half an hour more than the actual wait time, the first time I rode the time was posted as 60 minutes and the queue took just under 30, and today it was posted as 90 and took just over 60. On today’s visit the queue actually stopped for a while for some reason, if it hadn’t have I guess it would have been a shorter wait.

Also don’t leave it until the end of the day as they regularly close the queue if they think the queue time will mean the ride will close later than it should do.

I’m not breaking new ground with much of that I know but maybe some people will find it useful.

Got a ride in yesterday. Entered queue at 3:15 with a 120 posted wait, off the ride at 4:18. They were really cranking them out, and the pre-show was in B-mode with Hagrid's doggo just wandering around on screen, and them just passing people through the room. Thankfully the ride wasn't in Bee Mode. All of the typical omissions others have noted still exist, no blast from the skrewt, 2/3s of Fluffy is in operation, etc. The mist in the dip down to the spike was also functioning for the first time since opening day for me.

I did have one observation that irks me: waiting until the last room to pull people for seat tests is an absolutely egregious choice. Having people wait an hour plus just to be told they can't fit is about as terrible as it can get in terms of a guest experience. I personally do not get a solid green light on the outside test seats but I have no issues fitting in either seat, and I watched them turn away a man not much bigger than I, who almost certainly would've fit. There's gotta be a better way.

Thankfully the ride wasn't in Bee Mode

:rimshot:

I did have one observation that irks me

Same. I've mentioned it in here on a couple of occasions. It's the most obvious/egregious one at UOR for certain.
I did get corrected that it is very similar, if not identical to FJ, though. So it's not without precedent.
The difference being, FJ is very dark/dimly lit so it's not as obvious.

Got a ride in yesterday. Entered queue at 3:15 with a 120 posted wait, off the ride at 4:18. They were really cranking them out, and the pre-show was in B-mode with Hagrid's doggo just wandering around on screen, and them just passing people through the room. Thankfully the ride wasn't in Bee Mode. All of the typical omissions others have noted still exist, no blast from the skrewt, 2/3s of Fluffy is in operation, etc. The mist in the dip down to the spike was also functioning for the first time since opening day for me.

I did have one observation that irks me: waiting until the last room to pull people for seat tests is an absolutely egregious choice. Having people wait an hour plus just to be told they can't fit is about as terrible as it can get in terms of a guest experience. I personally do not get a solid green light on the outside test seats but I have no issues fitting in either seat, and I watched them turn away a man not much bigger than I, who almost certainly would've fit. There's gotta be a better way.
There's test seats at the entrance....