The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm not a fan of people saying they "know" what Vince/WWE executives would do/say; we simply don't know! I don't know!

You know what I DO know? Vince loooooves money, and anything that will get his stock prices up. Hence the recent deal with Saudi Arabia, and some booking decisions to expand interest into other areas of the world.

If UNI comes up with a good bit of cash, and sells it to him as a great marketing opportunity, I could see him signing off on it.

Just shooting at the hip here: assuming the concept is still in use this time next year, what would you say to a house based on WWE's Firefly Fun House? I'm imagining a house that begins very bright and comfy, but quickly descends into creepy/off-putting, and by the end, Bray Wyatt, the charming kids' show host, has turned into The Fiend, his demonic alter-ego, and we just have a bunch of scenes of him laying into other, real-world wrestlers left and right. Maybe find a way to incorporate "Woken" Matt Hardy and co.?

...can't be any worse than Hollywood's Undertaker house.

I hate this thread.

So do y'all think we will have all original scarezones this year or will there at least be one or two IP ones thrown in there like in the past few years?

I'm gonna guess Hellraiser is still off the table right?

Talking about Fox/HHN/Disney usage? Fair discussion to have.

Pitching a WWE house? It goes here: Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

I hate this thread.
To both of you: sorry. I knew there was a wish list thread for Hollywood, but not one for Orlando.

I respect you both and wish to carry out these discussions in a civil manner. @Joe, whether joking or not, I wish not to bring out any hateful feelings in you.

So do y'all think we will have all original scarezones this year or will there at least be one or two IP ones thrown in there like in the past few years?

I'm gonna guess Hellraiser is still off the table right?
I think it could go either way. Then again, my friends and I seemed to be the only ones who reacted positively to the Zombieland zone (side note: I get that the sequel is what's being promoted with that scarezone, but after having seen the movie...why not just call it Zombieland? I've yet to see the new one, but everything I saw in that zone appears to be derived from the first one), so I wouldn't be opposed to all original zones next year.

Why would Hellraiser be off the table?

Last edited:
I'm pumped for this! Me, my wife, brother, and sister went for my birthday for HHN 29; it was our first time at HHN and it blew us away.

We're talking about making it an annual trip, so I'm really excited to see what they do next year.

Probably another Stranger Things if Season 4 is released around that time?
Yeti and Universal Monsters were insane and maybe my favorite. Hell, Graveyard Games was awesome too!
Never been a Rob Zombie fan (not that is DISlike him) but his house and scarezones were fun too!

As far as HHN 30 houses I'd like to see:

Jordan Peele is doing a Candyman reboot that could be great.
The Conjuring 3 is coming out in September 2020, so it would coincide with HHN 30s release
I read somewhere that there may be a "Final Purge" movie released in 2020, which would make a great house or scare zone
As for a throwback house... what about Saw or Halloween?

Reactions: Kadath
Look...I'm just gonna agree to disagree with you on this one. Again, although it was in 2000, an Undertaker house has happened before, so it's not like there isn't a precedent. Also, I'm not a fan of people saying they "know" what Vince/WWE executives would do/say; we simply don't know! I don't know! Everything does fall on Vince in the end, yes, but he may love the idea up to and including being willing to walk through the house at 74 (75 come HHN 30).
It's a situation where we have an extremely good idea of what Universal will do. It's not something the current design team would likely want to do.

Just FYI Universal is posting about Stranger Things Day on social media... as much as people think it won't come back (and I do think there being no new content does support this with Season 4 not coming out until 2021), but renmember there was more Stranger Things content then ever before... additional stuff they didn't really have to do like the Cabana Bay photo-op and the random thing by the Bourne theater.

Reactions: Kadath
Do insiders know how high ranked on GSATs the Us house was? If high, then I cannot imagine Candyman is not a house unless it flops, which I am also doubting because Peele is 2/2 so far in critical response and box office return.

Do insiders know how high ranked on GSATs the Us house was? If high, then I cannot imagine Candyman is not a house unless it flops, which I am also doubting because Peele is 2/2 so far in critical response and box office return.

I would imagine pretty high, the queue was always lengthy and even if not Hollywood's was therefore showing it was a design issue not the property.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

I could see Candyman being one of the 3 IPs this year, being the Universal film they want to promote. Either that one or Invisible Man (if they can make that work in any way).

I would imagine pretty high, the queue was always lengthy and even if not Hollywood's was therefore showing it was a design issue not the property.

Stranger Thing's line was the longest at Orlando's event each night and it was at the bottom of the GSATs

I mean it probably isn't much of a stretch to say my speculation (more like prediction) is that PsychoScareapy returns either as a zone or a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.