Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope they amp up the fear factor next year. The lack of a Dead Exposure/Scarecrow house this year really spoke volumes.

And yes, it's time for more originals than IPs, even if I enjoyed all of the IP houses this year.

Graveyard Games and Nightingales were both pretty intense houses. Corpses and Monsters too if you got a good enough run

They weren’t perfect, and there is still a need for some improvement; but I thought they were pretty decent this year. :shrug:
Thankful for the lack of flashlights.

I only had a couple of obtrusive Ops problems. One of the Worst was nearly every time I went through Klowns, there was a Ops standing right in front of the interactive buttons. Another was Ops standing in the middle of the rabbit room in Us,and moments later blocking view of the "fight" at the end.

Funny moment was a Ops leaping for that button on Janine's desk that everyone tries to touch when some particularly drunk Guest was being drunk, and saying "YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT WILL Do! " (even though canonically is just the alarm). I know she broke role but it was funny. Scared the bejeezus out of him.

On the other hand, a line held for a good 3 or 4 minutes (GB I think it was?. Night is blurry) due to three wheelchairs going through . They did a great job conveying the issues and getting things cleared quickly. No guests got angry, which is a feat. Same with confused guests when Rockit valleyed and the queues got routed all wonky.

I feel like they've still got some balancing to do and maybe a retraining class they have to attend half way through the event should be instituted to address year-specific issues far they've noticed, but overall I can see them trying.

This is almost entirely armchair a&d, but what if they had a two-park event where neither park fully closed?
Something like this:
Image-1 (1).png
While it takes the Sprungs, MiB Tent, and Parade Buildings Out of Play, it would still allow for some new locations like the Discovery Center or the Seuss Trolley Extended Queue.

Green is the walkable paths, with Blue as Potential House Locations and Pink as Potential Scarezones. Finally, Orange would be the border between Day Guests and HHN guests.

In this scenario, shows could move to Sindbad, and neither park truly has to close at 6 PM. Only Mummy, Rockit, Minions, Shrek, Poseidon, Seuss Trolley, and eventually Velocicoaster would be lost to the event.

This is almost entirely armchair a&d, but what if they had a two-park event where neither park fully closed?
Something like this:
View attachment 11193
While it takes the Sprungs, MiB Tent, and Parade Buildings Out of Play, it would still allow for some new locations like the Discovery Center or the Seuss Trolley Extended Queue.

Green is the walkable paths, with Blue as Potential House Locations and Pink as Potential Scarezones. Finally, Orange would be the border between Day Guests and HHN guests.

In this scenario, shows could move to Sindbad, and neither park truly has to close at 6 PM. Only Mummy, Rockit, Minions, Shrek, Poseidon, Seuss Trolley, and eventually Velocicoaster would be lost to the event.
Considering the Sprung Tents were created just for HHN, I can't see them not using them. And last I knew from the IOA years, Seuss's estate was VERY specific about them not using that area for any kind of HHN experience. All they could ever do was pump a light fog through it. I'm assuming their stance hasnt changed. Taking those big marquee rides would hurt too - every year I repeatedly hear groups rushing to go on rides (especially Mummy and Rockit) it's not a Halloween thing, but it's an attractor.

I appreciate that you tried to really make this flow though... It's not a bad thought. Just needs some tweaking. :) I would love to have a house in the Discovery Center queue again, that Body Collectors year was enormous.

Something like this:
View attachment 11193

The thing I like about HHN is being in a transformed park, I wouldn’t see this sitting well with most people.

And honestly when they DID do the two-park idea, the execution was just lackluster (some great houses though). A nice idea.... Hard to effectively execute and maintain theming. Especially with HP and Hogwarts Express taking upon more space that can't be utilized.

Yeah with those sprung tents having been specifically designed for HHN, I don't see them just abandoning them. It makes the dual-park concept not viable since 2006.

Last edited:
Graveyard Games and Nightingales were both pretty intense houses. Corpses and Monsters too if you got a good enough run

Oh, they were good and definitely jumpy, but not at a 10/10 level like the others I mentioned. DE had me on the GROUND at one point and Scarecrow had me holding my head in my hands and plugging my ears - that's the level of fear I want in at least one house next year.

Last edited:
Funny moment was a Ops leaping for that button on Janine's desk that everyone tries to touch when some particularly drunk Guest was being drunk, and saying "YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT WILL Do! " (even though canonically is just the alarm). I know she broke role but it was funny. Scared the bejeezus out of him.
Umm, this may have been me. On my last day (11/2) I pushed it. I legit thought it was just one of the “normal” buttons we all try to find (like in Killer Klowns) and went for it. When I saw the OPs guy leap I was worried I screwed up. My buddies are still giving me hell for it. lol.

Umm, this may have been me. On my last day (11/2) I pushed it. I legit thought it was just one of the “normal” buttons we all try to find (like in Killer Klowns) and went for it. When I saw the OPs guy leap I was worried I screwed up. My buddies are still giving me hell for it. lol.
LOL no, this was earlier in the week than that. I'm sure people try to touch it all the time. I just liked the over-the-top yelling reaction of Ops. :)

I know I said I'm not gonna' delve into speculating IP's in my last post, but this is a exception for multiple reasons. One, it's one of the few major franchises in the drying well of IP's that can be up for grabs. Two, this is a IP that HHN has clearly attempted to do before. So we know there's interest in them doing it. Add in that HHN does rely on IP's for Anniversary years, Scream is a IP which would legitimately line up for being part of the 30th.

However, the biggest BUT and Question is how much does A&D/Marketing want to attempt getting this again, and is it even possible to throw out a safety line to rebuild a bridge that definitely got burnt?

Theyre not in the park, they are never in the park . It isnt done with clipboards either,

Hhn surveys are done at the exit of the park and you get to sit down in front of a computer screen and get a keyboard.

You can write as much as you want. They ask your age and sit you down, then you answer the questions on the computer screen. Takes like 5 to 10 minutes.
Actually, I got surveyed at the Kidzone courtyard where the flags are. There were a bunch of them at all the entrances.

Status
Not open for further replies.