Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I'll be there on the 8th for over a week, and have two full days carved out for just...waiting. It was a planned trip before the date was announced, but looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Expectations are way too high already. The “15 Mins” stuff won’t matter once the ride opens. How about just wait and see?

Also, who -- really -- besides hardcore people like us has any idea that Chapek gave that 15-minute number? I don't believe it's somehow permeated the consciousness of the majority of guests who are going to end up experiencing it.

Chapek still should never have said it, of course.

Also, who -- really -- besides hardcore people like us has any idea that Chapek gave that 15-minute number? I don't believe it's somehow permeated the consciousness of the majority of guests who are going to end up experiencing it.

Chapek still should never have said it, of course.
Totally. If anything, it was that 38 minute rumor that got worldwide coverage. Whatever idiot said that really set expectations too high. ;)

I realized a youth dream after I came out of the army in 1985 when I was 21. I traveled to the US and worked for 2 month in a boy scout camp to make it financially work. I loved WDW and have been for many years.
I hate current Disney for the empty shell it has turned into and I don't like what Disney has done for many years in all it's divisions.
But I hope this ride will be a slam dunk, not like the NBA experience but a real one. Not for the company but for the industry. I hope it pushes it forwards like Walt and it's immagineers use to do.

You should never believe anything he says
If we can't trust anything an executive says, thats a major problem. I understand theres always corporate talk to hype up attractions but straight up saying "15 minute ride" is completely misleading. Im not sure how many people caught onto it GP wise, but still. Makes me not want to visit since I am blatantly being lied to, especially when I'm giving them my $. Excited for my Disney trip in the spring but doubt ill be back for quite some time.

I'm still curious that the ongoing potential technical issues are that only one of the two elevators is working properly?
I can't imagine they are very different, if at all? Seems very odd.

Now the ride shutting down due to tripped sensors across so many different ride elements and redundant safety measure. That sounds about right, and a bitch to work out.

I'm still curious that the ongoing potential technical issues are that only one of the two elevators is working properly?
I can't imagine they are very different, if at all? Seems very odd.

Now the ride shutting down due to tripped sensors across so many different ride elements and redundant safety measure. That sounds about right, and a bitch to work out.
Not only sensors, but Wi-Fi drop out/interference still seems to be an issue.

If the ride is as plagued as being reported and having a forced opening before it’s ready and no soft opening.

I could easily see the wait times for this passing 10+ hours.

If the ride is as plagued as being reported and having a forced opening before it’s ready and no soft opening.

I could easily see the wait times for this passing 10+ hours.
They'tre probably trying to duplicate the 'Hagrid situation' and market it around the concept of the ride is so good the lines are out the park.

Just like Hagrid, I’m not stepping foot in the park until all the issues are ironed out.

Here’s hoping all this negative talk is just bad info, and this ride opens as smoothly as Smugglers Run has.
Also...
Hoping Hagrid has its issues ironed out by January!! Since I already bought tickets lol

Just like Hagrid, I’m not stepping foot in the park until all the issues are ironed out.

Here’s hoping all this negative talk is just bad info, and this ride opens as smoothly as Smugglers Run has.
Also...
Hoping Hagrid has its issues ironed out by January!! Since I already bought tickets lol
MF:SR had it's fair share of issues, but because it has 4 separate turntables with multiple pods on each turntable, they could take individual pods and even whole turntables offline while keeping the attraction open. The light crowds also helped mask the issues.

Hagrid's is running fairly smoothly already.

Last edited:
This is why I don’t understand the move to trackless technology. It has so many operational problems. Just hide the tracks. People really don’t care if they can see it or not.
A couple of reasons ... looks better (especially on this ride, where a track down the middle of the hallway would ruin the visual)... more flexibility in movement (not that its been used much for that here - but look at Pooh, or Aquatopia in Tokyo).. and I've head that operational costs are actually cheaper once its up and running.