Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Rob Zombie the Devils rejects or three from Hell (inside the Waterworld area)

2. Jordan peels Candyman (by the tram garage)

3. All hallow evil (Persian Courtyard) based on the scare zone from 2019

4. original maze (By the tram garage)

5. stranger things Season three and maybe four (Soundstage 29)

6. Zombie land (behind the mummy ride)

7.Another maze Based on Universal monsters (backlot)

8. creepshow volume two (Backlot)

9. another comedy horror maze (Backlot)

10. The Walking Dead attraction

Scare zones don’t have a Prediction right now what they could be (?)

I would not want to see Jabbawockeez again do a new show

Maybe a new show starring beetle juice and the universal monsters

Last edited:
1. Rob Zombie the Devils rejects or three from Hell (inside the Waterworld area)

2. Jordan peels Candyman (by the tram garage)

3. All hallow evil (Persian Courtyard) based on the scare zone from 2019

4. original maze (By the tram garage)

5. stranger things Season three and maybe four (Soundstage 29)

6. Zombie land (behind the mummy ride)

7.Another maze Based on Universal monsters (backlot)

8. creepshow volume two (Backlot)

9. another comedy horror maze (Backlot)

10. The Walking Dead attraction

Scare zones don’t have a Prediction right now what they could be (?)

I would not want to see Jabbawockeez again do a new show

Maybe a new show starring beetle juice and the universal monsters

I know Zombieland would work under the rule created by Killer Klowns and Trick r Treat, but does it have either enough content or positive guest reaction in Orlando. Besides Vikings, I saw that zone talked about the least.

I know Zombieland would work under the rule created by Killer Klowns and Trick r Treat, but does it have either enough content or positive guest reaction in Orlando. Besides Vikings, I saw that zone talked about the least.

Agreed. The movie isn't doing too hot either. If one of the Orlando zones ends up coming, it'd be Hellbilly Deluxe, I think.

(P.S. now that we have an Invisible Man trailer...damn, I wanna watch it, and also it has no maze potential pretty much at all. Invisible Man v. Dracula would be awesome and was technically teased by the posters, but it'd be tough to do.)

Agreed. The movie isn't doing too hot either. If one of the Orlando zones ends up coming, it'd be Hellbilly Deluxe, I think.

(P.S. now that we have an Invisible Man trailer...damn, I wanna watch it, and also it has no maze potential pretty much at all. Invisible Man v. Dracula would be awesome and was technically teased by the posters, but it'd be tough to do.)
John talks about the purposeful layout of everything in that maze, including the Tarot cards, here which leads me to mean that those are the two most likely characters to team up. On Hillbilly, just seems a little too, well, sexy? Like, I feel like they could only run it an hour before everyone complains about its content. That's the problem with making an event that has to have a PG13 rating. If they did, It would probably be like pandora, where the majority is just re purposed UV sets, and maybe the reuse of the toxxxic tunnel masks, since they look alike Rob's Kustom Kulture inspired art pieces.

Wll, well, well.....

Spyglass Resurrecting Ghostface in New 'Scream' Movie [Exclusive] - Bloody Disgusting

So Hellraiser and Scream are Spyglass now. This makes those IPs not so far out of reach.
This is what I was mentioning in my post earlier that the rights for Scream have been solved for a couple of months now -- since at least June, as that's when Season 3 of the show came out.
I mean, c'mon, with 10 mazes, how are we NOT going to try to do Scream? The only reason at this point would be to wait for part 5 or if there's just an over abundance of properties that are too hot right now to deny. And that would only be IF Universal reaches a deal with WB to do their properties. Otherwise, there's at least 3 giant slots open for Scream if there's no It, Conjuring, Beatlejuice, etc..

I wonder if it’s also a matter of how they adapt the Scream IP. Like, if it’s hard to get the rights to the film(s), I wonder if they can license the character image and do some sort of original concept around it. I would definitely prefer a maze based on the OG trilogy, but I would also trust Murdy to take the character (which is really more of a figure than a character, meaning it doesn’t need to be tied to anything specific, thematically) and create an original playground for it. Could be fun!

I wonder if it’s also a matter of how they adapt the Scream IP. Like, if it’s hard to get the rights to the film(s), I wonder if they can license the character image and do some sort of original concept around it. I would definitely prefer a maze based on the OG trilogy, but I would also trust Murdy to take the character (which is really more of a figure than a character, meaning it doesn’t need to be tied to anything specific, thematically) and create an original playground for it. Could be fun!
NO. No no no no no no no no! Several points: Murdy doesn't like Scream, he was "trusted" with the character for the Scream 4 Your Life Terror Tram and it was absolutely awful, one of the main reasons it was awful is it had no identifiers to the franchise that makes it iconic such as the garage door scene, Casey Becker hanging from a tree, a gutted Steven Orth, the movie theater scene, the barn, etc..
We need a legitimate adaptation of the four movies or at least the first film. Personally, I think the entire series would be much more fun, alternating some scenes they missed for a follow up year. But I NEED to see the opening sequence, the garage door, and the finale brought to life. The movie theater and the barn/Stab-A-thon, hospital, or any sequences from Scream 3 (the prop room, the mansion) would be a bonus.

NO. No no no no no no no no! Several points: Murdy doesn't like Scream, he was "trusted" with the character for the Scream 4 Your Life Terror Tram and it was absolutely awful, one of the main reasons it was awful is it had no identifiers to the franchise that makes it iconic such as the garage door scene, Casey Becker hanging from a tree, a gutted Steven Orth, the movie theater scene, the barn, etc..
We need a legitimate adaptation of the four movies or at least the first film. Personally, I think the entire series would be much more fun, alternating some scenes they missed for a follow up year. But I NEED to see the opening sequence, the garage door, and the finale brought to life. The movie theater and the barn/Stab-A-thon, hospital, or any sequences from Scream 3 (the prop room, the mansion) would be a bonus.
I hear you — I did say I would prefer a strict adaptation of the movies, particularly the first one. But, you can count me among the (apparently few?) folks who really liked Scream 4 Your Life, at least when you talk about theme/concept. Scream is obviously a very meta property and the idea of going “on the lot” to visit the Stab set was ingenious, IMO. A great use of USH’s uniqueness as a working studio, and very much in keeping with the meta nature of the films. The execution of it all is up for debate, sure, but the idea was solid. And like I said, I thought it was really good. It’s probably one of the last times the Tram was one of the best parts of the night.

So yeah, that’s kinda the reason I said I trust Murdy because I liked that experience quite a bit. But I am 100% aligned with you, I wanna see those iconic scenes come to life.

Guess I'll throw in my speculation properly

- Some Big Hitter IP, most likely a 2020 Movie (or two) i.e. The Grudge, Ghostbusters 2020, Candyman (maybe even all three?)

- Finally a dark horse property. Scream had their rights moved + Conjuring 3 is finally coming out. Uni would be a fool not to take advantage of the situation

- UCM Spinoff (My hope: Dracula in B&W - with an exception for having only blood in red. My Expectation: Werewolf vs ____. Those costumes are gonna be here for a long time and no way does USH not recycle them).

- Killer Klowns returns/ spinoff. Hollywood's was insanely popular and better received than Orlandos (so I hear) and I heard a lot of good things regarding the Chiodo Bros. and their approval of the house.

- Shared original with Orlando that's IP based. Whether it has a name/ property attached to it, I don't know.

- Original House

- Classic Property (The Thing at last? Poltergeist returns?)

- Stranger Things returns to Hollywood one last time.

My current bets:
-Dracula Meets The Mummy
-2 Originals
-The Conjuring
-Beetlejuice
-Creepshow Vol. 2
-Something Jordan Peele

• People have been throwing around the idea of Dracula Meets The Invisible Man because of the posters in the last room of FMTW and also the upcoming Invisble Man reboot, but I honestly dont see it. The only way to make the invisible man look right is to do the effect like they did it back in 2018, which doesn't really allow for scares since if any part of his body moves out of the frame of a black backdrop, the illusion is immediately ruined. I also just think Dracula and The Mummy just make for an interesting combo due to how as far as basics go they're pretty similar, both are undead creatures with power and a following of minions that live in decrepit spaces and emerge from coffin like structures. It also helps that both didn't have a massive amount of presence in the 2018 maze, but at the same time were in rooms right next to each other.
  • As far as the orignals go, since we have no real info, I'd like to see whatever idea Murdy was throwing around a few years ago about living coral, and maybe something Hollywood Harry related, Killer Klowns proved that clowns remain bankable at the event, and we'd be due for Harry to return based on the 2 year cycle he seems to operate on.
  • Conjuring seems like a safe bet to me due to the 3rd film coming out next year, the fact that we were inches away from it coming in 2017, and IT chapter 2's sorta murky reception, I think it's about time the Conjuring franchise got its chance.
  • I know a lot of people have shown distaste towards the idea of Beetlejuice coming to the event, but honestly I'm far more open to it than I was for Ghostbusters. Sure it won't be scary, but visually it could be one of if not the most challenging for the designers, and if done correctly could look absolutely stunning. Not to mention Beetlejuice had a significant presence in orlando's marketing of the original Fright Nights, which to me makes it seem like a fitting return.
  • As for Creepshow, I'd be interested in seeing The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verill, Something to Tide You Over, The Companion, Skincrawlers, and a segment from season 2.
  • Jordan Peele returning somehow should be pretty self explanatory, since Us did so well with the GP and fans, I just don't know if he'd want to bring his Candyman reboot or if he'd want to cook up something original for the event. Either way I'm ok with it.

What if we got Beetlejuice in the form of the comedy show that was speculated for last year alongside a Beetlejuice maze?

Beetlejuice would be fun, a Tim Burton property finally at the event would be cool, though I'd love for it to be an OG take on Mars Attacks.

What if we got Beetlejuice in the form of the comedy show that was speculated for last year alongside a Beetlejuice maze?

Beetlejuice would be fun, a Tim Burton property finally at the event would be cool, though I'd love for it to be an OG take on Mars Attacks.
Honestly I'd prefer just one or the other, but I think some kind of Beetlejuice show is also possible. Dunno how well the Jabbawockeez have been doing in the surveys, but they've been doing it for pretty much 5 years now. At this point I think it's time for a change.

9BB84D5E-A1C3-4F97-9006-4DFD01D69945.jpeg

Dude you read my mind I would LOVE an original take on Mars Attacks! Yes Please!

Guess I'll throw in my speculation properly

- Some Big Hitter IP, most likely a 2020 Movie (or two) i.e. The Grudge, Ghostbusters 2020, Candyman (maybe even all three?)

- Finally a dark horse property. Scream had their rights moved + Conjuring 3 is finally coming out. Uni would be a fool not to take advantage of the situation

- UCM Spinoff (My hope: Dracula in B&W - with an exception for having only blood in red. My Expectation: Werewolf vs ____. Those costumes are gonna be here for a long time and no way does USH not recycle them).

- Killer Klowns returns/ spinoff. Hollywood's was insanely popular and better received than Orlandos (so I hear) and I heard a lot of good things regarding the Chiodo Bros. and their approval of the house.

- Shared original with Orlando that's IP based. Whether it has a name/ property attached to it, I don't know.

- Original House

- Classic Property (The Thing at last? Poltergeist returns?)

- Stranger Things returns to Hollywood one last time.
I actually wouldn't mind KKFOS returning. John Massari LOVED both mazes. Im pretty sure the Chiodo brothers loved it as well, and hopefully one day they could work together to make some kind KKFOS sequel maze.

My gut feeling tells me 2020, we'll see at least one of the white whale IPs (Scream, Hellraiser, The Conjuring, IT, The Ring).. Also, throwing Crypt TV into the pot as well.. those short films have aired at HHN for years now.. Wouldn't be surprised to see them as a maze..

Status
Not open for further replies.