Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

Universal has a 'good enough' approach.
Seems to be the sad truth.

I definitely wish Potter had signaled a bigger change in direction as I originally thought. Don't @ me. Obviously they upped their game, but there have been a number of disappointments since then that are hard to ignore. At least Mummy came from the old days of Uni, and I judge them less for not plussing it versus some of the additions.

Seems to be the sad truth.

I definitely wish Potter had signaled a bigger change in direction as I originally thought. Don't @ me. Obviously they upped their game, but there have been a number of disappointments since then that are hard to ignore. At least Mummy came from the old days of Uni, and I judge them less for not plussing it versus some of the additions.
Well I’m quoting you and one disappointment at the most which was F&F and people hold that against them a little too much.

Well I’m quoting you and one disappointment at the most which was F&F and people hold that against them a little too much.
I think people are also counting Jimmy Fallon as a disappointment.

Also, the general usage of screenz since Potter's opening, including Kong, Gringotts, Despicable Me, and the above mentioned Fallon.

Also, the general hate on Volcano Bay... some people have strong opinions against Tapu Tapu and virtual lines, as well as the over-hype / let-down of it being a "water theme park."

Also, the disappointment (primarily from die hard Universal fans) of Universal closing older attractions including Terminator, Disaster, Jaws, Twister, Dueling Dragons, and Beetlejuice (since Potter).

I'm not saying I agree with the disappointment, but it shouldn't be ignored.

My personal disappointment is that Universal is not pulling the trigger on Pokemon, Zelda, and other potential major expansions, and is possibly holding back due to FW.

Also, the general usage of screenz since Potter's opening, including Kong, Gringotts, Despicable Me, and the above mentioned Fallon.

Also, the general hate on Volcano Bay... some people have strong opinions against Tapu Tapu and virtual lines, as well as the over-hype / let-down of it being a "water theme park."

Also, the disappointment (primarily from die hard Universal fans) of Universal closing older attractions including Terminator, Disaster, Jaws, Twister, Dueling Dragons, and Beetlejuice (since Potter).

My personal disappointment is that Universal is not pulling the trigger on Pokemon, Zelda, and other potential major expansions, and is possibly holding back due to FW.
Fair enough.

The irony is while people complain about screens, Kong, Gringott and Fallon all have pretty high GSATs. F&F is the one that is the one everyone hates.

The irony is while people complain about screens, Kong, Gringott and Fallon all have pretty high GSATs. F&F is the one that is the one everyone hates.
In a bubble, they're not bad rides. Can't complain about Kong or Gringotts. Sometimes we have to remember we're on an enthusiast forum.

Fallon as a complete experience is okay; and for me is less offensive since twister was really a ghost town. I didn't feel the same about F&F because it's based on a more serious IP and is just cirnge worthy half the time.

My mom loves USF because she actually wants to ride that type of ride. I think there a less of those people as time goes on and theme parks become a more ubiquitous experience.

Real thrill rides are still relatively new, and there will always be people that don't really enjoy them. Still, Disney is able to find a balance that appeals to many people while still impressing. Obviously people dislike them for that as well, but I'd rather have an immersive boat ride or an omnimover vs Fallon. That ignores USF's spacing issues though.

Last edited:
Rode this today...Updated lighting everywhere (mostly gobos)

Fresh new projector bulbs in the turntable and scarab room

Looked as if the UV Mummy's on the coaster portion were repainted or lights replaced with LED UV

All in all the ride is firing on all cylinders. As much as I'd like an update, they are taking care of it

Rode this today...Updated lighting everywhere (mostly gobos)

Fresh new projector bulbs in the turntable and scarab room

Looked as if the UV Mummy's on the coaster portion were repainted or lights replaced with LED UV

All in all the ride is firing on all cylinders. As much as I'd like an update, they are taking care of it
Is the turntable room projector still too bright and lighting up the whole room too much ruining the illusion? Been like that for years. Used to be pitch black in there except for Imhotep’s actual face.

It is bright, if you look up then your vacation is ruined
Wasn’t talking about looking up. For years now even just looking at Imhotep you could see everything in the room when it used to be much darker. First time riding I clearly remember not being able to see even the screen he was projected on because of how dark it was. You could only see him making for a great effect that’s been completely lost.

Wasn’t talking about looking up. For years now even just looking at Imhotep you could see everything in the room when it used to be much darker. First time riding I clearly remember not being able to see even the screen he was projected on because of how dark it was. You could only see him making for a great effect that’s been completely lost.
In all seriousness, the lights in the on Imhotep are way to bright and show the arm that's controlling him...

In the treasure room the screen seems dark but I could what was going on

In all seriousness, the lights in the on Imhotep are way to bright and show the arm that's controlling him...

In the treasure room the screen seems dark but I could what was going on
I know for me though those things always seemed present. Why they changed the turntable room for worse when it was perfect was always beyond my understanding.

I know for me though those things always seemed present. Why they changed the turntable room for worse when it was perfect was always beyond my understanding.
Yeah I agree it’s really irritating. Fear of the dark is part of the ride. Other than that issue and occasional broken effects it’s still an awesome ride and experience. It doesn’t need to be replaced, and, a retheme is unnecessary. Retheming attractions constantly shouldn’t happen at a theme park, only at an amusement park. Theme parks are carefully designed and built to be timeless whereas amusement parks contain today’s latest and greatest amusements.

I don't have a lot of historical reference (only started riding his in the last few years), but is it starting to get extra rough compared to it's opening? I'd assume they would just redo the tracks and RV when it comes time.

Glad to hear they are still taking care of the ride but the main thing I noticed on recent trips is that the LIMs on the main launch are less forceful each year I go. It used to be a continuous forceful launch and now there is a distinct stuttering effect like the LIMs are struggling. This isn't just based on weight either because I've ridden with a full car of adults and a car with mostly children and it's the same. The subsequent coaster portion feels slower to me as a result as well.

I don't have a lot of historical reference (only started riding his in the last few years), but is it starting to get extra rough compared to it's opening? I'd assume they would just redo the tracks and RV when it comes time.
The track still seems rather smooth to me...I think it benefits from being indoors...It is lightyears ahead of RRR and Hulk in terms of comfort

The brake portions however...