Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

I rode today for the first time in about a month and they changed the switchback configuration right before load, which was interesting to me.

Now, the Single Rider line goes straight down the side of the last room, but doesn’t make that 90 degree turn to the left, it just ends there and it’s the new merge point with the regular queue (which now goes to the old merge point and then doubles back to the right side of the room to meet with the SR line).

After merge, you enter that tight corridor from the right side of the room, and there’s an added switchback. So now instead of standing side by side with your riding partner, there’s only space to be one in front of the other. TMs now say “Motorbike first, sider car second” or something to that effect. Signage still hangs in the corridor that says “motorbike right, sidecar left”, etc.

Does anyone know why this might be? Was the left/right directions confusing for guests, so they’re trying a first/second approach? That’s the only reason I can think of.

Based on POVs of the ride over the last month, the fog effects at both the Skrewt AA in the hut and the Skrewt after the drop-track haven't been working at all. I hope these haven't been dropped from the ride. They really added an extra element of fun.

Smoke/Steam with sensors normally doesn't end up going well (See HE/Gringotts for another example)
I hope this isn't true. It seems to me like it may just be a temporary impact from ramping up capacity and trying to get the timing right. I can't imagine the smoke at the skrewt would have any negative impact on sensors given the placement isn't by a major track-switch or block section. Speaking of timing, Hagrid's two lines of audio after the drop-track have been crammed together so they happen right after each other. "Best be getting out of here before you get blasted...... NOW, hit those purple buttons," has become "Best be getting you out of here before you get blasted now hit those purple buttons." It sounds strange now.

I hope this isn't true. It seems to me like it may just be a temporary impact from ramping up capacity and trying to get the timing right. I can't imagine the smoke at the skrewt would have any negative impact on sensors given the placement isn't by a major track-switch or block section. Speaking of timing, Hagrid's two lines of audio after the drop-track have been crammed together so they happen right after each other. "Best be getting out of here before you get blasted...... NOW, hit those purple buttons," has become "Best be getting you out of here before you get blasted now hit those purple buttons." It sounds strange now.

I didn’t notice that on my last trip. I think you might be interpolating a lot from a very small subset of data (aka YouTube videos).

I didn’t notice that on my last trip. I think you might be interpolating a lot from a very small subset of data (aka YouTube videos).

It's possible but if you search Hagrid POV and sort by date, the most recent 4 all from different users and with different dates have the same new timing on the audio with no pause between the two lines. It might be an intentional change but I doubt it's just a coincidence.

Rode it on Thursday and Saturday during my trip. I'll sum up my review of this ride as this: Believe the hype. Hands down the best ride I have ever been on.

Thursday: Posted wait time: 105 minutes, Actual Wait: 81 minutes
Saturday: Posted wait time: 150 minutes, Actual Wait: 84 minutes

No fog at the skrewt. Pre-Show was not in use on Saturday.

Did I rate it that? I forget. :lol:

It’s personally my favorite ride at the resort now, with it pushing up my general and Orlando list too.
Thanks :thumbsup: So, it seems it's gotten better with re rides (the first time you said you had a pretty long wait so that sometimes figures in the calculation)....which is a great sign. Yea, before it seemed you liked it a lot, but didn't have it rated as the best st UO.

Smoke/Steam with sensors normally doesn't end up going well (See HE/Gringotts for another example)

Stinks, if true. You'd think someone could design something that would work without affecting the sensors. Granted, we might all get cancer from it, but at least the sensors would work.

Thanks to IAAPA, Intamin has what is probably one of the best looks at the Hagrid vehicle to date.

Look at that thing! How far we've come.

Is there a better themed train out there? I can't imagine there would be.