Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

Gonna chime in with a thought I had. With the "hub" being free access and admission needed only for the lands, do think they might implement a 1/2/3/4 park admission system? So the guest would have access to only the areas they were interested in/could afford.
Even in the free hub rumor, access to the 4 lands would be a flat rate only. You would not be able to buy access to a single land ala carte. (Otherwise Nintendo would be insufferably busy as compared to the rest)

Even in the free hub rumor, access to the 4 lands would be a flat rate only. You would not be able to buy access to a single land ala carte. (Otherwise Nintendo would be insufferably busy as compared to the rest)
Oh I thought the free hub was a definite.

Gonna chime in with a thought I had. With the "hub" being free access and admission needed only for the lands, do think they might implement a 1/2/3/4 park admission system? So the guest would have access to only the areas they were interested in/could afford.
I don't believe a free hub and admission to the lands is the present consensus opinion among most IU Insiders. I think that supposedly discarded concept was a TPU thing.

Look at all the super large concrete sewer and water management pieces that have been laid out! They appear to be 6 - 8 feet in diameter. The underground build is about to commence!

Here is a crop of Bio’s picture:

R2f7Gyh.jpg

Last edited:
I’m glad to hear that honestly, if true. The free hub with the surrounding lands being the only thing needed for a ticket to me just didn’t sound like a great idea. Even with the flat rate of the 4 lands the GP would still just flock towards Nintendo most likely. Need to have some sort of control.
If the hub isn’t the entertainment center for this campus, where do we think it will go?

I’m glad to hear that honestly, if true. The free hub with the surrounding lands being the only thing needed for a ticket to me just didn’t sound like a great idea. Even with the flat rate of the 4 lands the GP would still just flock towards Nintendo most likely. Need to have some sort of control.
If the hub isn’t the entertainment center for this campus, where do we think it will go?
Maybe near the other hotels?

I’m just confused why this is coming back again. It was a rumor that was discussed this summer and explained. It was an early concept that was discarded.
Ya idk either I thought that rumor was squashed too but clearly it wasn’t so I needed clarification. I’m glad all the “hub” is part of the park proper, as it should be.

I’m just confused why this is coming back again. It was a rumor that was discussed this summer and explained. It was an early concept that was discarded.
When TPU started the rumor it subsequently spread all over the Disney sites too, and it had such an impact that some uninformed posters still bring it up on those sites. It will take a good while for that to go away since it became so ingrained. Probably the best thing to do here is that when someone states it like a fact, one of the moderators should re confirm where that concept stands. Otherwise we end up with a whole new conversation where some of us regular posters try to set the issue straight.

I have recently been told that the concept art that they released is a hold over from that concept, and that the hub will be significantly rearranged.
Honestly wasn’t sure if the hub would stay the same or look different, especially with the IOA original concepr art having an identical port of entry but very different Lost continent I just figured it could go either way with original lands

I have recently been told that the concept art that they released is a hold over from that concept, and that the hub will be significantly rearranged.
Hm, that’s interesting. I feel that adds to the rumor that the EU announcement was a bit of a last minute decision, which I think some have rumored.

Even if not though, exciting to hear. Do you expect some of the “staples”
We saw in the hub to stay? A la the coaster, potential mission space building, what seems to be the giant restaurant right in the middle, fountain show, etc? Or are they developing completely new concepts for it?

This is what I was thinking. Permits are being filed for hotels and the lands, but not sure I’ve heard anything for the hub stuff yet.

I’ve always said we should consider the hub layout in the concept art as placeholder... except maybe the location of the fountain, as the plumbing plans match that.