Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

Please forgive me if I'm making this up or if I'm thinking of Orlando, but I could've sworn this ride's exit hallway used to have scare actors dressed as mummy statues standing on pedestals that would jump out at people as they walked by. Last time I went to the park (October 2019 for HHN) I recognized the exit hallway but saw no scareactors or statues. Did they take these out or am I imagining things?

Also just while I'm talking about Mummy, I noticed on my last ride that the audio felt like it was cutting out for quick seconds during the coaster portion, almost like the speakers were losing their connections with some of the movements of the vehicle.

Please forgive me if I'm making this up or if I'm thinking of Orlando, but I could've sworn this ride's exit hallway used to have scare actors dressed as mummy statues standing on pedestals that would jump out at people as they walked by. Last time I went to the park (October 2019 for HHN) I recognized the exit hallway but saw no scareactors or statues. Did they take these out or am I imagining things?

Also just while I'm talking about Mummy, I noticed on my last ride that the audio felt like it was cutting out for quick seconds during the coaster portion, almost like the speakers were losing their connections with some of the movements of the vehicle.
Yes the audio on the trains is awful, full of static! This ride is on its last legs.

Im pretty sure that Uni doesn’t consider Transformers a dead franchise. If they did they wouldn’t of announced a Transformers land(the first one ever btw) in Beijing.

LOL
Could be wrong but just wanna mention that I believe transformers as a franchise is much more successful in China than in the USA. It’s a decision tailored to their market.

Yup! They had multiple "Mummy Maniquins" which would have one of them being a live actor that pops out. It was great, and I miss it dearly.

I didn't have a bad experience with Mummy, but I can definitely see where it's probably being purposefully left to it's own devices (especially if something replaces it sooner than later).

^Seconding the fact that for a short time there was, in fact, a live mummy actor at the exit of mummy. I can imagine it probably got a lot of complaints, because he scared the bejezzus out of a lot of people.

We rode it just today, and the audio from the launch all the way to reverse section was out. It was eerie to be in such silence. We did tell a team member after, but never sure if that ever really has any effect. Guess it's not just us?

I think the Mummy pedestals were removed when the Tom Cruise reboot was preparing to launch - they redid that exit hallway with promo art for the new film, necessitating (sigh) the removal of the figures.

The actor was gone for a while before that. I think they more typically just roamed Lower Lot.

I don't know, but I can say the timing has been off for the final effect for maybe a month or so. Kinda strange they haven't fixed it, and that it even got out of sync in the first place.

Were those rumors more prevalent before the Nintendo stuff started becoming a reality? Could be it was destined for the chopping block but they decided to move forward with Nintendo.

All that said, I don’t think it’s totally safe. The lower lot is obviously going through a huge transformation. We’ll see what they do after Nintendo is up and running.

Tell tale signs would be the ride is progressively less and less reliable and starting to appear neglected. Though I personally think it has a few years left. Having it there will pull people from Nintendo.

I mean, the original SNW rumors before the 2017 shuffling occured were for Mummy and that cluster of stages. It's only a manner of time, IMO; but I do have to wonder if they may be prompted earlier if the shape of the attraction worsens more and more.

Is that even debatable. :):lol:
It is debatable. I think Orlando's has some issues. It certainly has some better coaster elements but the pacing of that thing is just awful. the backwards section makes no sense. the launch is good but then the fake ending seems pointless. too much stop and go. I prefer Hollywood's dark ride to coaster and the reverse sections are great. I know I am going to get slammed by the O town folks but it had to be said.

While we’re on it, what Mummy is better?
:thumbsup:

Is that even debatable. :):lol:

It is debatable. I think Orlando's has some issues. It certainly has some better coaster elements but the pacing of that thing is just awful. the backwards section makes no sense. the launch is good but then the fake ending seems pointless. too much stop and go. I prefer Hollywood's dark ride to coaster and the reverse sections are great. I know I am going to get slammed by the O town folks but it had to be said.

Plebs, we all know that Singapore's the best. ;) :tease:

Remember when rumors were heavy of this Rose’s removal? They died out quite a while back. Do you guys think this ride will last much longer?
I'm not sure if this is highly speculated, but Mummy becoming something Jworld seems like the obvious choice for a change. While I don't love the Jworld theming, it would clean the place up and add a bit of cohesion. My money would be a dark ride or simulator (perhaps interactive), as well as retheme to the majority of the area. For transformers, I don't think its in any danger, but I could see them making the lower lot fully Jurassic world theme, and adding a side entrance to transformers,