Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Are Shows Universal?

It's indeed annoying for new visitors. On the other hand it looks like it's starting to have a cult following like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Maybe it's time for a new script?

It's not just Horror Make Up where it happens. It bugs me when people recite the Haunted Mansion pre-show along with the narrator. Yes, well done. You have done the ride many times and know the lines off by heart. Let first timers, and those who only experience it once every few years actually ENJOY the full experience.

It's indeed annoying for new visitors. On the other hand it looks like it's starting to have a cult following like the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I think it's had a cult following for a long time and things like that in a theme park annoy me to no end. It's the same with vloggers taking videos on ride and playing up for the camera. Looking at you Tim Tracker.

I think it's had a cult following for a long time and things like that in a theme park annoy me to no end. It's the same with vloggers taking videos on ride and playing up for the camera. Looking at you Tim Tracker.
You are right, everything that degrades the enjoyment of the day guests that does a vacation of a lifetime is anti social behavior. When I come I come for about 10 weeks (with 3 to 4 years between them) and I am coming there from 1985, but I still enjoy guests who see everything for the first time.
Yeh and Tim is just there to earn a ton of money with his YouTube channel.

Not a show, but it’s hard for me to contain myself on Mummy cause I know all the lines. I usually don’t say it out loud, although one time my entire ride vehicle knew everything, and we all lost our minds the entire ride through and recited EVERYTHING. I’ll never forget that ride.

Well, fans coming up with callbacks for Beetlejuice led to a bit of a scrum between fans and management. I can say this, management actually views stuff like this in an highly negative way.

Well, fans coming up with callbacks for Beetlejuice led to a bit of a scrum between fans and management. I can say this, management actually views stuff like this in an highly negative way.
I can see it creating an unwelcoming experience for new people

Ive had this thought for awhile and I just think it makes perfect sense for a theme park attraction. I feel Fear Factor is outdated although I don't personally hate the show, its fun because its a little different everytime with new contestant at least. Beside the fact, I feel it should be replaced and it could be a relative cheap makeover.

Family Feud: The Live Experience

Is their even theme park rights to this show?? Didn't it even film at Universal, or in Hollywood? This makes perfect sense to me. Attracts families to sign up and attend the parks. You can survey resort guests at their hotel, in city walk, and in USF to promote the show. Questions are different everytime (or maybe weekly/monthly they have a few different options) actual park families, and they win express pass and a $500 gift card or something. Idk, it makes absolute perfect sense in my head. Show is timeless

Ive had this thought for awhile and I just think it makes perfect sense for a theme park attraction. I feel Fear Factor is outdated although I don't personally hate the show, its fun because its a little different everytime with new contestant at least. Beside the fact, I feel it should be replaced and it could be a relative cheap makeover.

Is their even theme park rights to this show?? Didn't it even film at Universal, or in Hollywood? This makes perfect sense to me. Attracts families to sign up and attend the parks. You can survey resort guests at their hotel, in city walk, and in USF to promote the show. Questions are different everytime (or maybe weekly/monthly they have a few different options) actual park families, and they win express pass and a $500 gift card or something. Idk, it makes absolute perfect sense in my head. Show is timeless

I like it but I worry about what the incentive would be for the audience to go in and watch.

With the right host, it could be a huge hit.

I like it but I worry about what the incentive would be for the audience to go in and watch.

With the right host, it could be a huge hit.
I think maybe if they can somehow create 4 different hosts (kinda like your different driver on Kong, obviously real people though) that could create incentive. Host has to be witty and quick I would say. I’m not fully sure on how it could work but the audience could also partake in the survey. Or maybe the Survey can only be done by audience members to entice people to come. I think enough people would go once on their vacation, the show is quite popular

I think maybe if they can somehow create 4 different hosts (kinda like your different driver on Kong, obviously real people though) that could create incentive. Host has to be witty and quick I would say. I’m not fully sure on how it could work but the audience could also partake in the survey. Or maybe the Survey can only be done by audience members to entice people to come. I think enough people would go once on their vacation, the show is quite popular

The IP gets them through the door.

Getting the audience to do the survey when they walk in is a clever way to get them involved and invested in the answers.

A good host is the reason they’ll want to come back.

There was a time where they had shows like this at Universal

*looks sadly at Nickelodeon soundstage*

Questions are different everytime (or maybe weekly/monthly they have a few different options) actual park families, and they win express pass and a $500 gift card or something.

Questions are easy enough to have a series come up on the big screen and have people text in their answers. Or build it into the Universal App. Either way, that part would be easy.

I don't think UO would do a huge winnings. I mean, if you win Fear Factor now, you get a t-shirt. I would imagine Family Feud would be cheaper to run than the more intricate Fear Factor, so maybe $20 a player or something in that range would be more reasonable.

Almost forgot to mention this. ..The Beetleguise guest appearance, and opening monologue, at the Horror Make Up Show is a nice refreshing plus. It certainly added
to the experience.....And the Horror Show hosts opening satire of covid disinfectants was hilarious. Between the two add ons, and a few other minor alterations, it was almost
like watching a new show. We always loved this show, but now it's even better.

Almost forgot to mention this. ..The Beetleguise guest appearance, and opening monologue, at the Horror Make Up Show is a nice refreshing plus. It certainly added
to the experience.....And the Horror Show hosts opening satire of covid disinfectants was hilarious. Between the two add ons, and a few other minor alterations, it was almost
like watching a new show. We always loved this show, but now it's even better.
Yeah I want to see this! Will make me remember the early days of going to UOR with the Beetlejuice show, always loved that character in the parks, perfect use for him also.

The version I saw was an all female version and I loved it. They went off script A LOT! Also Beetlejuice at the beginning had everyone laughing out loud.

The version I saw was an all female version and I loved it. They went off script A LOT! Also Beetlejuice at the beginning had everyone laughing out loud.
Yes, The one we saw was all female. We ran into that a few times in previous years. It was a refreshing change of pace.