Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Yes it was I that got trespassed for life. Although I did manage to have the trespass overturned and still visit the parks from time to time.

Later...
Just for you newer members that weren't here when Bob was taking the premier photos of Universal Parks....Bob's photos were a gem. His photos were quite professional and he often zeroed in on things that needed corrected. He was the Bio of his time. The first aerial photos of Diagon construction were from @bobwadd and our good UK friend @UK-Trigg. Literally hundreds of aerial photos. And he also had his own internet site that was probably the premier site for SeaWorld Orlando & BGT. Dave @Disneyhead and he are great friends....and great drinking buddies. I'm glad that I've had the pleasure of drinking and partying with these gentlemen on some of my Orlando vacations. Many good times with good people... Dave & Bob & Mark...and of course, three people with great knowledge of the behind the scenes theme park world.

Last edited:
They should put this up...
eastsignHD.JPG

Just for you newer members that weren't here when Bob was taking the premier photos of Universal Parks....Bob's photos were a gem. His photos were quite professional and he often zeroed in on things that needed corrected. He was the Bio of his time. The first aerial photos of Diagon construction were from @bobwadd and our good UK friend @UK-Trigg. Literally hundreds of aerial photos. And he also had his own internet site that was probably the premier site for SeaWorld Orlando & BGT. Dave @Disneyhead and he are great friends....and great drinking buddies. I'm glad that I've had the pleasure of drinking and partying with these gentlemen on some of my Orlando vacations. Many good times with good people... Dave & Bob & Mark...and of course, three people with great knowledge of the behind the scenes theme park world.
I too am happy to say I shared a drink with Bob, highlight of a very good HHN season. Happy to see you post here once in a while @bobwadd

Hey guys. Yes it was I that got trespassed for life. Although I did manage to have the trespass overturned and still visit the parks from time to time.

Later...
I should have added that to my original post. Glad to see you back around these boards and I do miss the excellent pictures of the parks. :toast:
(Sorry for going off topic again)

If the bottom of the lagoon is concrete(I assume it is) then did those long polls get drilled down into the concrete?

@Alicia had an incredible update here with some good info

Regarding this pic:
13-graphic.jpg

So it appears the walkway will follow a similar path as the previous one, but do we expect them to make any significant changes to the front or facade of the Discovery Center?
01.jpg

As you can see, one they finish Raptor encounter and plumbing/electrical, which I would assume is the #1 priority right now, then they'll be able to lay the new walkway and bring a sense of normalcy back to the land. At that time, they could easily reroute just to the left of the DC and fence that area off and start working on that facade as well, if needed.

My 2nd question is, are we expecting a paddock fence down the entire side of the "Roller Coaster Site" in green on the bottom of the yellow pathway? They'd be crazy not to have that...

Status
Not open for further replies.