Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland Paris Resort

So scenic and the new effects look great. (Though the Phantom's new placement in the ballroom is rather awkward.)

But story-wise? What. The. Eff. Is this Melanie or Constance? Since the original story of PM is a very sorrowful tale, a bride who's to marry "the one". Only for a vengeful phantom to kill him on the day of their wedding, and the bride forever waiting for him to return.

The addition of the multiple suitors muddies that, not to mention the effect of the bride vanishing in the portraits makes it seem like she has a sinister edge. Add in her asking you if you'll marry her at the end, and this story is botched.

Speaking of botched, Phantom Manor had the best mansion soundtrack which flowed through the whole ride. For them to chop and discard it here and there is a travesty.

Couple steps forward, several leaps back. Ugh.

Doea anyone have an idea of what the crowds for a Monday and Tues, the first week of June will be like? We can visit the park on either the 3rd or 4th.

Isn’t this the screwiest thing? They don’t try to round up wild birds at the Orlando parks do they? I’ve never seen it happen.

Yup, happens a lot at Universal. Mostly when the ducks are still young and could get hurt or die easier. Tourists are incredibly stupid when it comes to these things and kids try to mess with them as well as adults, which is why they get nudged to a location of the main walkway.

Thing is, no one outside of Animal control is actually allowed to touch these animals, so there ends up being a lot of crazy scenarios where there’s 3-4 people trying to round them up.

Isn’t this the screwiest thing? They don’t try to round up wild birds at the Orlando parks do they? I’ve never seen it happen.

Disney used to just poison the birds to keep the nuisance animals away. They got in a lot of trouble for that...

It's looking like I'm going to be here in mid-January. Is it possible to hit the highlights/unique things at both parks in a single day?

Any tips/tricks, or anything worth seeing in particular? I'm definitely looking at Crush and Ratatouille, but other than that I'm a little lost.

It's looking like I'm going to be here in mid-January. Is it possible to hit the highlights/unique things at both parks in a single day?

Any tips/tricks, or anything worth seeing in particular? I'm definitely looking at Crush and Ratatouille, but other than that I'm a little lost.
If you have the option do extra magic hours in the Studios, head straight to Crush, then you can do the rest in like an hour. Then head to main park and grab a fastpass for Big Thunder and ride Phantom Manor. For quick service do Lucky Nugget, for full dining try Silver Spur or Remy's. For buffet try Agrabah Cafe.

If you have the option do extra magic hours in the Studios, head straight to Crush, then you can do the rest in like an hour. Then head to main park and grab a fastpass for Big Thunder and ride Phantom Manor. For quick service do Lucky Nugget, for full dining try Silver Spur or Remy's. For buffet try Agrabah Cafe.

Thanks for the tips!

We're not staying on site so we don't get EMH (unless it's different than WDW?). Is there anything that we should skip if we've been to WDW in the last year or so?