Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Also, seems like a lot of companies were trying to be the provider for Mario Kart, at least from all the different patents/new tech we've seen that could replicate a Mario kart esq attraction. This could just be another one of them but it does look like the closest to what a Mario Kart vehicle would look like imo.

Observations:

1) I'm digging the green field background between Yoshi and Bowser's (also to far left of bowsers). That'll be similar to Kong's mountains/fog. Universal relies on those murals quite a bit for added depth and I really like them.

2) Notice the binocular/viewing area on the bottom right? AR viewing area confirmed!
Edit: I also notice another set of them just to the left of Yoshi (below the 4 coins). So that will be viewing the other side including Peach's castle. Nice.

3) What are all those small clocks for just to the left of the mushroom building on 2nd level?

Last edited:
Observations:

1) I'm digging the green field background between Yoshi and Bowser's (also to far left of bowsers). That'll be similar to Kong's mountains/fog. Universal relies on those murals quite a bit for added depth and I really like them.

2) Notice the binocular/viewing area on the bottom right? AR viewing area confirmed!
Edit: I also notice another set of them just to the left of Yoshi (below the 4 coins). So that will be viewing the other side including Peach's castle. Nice.

3) What are all those small clocks for just to the left of the mushroom building on 2nd level?
I'm sure there are even more AR viewers throughout the land, but I did spot them in at least those two places. I added labels for easy viewing yesterday:

Official2019b-labels.jpg

I'm sure there are even more AR viewers throughout the land, but I did spot them in at least those two places. I added labels for easy viewing yesterday:

Official2019b-labels.jpg
I guess it's time to add your webpage to my favorites list... :wave:

Is there a play area on the ground floor as well?
Not that I am aware of. Restaurant seating for most of that left side. Main gift shop on the right side of the bottom-level. Nothing but stairs/elevators in front of the Mario Kart building at back-left of the land. And Team Member areas in the rest.

There will however be lots of interactive touchpoints, etc, throughout the land, even on lower level.

Official2019b-labels.jpg
Seems a bit of a missed opportunity to not put dining or at least something else more than just the entrance/exit inside Peach’s Castle. Could’ve had animated paintings on the wall for a bit of unique entertainment.

Also you know what I think would’ve been a cool addition now that I think of it? A Mario kiddie coaster with this music.

So much music I want in this land I’m sure to be a bit disappointed :lol:

Last edited:
Not that I am aware of. Restaurant seating for most of that left side. Main gift shop on the right side of the bottom-level. Nothing but stairs/elevators in front of the Mario Kart building at back-left of the land. And Team Member areas in the rest.

There will however be lots of interactive touchpoints, etc, throughout the land, even on lower level.
Am I going to be able to hit a question box and get a coin....

Am I going to be able to hit a question box and get a coin....
Apparently yes.

Seems a bit of a missed opportunity to not put dining or at least something else more than just the entrance/exit inside Peach’s Castle. Could’ve had animated paintings on the wall for a bit of unique entertainment.

Also you know what I think would’ve been a cool addition now that I think of it? A Mario kiddie coaster with this music.

So much music I want in this land I’m sure to be a bit disappointed :lol:

The lobby of Peach's Castle is rumored to be themed like it appears in Mario64 and Galaxy, so, that's pretty cool actually. There really can't be much to do inside of it though, as it would block traffic passing into the land.