Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, at this point if WB is willing to rent out their IPs (huge "if" there), I'd think Joker/Arkham would be the big get, followed by Freddie/Jason, followed by It.

Of course, both Joker and It would also present the problem of an evil clown at an event I'm still fairly certain will feature Universal's own home-grown evil clown.

I have to assume Arkham is a no-go due to Marvel.

Just pondering here - but do you think that the Creative team "saves" big IPs for marquee years like HHN30? I feel that logically, if they lock down an IP, they run with it as soon as it's confirmed for whatever year it happens to fall in - like ST for #HHN28.

I just hope we're all not thinking there is some incredible IP that they're holding back on - because they could be a huge risk if rights holders were to change.

I personally thought that Ghostbusters would have been a bigger hit - and thought it was strange that they rolled it out in HHN29. In hindsight - it apparently wasn't.

I honestly have no clue what to expect next year - but I'm very excited for both originals and re-imagined / sequel content.

Just pondering here - but do you think that the Creative team "saves" big IPs for marquee years like HHN30? I feel that logically, if they lock down an IP, they run with it as soon as it's confirmed for whatever year it happens to fall in - like ST for #HHN28.

I just hope we're all not thinking there is some incredible IP that they're holding back on - because they could be a huge risk if rights holders were to change.

I personally thought that Ghostbusters would have been a bigger hit - and thought it was strange that they rolled it out in HHN29. In hindsight - it apparently wasn't.

I honestly have no clue what to expect next year - but I'm very excited for both originals and re-imagined / sequel content.
They do not "save" IPs. They take what they can get of what they want.

IPs, in general, requiring striking while there is an element of relevance. Older IPs benefit from anniversaries (unless they're true classics or pop culturally ingrained). Newer IPs need to have continued relevance.

So I have been currently watching a ton of gargoyles on Disney + and just wondering has hhn ever done a house dealing with gargoyles? Obviously not the Disney show just gargoyles in general?

Right. IOA features Marvel, with Disney frothing at the mouth to find any way to get Orlando rights. That’s what Skip is talking about.

Gotcha. Sorry, I’m too used to explaining to friends and family that there’s more than one comic company, and not just something called “comic books” that prints stories with everyone’s favorite characters.

Not entirely sure how people think It has a lesser chance of coming only because of Chapter Two. Yeah, I didn’t really like it all that much, but if UO somehow got a hold of both films, it’ll 100% draw a crowd and receive hype. Also, even though it didn’t make as much as the first one, it still made a lot of money. This isn’t a Doctor Sleep “we’re gonna lose money” situation.

Pinhead is a well known character in mainstream horror. HOTC and KK are more cult classics, but not as mainstream as Pinhead.
The character, sure. The movie, less so - especially considering the papercut death Dimension has foisted on the priest for the last twenty years. In 1994, you'd be one hundo. In 2019, you move more merch and sell more Tix with Shorty and the Captain.

So we're basically looking at a "Big 3" of IPs.

1. ???
2. Jordan Peele's Candyman
3. ???

I think if they get the opportunity for IT, they have to take it. Regardless of if Jack is involved. Scream would also be a nice anchor, but like mentioned before, those relationships are rocky.

Do we ever think that there will come a point where the general public will be drawn to the event in general, regardless of IP?

So we're basically looking at a "Big 3" of IPs.

1. ???
2. Jordan Peele's Candyman
3. ???

I think if they get the opportunity for IT, they have to take it. Regardless of if Jack is involved. Scream would also be a nice anchor, but like mentioned before, those relationships are rocky.

Do we ever think that there will come a point where the general public will be drawn to the event in general, regardless of IP?

No I don't.

That is to say, I don't think the time will come when IP will take backseat.

I feel that we pretty much already saw what that crowd looks like at 27.

AHS was kind of already on it's way out, and the next biggest IP was The Shining. Which, as we saw with Doctor Sleep, may not be the biggest draw for the general public.

Of course, that was thrown out the window the last two years with them bringing ST in.

No I don't.

That is to say, I don't think the time will come when IP will take backseat.

We had a couple of years when hhn only had one IP or zero.
2008 only had one, Doomsday. And that movie flopped
2010 had zero ips.
2011 had one, The thing.

It was in 2012 when the IP craze went into overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.