Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Disneyland)

So, what effect will this have on Toontown regarding fireworks? The land already has to clear out early each night due to its close proximity to the launching pad. Can they really afford to keep that up with a high demand dark ride?

So, what effect will this have on Toontown regarding fireworks? The land already has to clear out early each night due to its close proximity to the launching pad. Can they really afford to keep that up with a high demand dark ride?
They could easily just shut the ride down during fireworks and then reopen. DHS used to do that when fireworks were overhead of TSMM.

I'm guessing this means they're about to demo the building behind it as that background butts up against that building and will start horizontal construction soon. Wonder if they'll reuse the background after the show building is completed or build a different design.

Disney when Coronavirus closes their Chinese parks and decide to raise the prices and halt progress on a new ride we were promised:

9BC61F86-4CB4-4CBF-A934-D4AAFAEB3FAC.jpeg

I swear this better not be delayed too long. Disney is starting a habit of pushing back opening dates for new rides.

I'm sure someone has already talked about this but will the pre-show change for the new version? I feel like the transition from real-life to the cartoon world wouldn't work as effectively when you've already passed through a land/queue that has those same qualities.

I could see Walt Disney Studios park’s Toon Studio, Tokyo Disneyland’s ToonTown, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Shanghai Disneyland’s Mickey Avenue get this ride in the future.

First steel beam placed for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway!:

Honestly, the delay to 2023 was expected given post-COVID construction delays. It's nice to know this wasn't canceled however. Given the typically slow pace at which new attractions are added to Disneyland, Railway, PatF, and Rise of the Resistance within five years is very nice.

I love Railway so much. Don't even mind that it's a clone but of course welcome any and all enhancements given that it's being built from scratch and not using an existing space. (Not that it's stopped them before building the exact same thing)

I love Railway so much. Don't even mind that it's a clone but of course welcome any and all enhancements given that it's being built from scratch and not using an existing space. (Not that it's stopped them before building the exact same thing)
The original queue and capacity additions to Toontown should be nice. My dark horse hope is a small aesthetic refresh (think 2001 to 2010 Paradise Pier changes) plus more robust meal options to support the area.

The original queue and capacity additions to Toontown should be nice. My dark horse hope is a small aesthetic refresh (think 2001 to 2010 Paradise Pier changes) plus more robust meal options to support the area.

Hoping for at the very least the same. Yeah, the shoehorning into the Great Movie Ride queue in the DHS version really set up the feeling that this attraction is easily changeable and not meant for the long haul. Hey... like that Black Box concept we heard so much about..

Especially with SWGE and now MMRR, DL is an absolutely stacked park.
I mean yeah, it's got the history as Walt's park, most MK attractions, 7 classic-style dark rides (2 of which are unique to the park), the Matterhorn, the Submarines, Indiana Jones, a better (and safer) version of Space Mountain, 4 of Hollywood Studios best dark rides and simulators, and New Orleans Square.

Our Tomorrowland's still a bit crap though :shrug:

EDIT: Oh, forgot about seasonal overlays to attractions, and yes I do like Haunted Mansion Holiday more than the original ;)