Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I don't know, man. A slow moving journey through a bunch of screens and barely moving animatronics isn't exactly the bill of goods Disney sold.

But first, they need to make sure it works.

If the concern is that it’s not fast enough, add a room in the beginning with stormtroopers in bikinis dancing and going “Wooooooo!” with beer in hand.

That fixed all the problems with fast and furious....

I always cling to the thought that they can think what they want and make fun of what they want. It will not effect Universal's growth in the slightest.

As for SWL, I hope that the opening of Rise goes well so as not to send a ripple of cuts through the company...There is a bigger picture
I’m 100% with ya there. Im also going in April so I mean hoping it’s good lol

I always cling to the thought that they can think what they want and make fun of what they want. It will not effect Universal's growth in the slightest.

As for SWL, I hope that the opening of Rise goes well so as not to send a ripple of cuts through the company...There is a bigger picture[/QUOTE.

At this point the product is a joke is they have already cut capacity in the parks to maximize profits. They do not care about the bigger picture. I would invest in something else.

Top 10 in Orlando is your barometer? That's pretty low expectations for a ride that Disney has dumped a ton of work and money into. Their expectations are certainly much better than "top 10 in Orlando". Will it deliver? Time will tell.

But if this isn't a "Top 3" ride at WDW, I'd consider it a colossal disappointment/failure in both the GP's eyes and Disney's.

As I've said, my expectations have been lowered as I've learned more about what the ride is going to offer. Unless there are a bunch of surprises hidden up its sleeve, "Top 10 in Orlando" would be a very good showing for the type of ride this is seemingly going to be.

That's a completely separate issue from what Disney's internal hopes for the ride's reception might be. I'll be satisfied if it's a Top 10; Disney surely won't be if that's the consensus.

Yeah hype seems low because Disney’s been fairly quiet about the ride with all the issues they’re working through. They haven’t announced any CM or AP previews and at this point I think we’ll be lucky to get any resort-wide CM previews before opening. I really hope they get everything sorted out, with the big grand opening they have planned and all.

If the concern is that it’s not fast enough, add a room in the beginning with stormtroopers in bikinis dancing and going “Wooooooo!” with beer in hand.

That fixed all the problems with fast and furious....
Did it though hahaha

In all seriousness, I'm very prepared to enjoy Magical Railway more than Rise...But I hope Rise is good for the GP

Someone has posted an entire ride synopsis on magic. Sounds outstanding if even half of that is real.
Was just coming to talk about this. May be best ride in Orlando if they make it look as F’ING good as it sounds. I’ve asked my Disney source about this and they didn’t deny anything, just said this “Yep, it’s going to be one of the biggest rides here. I expect fans to be more than pleased”. Which was boring corporate talk from them but the fact they didn’t deny anything makes me beleive what was posted on magic. My Disney source has denied things in the past as well like the Tangled show at DHS, I got a hard hat tour through TSL where he denied an Al’s Toy Barn, so I think they’d correct me if I mentioned anything incorrect to them. Plus, they’ve never let me down before with the small amount of Disney info I’ve gotten. I have not bothered asking about ride operations as I don’t think they’re as aware of that unless the entire company knows that the operations might be an issue.

Regardless, if you’re a Star Wars fan like myself this sounds like a devilish treat and dream come true of being in a Star Wars film. Very intrigued to see how they pull everything off. And yes, not a 15 minute ride but a 15 minute experience. The experience as a whole sounds incredible however. But, I stand by the fact that Chapek should have never said “15 min ride”, I wish he just said attraction but he’s out of touch. Oh well, get ready for this beast everyone.

Was just coming to talk about this. May be best ride in Orlando if they make it look as F’ING good as it sounds. I’ve asked my Disney source about this and they didn’t deny anything, just said this “Yep, it’s going to be one of the biggest rides here. I expect fans to be more than pleased”. Which was boring corporate talk from them but the fact they didn’t deny anything makes me beleive what was posted on magic. My Disney source has denied things in the past as well like the Tangled show at DHS, I got a hard hat tour through TSL where he denied an Al’s Toy Barn, so I think they’d correct me if I mentioned anything incorrect to them. Plus, they’ve never let me down before with the small amount of Disney info I’ve gotten. I have not bothered asking about ride operations as I don’t think they’re as aware of that unless the entire company knows that the operations might be an issue.

Regardless, if you’re a Star Wars fan like myself this sounds like a devilish treat and dream come true of being in a Star Wars film. Very intrigued to see how they pull everything off. And yes, not a 15 minute ride but a 15 minute experience. The experience as a whole sounds incredible however. But, I stand by the fact that Chapek should have never said “15 min ride”, I wish he just said attraction but he’s out of touch. Oh well, get ready for this beast everyone.

It sounds amazing to me, and honestly I don't know if we've had anything this thorough in terms of experience where the line fades away once you hit the first pre-show. It sounds like, if everything goes correctly, from there on it really should be a 15 minute experience with minimal waiting.

So reading the synopsis, the experience concept is essentially...

The Star Wars take on the Klingon Encounter from the former Star Trek Experience in Vegas

...not a bad choice, and I'll be very intrigued to see how certain effects are pulled off. Though it'll also be interesting to see how ops are since there's certain parts which sound like they could be a nightmare real quick.

It does seem like a specific Disneyland commercial, but as others have said, why wouldn't they just advertise it opening on both coasts? id be worried for the WDW version at this point. Almost no advertising for it and it opens in like 2-3 weeks. And is supposedly one of the biggest Disney rides ever. Safe to say I am worried for them.

I really hope they can pull that effect off.
Also ride seems “slow” in the commercials
The ride vehicles will not be moving fast. Slow moving dark ride with some simulated stuff in between and a drop sequence. The vehicles won't move fast, if anything turn "quickly" but I wouldn't consider any of it fast from what I've heard and can tell.