Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a couple of years when hhn only had one IP or zero.
2008 only had one, Doomsday. And that movie flopped
2010 had zero ips.
2011 had one, The thing.

It was in 2012 when the IP craze went into overdrive.
I'm with you, but that is the past. I don't think that genie goes back in the box moving forward.

The public’s opinion is now dictated by social media influencers. 29 showed that if those influencers aren’t saying good things about the event, the IPs don’t matter.

Create an all original content event year that convinces those influencers the event is scary as hell, and the public will show up.

The public’s opinion is now dictated by social media influencers. 29 showed that if those influencers aren’t saying good things about the event, the IPs don’t matter.

Create an all original content event year that convinces those influencers the event is scary as hell, and the public will show up.

I disagree unless you're going to get "influencers" like :googles top social media stars Cameron Dallas? you aren't going to draw audiences and even then I really have doubts. I feel like people overestimate the power of influencers and celebrities.

Anyone listening to some Horror Nights podcast is already coming regardless.

I disagree unless you're going to get "influencers" like :googles top social media stars Cameron Dallas? you aren't going to draw audiences and even then I really have doubts. I feel like people overestimate the power of influencers and celebrities.

Yup. The influencers, such as they are, didn't move the public needle this year, quite the opposite.

There's a difference between an HHN podcast and Twitter/Instagram in general. Or some of the bigger theme park oriented vlogs.

More specifically, IPs didn’t drive marketing until 2007. It went off and on from there until TWD in 2012.
The IPs were worked into the DNA of the even a lot better in 2007 & 09...They felt like they were supposed to be there.
I hope we get back to that feeling with HHN 30.

It's funny because people still ask me what the theme of HHN is every year...and I have to say...uhhhh, they have Stranger Things and Ghostbusters

The IPs were worked into the DNA of the even a lot better in 2007 & 09...They felt like they were supposed to be there.

It's funny because people still ask me what the theme of HHN is every year...and I have to say...uhhhh, they have Stranger Things and Ghostbusters

As do I...in fairness, though, the event didn't have a theme for the most part pre-10 and 20-onwards, with the exception of 21 and maybe 25. Even 14 didn't have that much of a theme.

Agreed. It’s not that hard to tie everything into an overall concept or theme. Man, I still can’t get over how well Polybius could have worked this past year: every house/zone is a level in a diabolical video game.

I would definitely like to see them start justifying why IPs are there again.

Honestly? Gut reaction is “nah”. No amount of influencers cannot change the event in front of guests eyes.

As do I...in fairness, though, the event didn't have a theme for the most part pre-10 and 20-onwards, with the exception of 21 and maybe 25. Even 14 didn't have that much of a theme.
14’s theme was “What’s Your Breaking Point” with the asylum aesthetics.

And yes, pre-2000 had themes. Eyegor, “Primal Scream,” etc.

And that’s part of the confusion for a lot of fans. People view the “theme” as this tightly integrated narrative when it’s not, really. It’s the tag line and the “look.”

What was the “theme” of the Caretaker’s or Director’s years? It wasn’t the characters. The themes were “Your Time Has Come,” and “You Ought to Be In Pictures.”

Basically, the “theme” is a combination of the tag line and the primary aesthetic.

14’s theme was “What’s Your Breaking Point” with the asylum aesthetics.

And yes, pre-2000 had themes. Eyegor, “Primal Scream,” etc.

And that’s part of the confusion for a lot of fans. People view the “theme” as this tightly integrated narrative when it’s not, really. It’s the tag line and the “look.”

What was the “theme” of the Caretaker’s or Director’s years? It wasn’t the characters. The themes were “Your Time Has Come,” and “You Ought to Be In Pictures.”

Basically, the “theme” is a combination of the tag line and the primary aesthetic.

Then by that logic we've had themes in the 2010s, I guess? I'm just saying it's much more similar to the '90s.

The theme of those years was presented through a media campaign detailing the backstories of those characters. As someone who didn’t attend those years, but paid attention to the event from a far, I took 12 as Islands of Fear presented by The Caretaker, and 13 as The Director has cast you in various roles of his sadistic productions.

Since 25 was a little more than a tag line, I’d think 30 will be the same. An icon hosting the event, which is themed to bring you into a nightmarish world.

Status
Not open for further replies.