Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Good Place

How did I not know this thread exists? As someone who loves moral and behavioral psychology (and philosophy, but not as much), The Good Place is fantastic and does a tremendous job tying in multiple viewpoints.

Sad, but I respect the decision.

I didn’t know this either, but it’s definitely the right decision. When shows go to long, they end up ruining them (Walking Dead, Dexter). At best, they end up tarnishing the show (GoT, Americans, Mad Men). But the ones that quit one their own terms, even with good ratings, are always the best.

In fact, if I think of my top 3 shows of all time, they are 3 seasons, 5 and 5. (Leftovers, wire, breaking bad). Nothing goes 6 or more.
Sopranos did, but I feel we can make that be the exception.

I suppose what I’m saying is; if this were just a comedy, keep it going. But it’s more than that.

I'm all caught up with three episodes to go. I'm not sure how to feel about the last episode, feels sorta like a junk drawer episode a bit plus I'm not happy with how "wrapped up" it appears. Something is amiss.

I can't stop thinking about the finale... I can't believe a sitcom has had such an emotional impact on me. it was so refreshing, funny, and thought provoking. The finale cemented it as of my favorite shows of all time. :':)':)'(