Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

my family probably rode this 15 times last week. I didn't ride RRR and Hulk because I have neck/back problems so Mummy was perfect for me. That launch up the hill never got old. I got bruises all over my arms I guess from the quick stop it does but I don't mind the ride was awesome and I hope they never get rid of it. Also awesome how we got to ride it over and over with no wait because of the times of day we rode it and if there was a line single rider line was great.

I have a feeling the rollercoaster itself will never leave. But, it will probably have an IP swap in the future with a more modern film franchise.

My kids (12 &14, boy and girl) would rather rewatch the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies than ghostbusters. although they enjoyed GB, they have seen mummy 1/2 by choice 15-20 times, and GB twice. They always want to stop on mummy when they are flipping channels as well, but in October kept passing by GB.

Regarding the ride, my daughter and I rode it 15+ times in 3 days during HHN. And I would guess I am closing in on 100+ rides, and she on maybe 30-35.

Amazingly reridable and would be a mistake to replace. Retheming to a new franchise is a possibility but you’d have to get extremely lucky. Nothing in the park feels like mummy- dark, fun, creepy, old-timey, and thrilling.

My kids (12 &14, boy and girl) would rather rewatch the Brendan Fraser Mummy movies than ghostbusters. although they enjoyed GB, they have seen mummy 1/2 by choice 15-20 times, and GB twice. They always want to stop on mummy when they are flipping channels as well, but in October kept passing by GB.

Regarding the ride, my daughter and I rode it 15+ times in 3 days during HHN. And I would guess I am closing in on 100+ rides, and she on maybe 30-35.

Amazingly reridable and would be a mistake to replace. Retheming to a new franchise is a possibility but you’d have to get extremely lucky. Nothing in the park feels like mummy- dark, fun, creepy, old-timey, and thrilling.
It can easily be swapped with another horror franchise. Or maybe a really popular action oriented franchise. I think the coaster is here to stay well...forever. Universal are the king of swapping IPs with an older attraction.

I cannot discount the condition of the coaster. It would make more sense to demo everything as Joe said so a clean sheet design could be used. Less money spent and fewer compromises would need to be made. A better product in the end.
Will it still be as much fun? Can't tell, it could be a wild ride or a F&F but a rebuild if mummy is not in the works imo

Universal Studios Florida has several other key areas that need to be addressed before they should even begin to contemplate getting rid of the best ride in the park.
Yes, but unfortunately Kidzone is forever cursed. No matter how hard Universal tries they will never be able to replace it. So instead we are stuck with actual good rides and attractions being replaced with downgrades like FF Slowcharge.

They'd demo everything behind the facades and rebuild.

I don't think the building would be "fully" demolished.

Gutted to it's shell, ala Fallon? That's a good thought.

I would not discount it. I would think that eventually, Premier will not be supporting that type of system going forward, and thus, would potentially opt Universal with the options of finding clients to help out in keeping it alive, or to rather start with just getting rid of what's within the showbuilding, and then to do something new with it. It's a tall showbuilding, and there are a lot of potential options that they could opt in on doing for attractions or a potential coaster replacement.

Replacing Mummy in any capacity is so far in the future it's not worth thinking about, IMHO.

Maybe but so far history has pointed towards totally removing everything and starting new. Reusing ride systems seem to save money on paper but not in actuality.

Universal Studios Florida has several other key areas that need to be addressed before they should even begin to contemplate getting rid of the best ride in the park.

This is pure blue sky "what if" talk. I have heard of thing that lends me to believe Mummy is going away. Simpsons, Shrek, KidZone, and F&F are all projects I have heard of in some capacity.

Yes, but unfortunately Kidzone is forever cursed. No matter how hard Universal tries they will never be able to replace it. So instead we are stuck with actual good rides and attractions being replaced with downgrades like FF Slowcharge.

Jesus christ dude who peed in your cheerios this morning? You're just creating straw men to knock down.

Replacing Mummy in any capacity is so far in the future it's not worth thinking about, IMHO.

Maybe but so far history has pointed towards totally removing everything and starting new. Reusing ride systems seem to save money on paper but not in actuality.

This is pure blue sky "what if" talk. I have heard of thing that lends me to believe Mummy is going away. Simpsons, Shrek, KidZone, and F&F are all projects I have heard of in some capacity.

Jesus christ dude who peed in your cheerios this morning? You're just creating straw men to knock down.

“I have heard of thing”? I desperately hope that’s a typo lol.

In the end this is Universal and everything is a candidate for the chopping block eventually and that is wonderful.
I would sure hope not for some of the recent stuff they’ve opened Hogsmeade and beyond. They can close after I die or just can’t do the theme park thing anymore, whichever comes first :lol: