Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're used to the Hulk.

I think the Hulk fits its environment and the top hat doesn't but that photoshop image doesn't tell the whole story.

I think the scale is out, it won't appear as tall as that, it will be surrounded by trees and if the trees can hide most of the supports, it's going to blend in well. Even making the supports for that particular bit of track a dark green would make a huge difference

I don’t believe the top hat will be covering up the Discovery Center. I feel like the black track will look neat. This view was already kinda ruined for me when Hogwarts moved in. Plus, I kind of like the idea of having more track visible around the lagoon. Seuss’s Trolley, Hulk, and now Jurassic. Kinda fits the park, in its own weird way.

Yeah the top hat doesn’t line up where the footers have been placed. Can’t believe we’re making generals sweeping statements on a quick fan photoshop.

As of right now I’m gonna have to be convinced on this and hope it looks a lot better than that photoshop bc oooof. Especially since it will dominate the skyline around the entire park.
Specially seeing what they can do with Jurassic World in Beijing, I’m a tad disappointed this area isn’t getting a full on revamp to that. I think the area would still work for it, and we’d likely not get the Gyrosphere ride but that’s fine, the coaster JW in Beijing is getting seems like a nicely needed family coaster, plus the JW river adventure, idk, the more and more we hear about this the less and less excited I am. I just feel there’s so much potential with this but I’ll hate to be wait and see the final product to fully judge. My main issue is I already this park has a coaster similiar to this, and JP needs more high theming.

Specially seeing what they can do with Jurassic World in Beijing, I’m a tad disappointed this area isn’t getting a full on revamp to that. I think the area would still work for it, and we’d likely not get the Gyrosphere ride but that’s fine, the coaster JW in Beijing is getting seems like a nicely needed family coaster, plus the JW river adventure, idk, the more and more we hear about this the less and less excited I am. I just feel there’s so much potential with this but I’ll hate to be wait and see the final product to fully judge. My main issue is I already this park has a coaster similiar to this, and JP needs more high theming.

IDK where you think they'd put that coaster Beijing is getting.

And the park absolutely does not have a coaster like this. Its' going to be the best coaster in the park by a wide margin.

Between this, river adventure and flying dinosaur, Jurassic Park is making itself out to be a pretty appropriately awesome land on a worldwide basis

Also, for what it’s worth, I’m ten times more hyped for this than the JW Beijing ride but they’re both probably gonna be great

A prominent parks Youtuber I shan't name so as to save them any potential trouble showed me the leaked layout which is basically identical to the one that Alicia has, but had the addition of a rendering of the JP/JW waterfront with the coaster in place. IIRC it looked a little more like this:
Untitled.png

Photo creds to both @shiekra38 for the 'shop and @RollermanDan for the photowork.

The difference between Hulk's Cobra Roll and the Velocicoaster's top hat is that the top hat is in an unfitting location

I don’t believe the top hat will be covering up the Discovery Center. I feel like the black track will look neat.

If I were betting on my reaction, it will likely line up more with Alicia’s take.

But basing the aesthetic off of a (terrible) photoshop not in scale and different color w/o trees or surrounding environments isn’t fair. Let’s wait until it’s actually built and landscaped to make judgement. It might be an eyesore (DC) or it might fit great (Hulk).
At the very least, wait until the concept art so we can see the rock work and trees.

IDK where you think they'd put that coaster Beijing is getting.

And the park absolutely does not have a coaster like this. Its' going to be the best coaster in the park by a wide margin.
They’d put it where the coaster is going now, tear down Discovery Center and put the new one towards the back of the area, closer to River Adventure/Raptor Encounter or Vice Versa. Also we have Hulk, similiar heights, a launch (I understand this will have more) but we have Hagrid’s for that as well. There is no “family” coaster which I believe is the rumor for the Beijing one. Calling Hagrid’s a family coaster is a bit of a stretch imo that’s just me. I’m sure this coaster will good that isn’t the issue but I’m not sure, the other one just looks so great and that area is way more fleshed out then ours.

They’d put it where the coaster is going now, tear down Discovery Center and put the new one towards the back of the area, closer to River Adventure/Raptor Encounter or Vice Versa. Also we have Hulk, similiar heights, a launch (I understand this will have more) but we have Hagrid’s for that as well. There is no “family” coaster which I believe is the rumor for the Beijing one. Calling Hagrid’s a family coaster is a bit of a stretch imo that’s just me. I’m sure this coaster will good that isn’t the issue but I’m not sure, the other one just looks so great and that area is way more fleshed out then ours.
I think you’re really discounting what this coaster will be, and reconfiguring the entire land was just never going to happen.

I think you’re really discounting what this coaster will be, and reconfiguring the entire land was just never going to happen.
Doesn’t mean I can’t wish it would happen. I’m just not as confident without seeing some concept art and what to expect with the entire area afterwards are some are. How can you even say this is gonna be fat and away the best coaster when we’ve gotten no official word on it, and Hagrid’s just opened?

Doesn’t mean I can’t wish it would happen. I’m just not as confident without seeing some concept art and what to expect with the entire area afterwards are some are. How can you even say this is gonna be fat and away the best coaster when we’ve gotten no official word on it, and Hagrid’s just opened?
I get you, but if what’s rumored actually happens, I fully agree with him. The rumors have detailed the general storyline and track layout, plus the amazing ride it takes inspiration from, the top hat and a possible world record it could break.

This coaster will look good AND ride good. Not to mention that the coaster will allow Uni to add more "Jurassic Park" elements to the area. JP will finally have a lot more kinetic energy, which it desperately needed.

Agreed completely.

Hagrid will be the better overall package, but this is gonna be the better coaster.

Right. And while this universal is light years ahead in most ways compared to the universal of 1998, the current universal wouldn’t put back anything that compared in scale and size to camp Jurassic. The loss of that incredibly unique area would be too much to bare.

This coaster will look good AND ride good. Not to mention that the coaster will allow Uni to add more "Jurassic Park" elements to the area. JP will finally have a lot more kinetic energy, which it desperately needed.

I think the only issue is the top hat but that's the price for a coaster of this calibre and it's 100% justified. You can't have a thrilling tall coaster without it being tall.

With all the talk of rock work, I'm really hoping for some low to the ground fun. It enhances the speed and is visually pleasing. Now throw a few dinos in there and baby, we got a stew going.

Look at this part of Cheetah Hunt as a prime example:

Without the rockwork, this is nothing all that special but with it, it's an excellent part of the coaster.

I think the only issue is the top hat but that's the price for a coaster of this calibre and it's 100% justified. You can't have a thrilling tall coaster without it being tall.

With all the talk of rock work, I'm really hoping for some low to the ground fun. It enhances the speed and is visually pleasing. Now throw a few dinos in there and baby, we got a stew going.

Look at this part of Cheetah Hunt as a prime example:

Without the rockwork, this is nothing all that special but with it, it's an excellent part of the coaster.

My favorite segment from Cheetah Hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.