Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney+

Curious how the membership will look after Mandalorian is over. Disney should make quick work to replace it with another series, possibly marvel related.

Ive only got enough credit on my gift card for 2 months and until more is released, I don’t see any reason to continue. I doubt I’ll be buying it once it launches in the UK.

With all the deals that Disney have for the UK in relation to the parks with free dining and free memory maker, I think it’s a safe bet that they’ll include Disney+ for a year.

I think it’s a great service for young families. I’ve often complained there aren’t enough quality family shows on cable. The shows that are on the kids cable networks are repeated constantly. Netflix has really been the only saving grace.

A large library of stream able family fair is definitely welcome.
For the folks without kids....not sure if it’s worth it.

I think it’s a great service for young families. I’ve often complained there aren’t enough quality family shows on cable. The shows that are on the kids cable networks are repeated constantly. Netflix has really been the only saving grace.

A large library of stream able family fair is definitely welcome.
For the folks without kids....not sure if it’s worth it.
Plenty of worth for people without kids. A lot of shows from people’s childhood on top of Marvel and Star Wars. This isn’t a kids only service.

Plenty of worth for people without kids. A lot of shows from people’s childhood on top of Marvel and Star Wars. This isn’t a kids only service.

didn’t say it was, just the value may not be the same.
Yeah, i'm finding a great amount of value in beyond any of the originals. While I am loving things like like The Mandalorian and The Imagineering Story (and the Goldblum show is fun), it's the large catalog offered that has me excited. I've never seen a lot of the classics on here just because they weren't ever available to me as a kid or I never picked them up when they came out of the vault. There's also quite a few interesting documentaries, especially on the NatGeo side, that i'm taking in.

I'll admit, i'm predisposed to liking the service as i'm a Disney fan already. And while things like the other Star Wars shows and the Marvel shows can't come soon enough so that there's more Adult-skewing originals on the platform, I still think there's plenty to like about the service no matter age. For example, I showed my grandmother that The Mickey Mouse Club ('55) episodes were on here and she's been caught up watching them ever since as that was part of her childhood... the same reason why Millennials have been buzzing about things like Darkwing Duck and all of the 90's animated shows that are on here.

Yeah, i'm finding a great amount of value in beyond any of the originals. While I am loving things like like The Mandalorian and The Imagineering Story (and the Goldblum show is fun), it's the large catalog offered that has me excited. I've never seen a lot of the classics on here just because they weren't ever available to me as a kid or I never picked them up when they came out of the vault. There's also quite a few interesting documentaries, especially on the NatGeo side, that i'm taking in.

I'll admit, i'm predisposed to liking the service as i'm a Disney fan already. And while things like the other Star Wars shows and the Marvel shows can't come soon enough so that there's more Adult-skewing originals on the platform, I still think there's plenty to like about the service no matter age. For example, I showed my grandmother that The Mickey Mouse Club ('55) episodes were on here and she's been caught up watching them ever since as that was part of her childhood... the same reason why Millennials have been buzzing about things like Darkwing Duck and all of the 90's animated shows that are on here.

That’s adorable about your gran.

The issue is its more a supplement service for those who skew adult than a main service to cancel all other services. Its too sugary for my taste mainly.

The issue is its more a supplement service for those who skew adult than a main service to cancel all other services. Its too sugary for my taste mainly.
I agree it’s sugary. I said as much in a post the other day. There’s no way this could be my only service, I need more adult content, so I’ll still have Hulu, Netflix and possibly HBO Max.

I don’t think Disney would care too much if they are used as a “supplemental” streaming service though as long as they are hitting their subscriber numbers.

The first marvel series isn’t coming until Fall 2020, just before The Eternals.

There will still be about 30 new series and 15 original movies next year. Obviously nothing as high profile as a Star Wars or Marvel project though.

What shows and movies are those aside from the Star Wars and Marvel projects previously announced?

What shows and movies are those aside from the Star Wars and Marvel projects previously announced?

To give a slight list of a few non-Marvel/Star Wars projects
  • Monster's at Work (Pixar)
  • Lizzie Mcguire
  • Diary of a Female President
  • Ink & Paint
  • Muppet's Now
  • Willow sequel (Lucasfilm)
Disney+ has quite an extensive list of reality series and docuseries on their slate, too. Also, continuations like Lizzie McGuire (Season 3), Clone Wars (Season 7) and Fairytale Weddings (Season 2). Togo with Willem Defoe is releasing on December 13th... anything Defoe is in i'll at least give a chance. One Day at Disney is set to debut on December 3rd.

Disney's also working on a Home Alone reboot, and shows based on The Mighty Ducks, The Sandlot, True Lies, The Proud Family, etc.

Last edited:
Disney+ has quite an extensive list of reality series and docuseries on their slate, too. Also, continuations like Lizzie McGuire (Season 3), Clone Wars (Season 7) and Fairytale Weddings (Season 2).

Yup. Additionally, 21CF is making content for Disney+, primarily Blue Sky, on two animated projects for Disney+ on both Rio and Ice Age.

There's a lot of projects coming in, and it's sometimes hard to keep track. I also wouldn't be shocked if we see certain Disney films that may be planned for Theatrical, hit Disney+ instead going forward.

Just watched Noelle with my mom and sister. They love Hallmark movies, so this movie was right up their alley. I tagged along for the watch since the movie had a solid cast (Anna Kendrick, Bill Hader, Billy Eichner).

It’s obviously no cinematic masterpiece, but I enjoyed the movie enough for what it was. It had some good laughs/gags, but wow was the CGI was laughably bad and like any hallmark-esque movie, it played it really safe. Most of the movie was pretty obvious after about 5-10 minutes. Overall, a cheesy, but fun movie.

If people have been in data breaches but use the same log in email and password, that kinda ends up on them. With the service being new, hackers are probably focused on it especially from any recent data leaks.

It's a shame but I'm not sure if Disney screwed that part up. However, if the vulnerability is on their side, shame on them.

cmon Disney give me Disney+ in the UK now, I will gladly pay full price for just The Mandalorian, by the time we get it the whole show will have been spoiled.

cmon Disney give me Disney+ in the UK now, I will gladly pay full price for just The Mandalorian, by the time we get it the whole show will have been spoiled.
Get a VPN (or even just do a free trial with one) and you’ll be all good. Your IP address will make it seem like you’re in the US if you set it that way and then you’ll be able to get Disney+.

Or you could just go to a site like putlocker or something and watch things for free.

Get a VPN (or even just do a free trial with one) and you’ll be all good. Your IP address will make it seem like you’re in the US if you set it that way and then you’ll be able to get Disney+.

Or you could just go to a site like putlocker or something and watch things for free.

It doesn’t work with just a VPN. You need card details with a US address to even get the free trial.

The only way about it for people in the UK besides pirating it is to create a new Apple account, download Disney+ and then buy a US Apple gift card and use the gift card as an in app purchase.

It doesn’t work with just a VPN. You need card details with a US address to even get the free trial.

The only way about it for people in the UK besides pirating it is to create a new Apple account, download Disney+ and then buy a US Apple gift card and use the gift card as an in app purchase.

To add to this. It's a similar story on Android. Create a US play store account and download Disney+ that way.

I managed to link my PayPal account and paid for it that way

Also I had difficulty with some VPNs. NordVPN and expressVPN wouldn't work. However surfshark and X-vpn work well. Just your luck I guess :shrug: