Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

The ride vehicles will not be moving fast. Slow moving dark ride with some simulated stuff in between and a drop sequence. The vehicles won't move fast, if anything turn "quickly" but I wouldn't consider any of it fast from what I've heard and can tell.
Elevator up should pack a punch, and of course the down later too. But yea, otherwise, not a fast ride.

I really hope they can pull that effect off.
Also ride seems “slow” in the commercials

It is un-zippy.

It does seem like a specific Disneyland commercial, but as others have said, why wouldn't they just advertise it opening on both coasts? id be worried for the WDW version at this point. Almost no advertising for it and it opens in like 2-3 weeks. And is supposedly one of the biggest Disney rides ever. Safe to say I am worried for them.

I think the commercial is the Disneyland “flavor” of the ad, similar to how iPhone ads have Verizon or ATT at the end of them. Doesn’t mean it’s not available on the other just trying to stay on brand.

But do worry about this ride. Be very worried. This is sounding like Test Track or IJA levels of messed-up-ness.

It is un-zippy.

I think the commercial is the Disneyland “flavor” of the ad, similar to how iPhone ads have Verizon or ATT at the end of them. Doesn’t mean it’s not available on the other just trying to stay on brand.

But do worry about this ride. Be very worried. This is sounding like Test Track or IJA levels of messed-up-ness.
Wasn't around for those openings (IJA, Indiana Jones?) so not sure what they were like. What did the openings look like?

It is un-zippy.

Yep. We are 2 weeks out, and training has been a disaster so far. A lot of standing around not doing anything because of downtimes.

Oh my, this may make Hagrid's look fully operational. Hoping for the best here however.
Yeah it was devastating, I loved World of Motion but was excited for TT. We would be there half a year after the opening but when we came there is never opened (or so they told us). You could hear a car going by sometimes. A year later we went back and the situation didn't change (traveling from Amsterdam). Eventually I got to ride it 2 years after that and it disappointed me. The hairpin thing and the almost crash was nice but the ride looked ugly and lost the fun and whimsical tough of the original.

I don’t think it’ll be that bad, but there will definitely be issues.

I've heard some things that lend me to believe there's some fundamental issues still not corrected that they will have to deal with. It's like they found a way to combine all the various issues with Kong, Gringotts, Tower of Terror, and Test Track into one ride and they think tape is the best fix.

I've heard some things that lend me to believe there's some fundamental issues still not corrected that they will have to deal with. It's like they found a way to combine all the various issues with Kong, Gringotts, Tower of Terror, and Test Track into one ride and they think tape is the best fix.
Well that sounds... fun.

Wonder if they’ll dare try to open the ride or if they’ll just come out one of these days and says the ride is delayed until some unannounced timeframe in 2020. At this point, I think they have to try and open as people have booked vacations around it, but we’ll see.

Well that sounds... fun.

Wonder if they’ll dare try to open the ride or if they’ll just come out one of these days and says the ride is delayed until some unannounced timeframe in 2020. At this point, I think they have to try and open as people have booked vacations around it, but we’ll see.

Oh and forgot Hagrid. Hagrid like issues.

Well that sounds... fun.

They better get it open.

I think the main test for this rides first few months will be, is the response the same as Hagrid's when people get off. Long waits, downtimes, but the ride is still AWESOME. Thats what I am hoping for at the very least, but we shall see.

I think the main test for this rides first few months will be, is the response the same as Hagrid's when people get off. Long waits, downtimes, but the ride is still AWESOME. Thats what I am hoping for at the very least, but we shall see.

At this point anything less than a mindblowing experience is going to be a let down (To enthusiasts anyway, most of the GP don't even know this ride is coming)

I hope this ends up being Disney at it's best.

Is anyone on here in any forums or part of any really intense Star Wars fan community? I stay away cause generally they're toxic but I am curious their response to this land. As a Star Wars enthusiast from what Ive seen I'm more "Nice but eh" than my mind being blown or anything, but we'll see what its all like in person come April. Hoping this ride is as good as it sounds.