Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

I know its opening in Japan and not the states, but should we expect any more info to come out on this and possible Mario Kart before the end of the year to offset attention from Rise a bit?

I know its opening in Japan and not the states, but should we expect any more info to come out on this and possible Mario Kart before the end of the year to offset attention from Rise a bit?

Like others have said - unlikely.
I'd imagine we get some kind of USJ land preview map early 2020 with an overview of shops and rides coming to SNW, like the WW one they released before opening.

I'll be honest... I don't think Universal is that concerned about Rise.
I mean, regardless of SNW being in Japan and not Orlando, why wouldn't they be a little bit? Its a major E ticket their opening. Lets see how it affects attendance but I think from an objective point of view its pretty hard to not see that Rise is very impressive. Doesn't mean its the best and they must respond but still, when SWGE opened they announced the new park beforehand. So its not too crazy to think about.

I mean, regardless of SNW being in Japan and not Orlando, why wouldn't they be a little bit? Its a major E ticket their opening. Lets see how it affects attendance but I think from an objective point of view its pretty hard to not see that Rise is very impressive. Doesn't mean its the best and they must respond but still, when SWGE opened they announced the new park beforehand. So its not too crazy to think about.

Rise is very impressive. So is Hagrid, that opened this year.

People don't care about rides coming in 2-4 years when compared to things they can ride now.

Stop thinking like a fan and think like advertising.

I am... why would you not want to advertise your companies next revolutionary attraction while the other company is revealing/opening theirs?
Because effort vs lost in the void.

It'd be one thing if another company was dropping NEW news, but revealing details to something that is already known could be lost against the excitement of something else.

Scheduling your thing to open the same day as another company's thing is one thing (like Volcano Bay/Pandora or Sesame Street/LEGO Movie World) as it helps make media outlets choose on what to report on... but when it comes to whether or not people will report on an actual physical ride opening or details for a project we already know about... well, drop in a bucket.

Not worth the time/money/effort/missed opportunity to own a news cycle.

Just my take.

Disney has always been the "Big Dog". So Disney opening this doesn't change the overall picture. So there is no need to respond.

That is the luxury of being the underdog.

Because effort vs lost in the void.

It'd be one thing if another company was dropping NEW news, but revealing details to something that is already known could be lost against the excitement of something else.

Scheduling your thing to open the same day as another company's thing is one thing (like Volcano Bay/Pandora or Sesame Street/LEGO Movie World) as it helps make media outlets choose on what to report on... but when it comes to whether or not people will report on an actual physical ride opening or details for a project we already know about... well, drop in a bucket.

Not worth the time/money/effort/missed opportunity to own a news cycle.

Just my take.

Disney has always been the "Big Dog". So Disney opening this doesn't change the overall picture. So there is no need to respond.

That is the luxury of being the underdog.

Ya, I can see the bigger picture a little bit better now. I believe Alicia even said in her podcast one time how SWGE, Pandora are not technically a response to Universal and Potter, but more of "Hey, they're making us look bad. We can't have that." And that mentality comes from being the big dog. Have to respond if you look "worse" per say. I see your points.

The main thing that really made me question it was the fact they announced their brand new park right around when SWGE was opening. It seemed like somewhat direct timing, so wasn't sure if something similar could happen this time around.

The main thing that really made me question it was the fact they announced their brand new park right around when SWGE was opening. It seemed like somewhat direct timing, so wasn't sure if something similar could happen this time around.

Coincidence is all that was. They announced when they did because the state funding for the road work was going to come to light, and they weren't going to be able to hide that

I am... why would you not want to advertise your companies next revolutionary attraction while the other company is revealing/opening theirs?

Because it’s around the world. There is NOTHING gained in promoting SNW either in the USA or too early in Japan. Nothing. Just like Disney didn’t need an immediate “response” to Epic Universe or anything like that.

Coincidence is that that was. They announced when they did because the state funding for the road work was going to come to light, and they weren't going to be able to hide that

And as part of a political handshake getting expedited approvals for things by appearing in public saying new jobs starting at $15. SWGE has ZERO impact on Epic Universe being announced August 1.

72325045_729736407530167_3599368421617323288_n.jpg
Probably not the ride system that’s gonna be used in MK, but the dynamic attractions ride rumored to be the one used for MK a while ago is in the new 20th Century Fox world in Malaysia