The King's Man | Inside Universal Forums

The King's Man

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Woah - what's the reason? Surely they cant be afraid of Sonic...

Honestly, February and the early portion of March was already cut-throat, considering all of the films coming out during then.

• Bird's of Prey (Feb 7th)
  • Sonic (Feb 14th)
  • Bloodshot (Feb 21st)
September's only real competition is actually The Conjuring 3, and The Kings Man won't even really have as much of an issue until Venom 2 releases; as long as the film's quality is good. Plus, Golden Circle killed it in September, so it seems logic may of won Disney over on pushing the film back to a safer position.

Disappointed we're still practically a year away from this now, kinda killing the momentum of it for me a tiny bit considering the marketing campaign for it started months ago. Was there really that much competition in February? I expect Birds of Prey to destroy the Box Office, but do they really think that Sonic, or Bloodshot are that big of competition? Maybe, but idk. Then Fantasy Island on the 28th which looks to be a major hit or miss. Onward first week of March, then Invisible Man and Kong vs Godzilla, A Quiet Place 2, and Mulan to round out March. There's certainly competition there but if The King's Man is high quality I really think it would've overcome this. Who knows, we'll find out Sept 2020.