Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Half-Life: Alyx

Note that they ask for people to at-least be caught up to HL2 Episode 2.

The fact that it's going to be available for Oculus Quest..has me extremely tempted to get a VR headset for this.

Well, it looks like Valve got the message after 12 years of ignoring the fans' demands. I'm gonna have to reply Half-Life and Half-Life II in order to get the story straight again. I'm really happy Valve actually listens to the fans this time.

Dpl4yg-XgAAj-fl.jpg

The Final Hours is also coming out at launch which will chronicle the near decade of attempts at new games that never came out, I think that might be more interesting than HLA itself.

It's really exciting about what the game will bring. I have no intention of getting VR, possibly because I have a PC and getting one is really expensive just for a specific game. However, Valve always said they want their games to be as innovative as possible; both HL1 and 2 blew us gamers out of the water at their time and I remember after Half-Life 2, there were many people thinking that the next game would probably come with some new innovations since that was kinda Half Life's thing at this point. And VR got thrown around a bit as the next big thing Valve would do with Half-Life since that seemed like the next logical way to go if they wanted to innovate the genre at a big enough scale to rival the previous games. I might geta VR the moment Half-Life 1.5 launches.

I'm excited for this but I'm not buying a VR headset and if that means I can't play it, then so be it.

I'm sure they will release it for keyboard and mouse soon enough or it will be modded.

I believe that it's been said, that HLA is supposed to be only intended for VR, and wasn't developed for non-VR platforms.

Could they? Maybe. But that'd require money that Valve may not be interested to doing, as HLA has been selling hot cakes in sales for them so-far, especially in the sense of Valve Index now having to redo how they sell the VR kits.

I'm excited for this but I'm not buying a VR headset and if that means I can't play it, then so be it.

I'm sure they will release it for keyboard and mouse soon enough or it will be modded.
I don’t know if that would be possible, I just watched a 30 minute interview with the developers and they stressed how it was built from the ground up for two handed 6° of freedom input.

Big time thread bump, but as someone who does not have a PC and thus has not been able to play this game yet, I really hope Valve and Sony can work out a deal to bring this game comes to PSVR2. Perhaps Valve gets Horizon: Call Of The Mountain in such a deal?